• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Week 4 vs Shitney FC

Michael

My son-in -law,a Sydney supporter ( my daughter always had questionable taste !) said that Nisbet would likely be a Sydney target if he continues to play like that and he liked Lewis Miller too.Hopefully we can hang onto these young players and the others like Farrell,Steele,Ballard and McCarthy for a couple of seasons and continue to be a very competitive team.

Tsekenis did his job in his spell but should have done better with his header from Roux's cross.Look forward to seeing more of him-he should benefit from playing with Urena,Goddard and Moresche.

I’m genuinely not worried at all about other aleague teams poaching these kids
They all love Monty and he’s nurturing them perfectly thus far. For each of them I firmly believe their next step (when they’re ready) will be overseas.

Ads

Very true, but also the fact of your in a team that has good dressing room and top 6 much less likely to switch A-League teams at their age than go overseas.

Caceres, Fitzgerald, Buhagier, etc that were young and showed bursts of energy in a poor performing team took the quick change to Sydney & Melbourne because they stood out for their energy or fancy feet but didn’t have the stepping stone or direct confidence to take their chances overseas.

Allreet?

None of those three have ever set the A-League on fire either.

I expected more from Caceres but he plays about one strong game a year. As for Buhagiar... never rated him at all. He frustrated the crap out of me when he was at CCM with his appalling touch and constant offsides. Something he's still not remedied.

Tevor

Great game and Monty had them up for it. I wanted more goals however also appreciate that the second half defending the lead is also a good learning experience for the team and unlike other years I didn't feel like I was about to have a heart attack and we looked comfortable until the end. You do not win the comp in Rd 4.

It is so great to see so many Academy players holding their own and our mix with experience is just right. I've been on Oli's case the last few weeks and that was what I expect from him, very professional performance.

Lets turn CCS into a fortress!!!!

Huddo

the question for these kids is where do they have the best opportunity to advance their career, that's it.

Some of these kids families moved (from as far as interstate) to the coast, just to allow them the opportunity at a team that would give them a chance, they've gotten the chance.

You'd think the question these families would ask is, what's the best chance of advancement and career progression.

Last edited:

Michael

None of those three have ever set the A-League on fire either.

I expected more from Caceres but he plays about one strong game a year. As for Buhagiar... never rated him at all. He frustrated the crap out of me when he was at CCM with his appalling touch and constant offsides. Something he's still not remedied.

Totally agree, caceres has all the the natural beautiful ability so many crave but for some reason never took that next step.
trent on the other hand. Never understood the hype…. Yeah cool he’s a coastie. But he’s all pace and literally nothing else and being in the dominant Sydney team he should’ve added more tools to his game at some point.

true believer

You cant put all that on Arnie, Corica has had 2 or 3 seasons now, if he isnt planning for his team ageing that's his issue not GAs. He was handed a brilliantly running machine and hasnt kept up the maintenance so now its slowly falling apart.
his match planning was poor . why would you have your , gassed,3 oldest players starting the game together ?

Rising Sun

I’m genuinely not worried at all about other aleague teams poaching these kids
They all love Monty and he’s nurturing them perfectly thus far. For each of them I firmly believe their next step (when they’re ready) will be overseas.
Agree. Kids are playing with their mates and playing for a coach they love and getting chances they wouldn't elsewhere. Why move?

A bigger risk might be one of our cashed up southern neighbours making Monty an offer he couldn't refuse. (Which might then lead to a migration of the better youngsters.)

Huddo

Agree. Kids are playing with their mates and playing for a coach they love and getting chances they wouldn't elsewhere. Why move?

A bigger risk might be one of our cashed up southern neighbours making Monty an offer he couldn't refuse. (Which might then lead to a migration of the better youngsters.)

noting the excess number of a grade coaches eg stadjic, down south I think montys position is secure

pjennings

I honestly don't think that will be the case. When Monty does move I expect it to be to take up a position in the Sheffield United setup.

Tevor

I honestly don't think that will be the case. When Monty does move I expect it to be to take up a position in the Sheffield United setup.
This is a possibility however it's only round 4 so lets not get too carried away and he is no Staj so I don't expect him to leave after one successful season. I like what I'm seeing from him so far and he has a young family who enjoy living on the coast and in Oz so a move back to the UK may not be front and centre of his priorities. I'd like to see him have a good long fruitful career as Manager with us, imagine 5 years of a stable manager who appears to be the quality we need and who loves the Club.

pjennings

This is a possibility however it's only round 4 so lets not get too carried away and he is no Staj so I don't expect him to leave after one successful season. I like what I'm seeing from him so far and he has a young family who enjoy living on the coast and in Oz so a move back to the UK may not be front and centre of his priorities. I'd like to see him have a good long fruitful career as Manager with us, imagine 5 years of a stable manager who appears to be the quality we need and who loves the Club.
I'm not saying anything immediate. Monty has always be very loyal. 12 years with Blades. The involved with us until now (albeit playing for 2 seasons with Wolves - but still connected with the club here).

I just can't see him eventually ending up anywhere other than Sheffield United if he left here. He has spoken about being the manager there in the future.

Forum Phoenix

It doesn't matter if you're a rm, dm, or striker, if you get those chances you need to bury them. If you don't, consistently, you're not up to scratch and I'm afraid, that's our Nizzy. Ollie was copping shit for his long range shots and he's hitting the post and forcing saves. Nizzy is missing wide open 18 yard shots and headers. It's great he's creating but when people create for him and he continually wastes them................
We’ll see. Won’t argue he’s a natural goal scorer. But I see a kid who hasn’t been in these positions for his key development years now finding himself there in top flight football.

I also remember watching a young Matt Simon - now our all time golden boot - requiring two seasons to bag his first, it’s a serious step up at this pace. So I’m not convinced with training and more time it’s impossible for the young talented footballer Nisbet is to not be able to considerably improve his strike rate.

And where he’s been playing does matter. if he’d been playing as a finisher for the past five years but missing the chances, then I’d be saying he “doesn’t have it”. As opposed to “doesn’t have it Yet”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami