• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Week Four - Local League Thread

T

poko said:
Lost to Budgewoi...don't even know the final result. It was 1-1 at half time, but the heat, having zero subs just killed us in the second half.

A bye next week, and hopefully we can pick up a win the week after :)

For the first 3/4 of the game it was pretty even, it wasn't untill the final 20mins or so that you guys ran out of legs... and they found some....

TBF 1 of their players should have been playing 2 or 3 divisions up....

We had them worried when we scored though :D

Johnno

Wed 5th May (Mid Week Game, MAA7 Comp ONLY)

18:30 The Entrance (Kano) v Wyoming; PLUIM1 - Pluim Park 1
18:30 Ourimbah v Budgewoi; PLUIM2 - Pluim Park 2
18:30 Woy Woy v Terrigal (Jesus, Grant); PLUIM3 - Pluim Park 3
20:15 Gosford v Berkeley Vale; PLUIM1 - Pluim Park 1
20:15 Southern Ettalong v Killarney (Ted, FFC, Sym, Gopher, Johnno); PLUIM2 - Pluim Park 2
20:15 Wyong v East Gosford; PLUIM3 - Pluim Park 3

We really need a win.

Gopher of Pern

Johnno said:

20:15 Southern Ettalong v Killarney (Ted, FFC, Sym, Johnno); PLUIM2 - Pluim Park 2

We really need a win.

Am I cut from the team this week? :p

Will probably go down early to watch the other games. We dodged a bullet with the ref, but we have Kareem as AR.

Johnno

Gopher of Pern said:
Johnno said:

20:15 Southern Ettalong v Killarney (Ted, FFC, Sym, Gopher, Johnno); PLUIM2 - Pluim Park 2

We really need a win.

Am I cut from the team this week? :p

Will probably go down early to watch the other games. We dodged a bullet with the ref, but we have Kareem as AR.

What do u mean bullet? Were we close to being fined or something? Whats AR.

Sorry about missing u on the sheet, forgot. Fixed.

Gopher of Pern

AR - Assistant Ref.

The ref we had for the last two weeks is reffing one of the games tomorrow night. Forget which one though.

Sym

yeah we'll be there early enjoying the pre game hype, the first games, then the firing up for our game

we'll win this one
I can feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel it !

offtheball

marinermick said:
It seems a former Mariners' player has signed with the Entrance to play premier league.

That's a fantastic boost for the local Premier League and The Entrance in particular if Brown has indeed signed.

Wombat

pommypete said:
Double header this week:
Wyoming v Terrigal-2 Saturday.
Wyoming v Kincumber Sunday
35DS
2 wins for 5 out of 5

Looks like we will playing you in the C's next year.

Kariong 035B 2. 2 Kincumber.

We didn't play well and missed a penalty.  I think we could get relegated this year as we have lost 5 players to A's and now dont have the depth.

In this match I did a sliding tackle from the side and took the ball fully while slightly brushing the attacker. He screamed that i'd played through his back and the ref blew for a foul??

I said..."Sir, I came from the side, didn't touch him and got the ball!"

The ref shook my hand as we jogged into position and said "I know what your saying mate".  Very strange but I guess thats as close to a ref admitting that he got it wrong!!!

Wombat

marinermick said:
Had Kareem as a ref before. he was very good.

I presume he's the young bloke with glasses and little Muslim style beard?

If so we had him a few weeks ago (v SEU) and he is quite good and will develop into an excellent ref.

Reffing the angry old men of O35 would have been good for him.

grendel

Wombat said:
In this match I did a sliding tackle from the side and took the ball fully while slightly brushing the attacker. He screamed that i'd played through his back and the ref blew for a foul??

I said..."Sir, I came from the side, didn't touch him and got the ball!"

The ref shook my hand as we jogged into position and said "I know what your saying mate".  Very strange but I guess thats as close to a ref admitting that he got it wrong!!!

I think you've been had without realising it.  It is still a foul to tackle a player carelessly, and getting the ball first is no defence.  Maybe that's why he blew the whistle.  He then achieved everthing he would hope for, a free kick to the opposition and a player who disagreed but was unable to argue with him.  I'm sure the ref "knew what you were saying".  It doesn't mean he's admitting to an error, he's simply applying good management to the game, enforcing the laws and avoiding conflict.

A lesson to us all!

Sym

I got pinged for the cleanest slide tackle ever, all ball, no player. just cause it was from behind it was a foul.

I don't like that rule ha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred