• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Week Thirteen (since we seemed to have missed a week...)

revilo85

Thanks, I saw the result, but I was wondering how the actual game went? After losing 11-0 last week I thought Southern would have put a few past Killarney.

Symbahhhhhhh

Kareem was clearly best in his team, he even enjoyed me kicking the ball a little bit further away when it was already out ha :p

regarding the game, was pretty even, our goal was from a corner, theirs a sly fluke. I should of been sent off for studding one of their guys in the thigh, they would of had more chances.

Gopher of Pern

revilo85 said:
Thanks, I saw the result, but I was wondering how the actual game went? After losing 11-0 last week I thought Southern would have put a few past Killarney.

We were 2 players down for 70 odd minutes against The Entrance, who were leading previous to their loss. Not hard to go down by alot in those circumstances.

Against SEU, we defended really well. They only had one good chance (which went over the bar) but we couldn't get the ball up to attack them. We scored off a smashing corner, and they scored off a dipping cross/shot/shank (no idea what it was supposed to be). Overall a draw was a fair result.

Paolo

I'm fairly certain he is referring to petes comment about him playing 1s. Plays 7s n backed up for 1s

Kareem

Gopher of Pern said:
revilo85 said:

We were 2 players down for 70 odd minutes against The Entrance, who were leading previous to their loss. Not hard to go down by alot in those circumstances.

Against SEU, we defended really well. They only had one good chance (which went over the bar) but we couldn't get the ball up to attack them. We scored off a smashing corner, and they scored off a dipping cross/shot/shank (no idea what it was supposed to be). Overall a draw was a fair result.
my take
I think mentally Killarney edged us
and we didnt play like a team that deserved to win
We dominated possession and chances, so it would have been bitter to lose

And our goal was a VERY VERY lucky mishit.
We dominated, but that means nothing in football.
Hit the post 2 times from freekicks (one was a great touch onto the post by gk)
Out star striker missed from point blank range from 8 yards, over the crossbar (what Gopher referred to our 'good chance')
I missed a volley from 6 yards, and a header from 3 yards.
And then we had about another 6  average shots on target (which gk dealt with easily)

They had 2 shots on target from memory (both Sym).

A draw was probably fair, especially considering the determination behind killarney.

Sidenote: what a shit field it must be said. Almost suffocated! A very small field

Kareem

Kanwal Bull said:
priorpeter said:
marinermick said:
Paolo said:
What is kareem doing potting around in 7s?

punching above his weight

My sources inform me he has made the jump up to 1s

was just filling in as far as im aware
1. @Paolo
Got kicked out of ressies
2. @ Mick
lol , after my performance on Sunday, probably
3. @ priorpeter
Who said I made the jump to 1s?
4. @ KanwalBull
Maa1 needed players to fillin last couple of weeks. You were right. I was filling in!

Kareem

i'm sticking with maa7s. Although I'll probably back up for maa1s again in the coming weeks!
NB: According to my club...Maa1 have already 16 registered players, hence why I was put in maa7.

Wombat

Not sure what happened to Week 14 but 035B Kariong 0.0 Terrigal.

We should have won but good even game.  Sadly got a yellow(first one of year) for swearing at  a couple of my own players who were wandering about like 6 year olds.

Kareem

well all 3 comps i participate in were washed out...
yay!
u14C's didnt play
And apparently maa7 and maa1 didnt count
maa7- 3-0 vs Woy Woy
maa1- 3-3 vs Budgewoi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members