• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

week 23 other games

Pirate Pete

turn the power off on the foxtel.
go outside and roll around like your bershia
(optional) lean over the fence and abuse the neighbors dog
then turn it on and wait till it finish's booting up .
should be good to go
Thankfully the neighbours no longer have a dog.
The f**king barking bastard.
I've already had a shower, no rolling around.
And besides I don't have a foxtel box.....
ninja.png

pjennings

Now a 3 way tussle for second.

SFC in the box seat where a win against Roar or a draw will do them unless we have 2 big wins

Roar need 3 wins

CCM need a BNE win over Sydney plus 2 wins from their final 2 games or a BNE v SFC draw plus 2 CCM wins from their final 2 games with a 10 goal GD swing.

turbo

Now a 3 way tussle for second.

SFC in the box seat where a win against Roar or a draw will do them unless we have 2 big wins

Roar need 3 wins

CCM need a BNE win over Sydney plus 2 wins from their final 2 games or a BNE v SFC draw plus 2 CCM wins from their final 2 games with a 10 goal GD swing.
We won’t get second but the result tonight gets us a small step closer to hosting a final. Still need to secure as many points as we can but the an threat for leapfrogging us is Brisbane.

4 points would lock in a home final, 3 points would probably get us there too unless Macarthur can reel in the goal difference.

pjennings

We won’t get second but the result tonight gets us a small step closer to hosting a final. Still need to secure as many points as we can but the an threat for leapfrogging us is Brisbane.

4 points would lock in a home final, 3 points would probably get us there too unless Macarthur can reel in the goal difference.

3 points may be enough for a home final but we should be looking for 6 points against 2 opponents who together have collected a total of 1 point from their last 5 games..

SFC in the box seat for second where a win against Roar or a draw will do them

Roar need 3 wins

CCM need a BNE win over Sydney plus 2 wins from their final 2 games or

a BNE v SFC draw plus 2 CCM wins from their final 2 games with a 10 goal GD swing.

I wouldn't give up.

1) If we beat the scum on Tuesday (1 from 15 in their last 5 games) and go to 42 then you have to see what happens with Brisbane. Scum will be up for it but we should be as well, one to cement finals, 2 to keep 2nd alive.

2) If BNE drop any points before the Sydney game they won't be playing for second but may be playing for finals - either way they will be motivated.

3) A SYD win or BNE 3 from 3 games cuts us out of 2nd whatever happens.

4) Assuming Brisbane have dropped points before the Sydney and we have beaten the scum (neither assured) then we need to be hoping for a BNE win before our game.

5) We need to win our final game.

Chances would be SFC 80%, CCM 15% BNE 5%. i.e Sydney only need a draw against BNE and I think we are more likely to win 2 from 2 with our 2 opponents than BNE to win 3 from 3 with theirs.

TeamPTSGames LeftPossible PointsGame 1Game 2Game 3
MCI48151MVC
SFC44147BNE
BNE37346WSWPGSFC
CCM39245NUJWUN
MAC36242WUNWEL
PG32341WELBNEMAC
ADL38141WSW
WEL34240PGNUJ
WSW31237BNEADL
WUN28234MACCCM
MVC18121MCI
NUJ14220CCMPG

turbo

3 points may be enough for a home final but we should be looking for 6 points against 2 opponents who together have collected a total of 1 point from their last 5 games..
I totally agree. We should be putting our best foot forward to ensure we host something whichever way it falls and enter finals with confidence. I just don’t think it’s likely we snatch second. Either Sydney retain their spot or Brisbane will be steaming in red hot to knock them off, those things are out of our control. Locking in a home final is entirely under our control.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I totally agree. We should be putting our best foot forward to ensure we host something whichever way it falls and enter finals with confidence. I just don’t think it’s likely we snatch second. Either Sydney retain their spot or Brisbane will be steaming in red hot to knock them off, those things are out of our control. Locking in a home final is entirely under our control.
Absolutely. We're not going to take second now - but the SFC-AU result was still a good one for us; if we drop any points moving forwards and AU had won, then it would potentially cause us to drop a few places. We should secure third here, which is an incredible result.

But yes - we should be committed to a strong run home. Losing RT is possibly a good thing here - seeing as we'll lose him in the finals anyway, now we have to practice without him.

MCY could well struggle in the finals, though they'll still be strong.
SFC are probably the biggest threat now - and we know we can take them.

Holy f**k, we have a shot at this.

Big Al

SFC and the Nix (i think De Villa is due back today) if they make it will have the best squads.

We don’t want the the Nix or Perth in the first week

Ideally we would like to play either AU or Macathur at home as we have good success against both sides.

3 or 4th would be a massive achievement and one which is deserved

pjennings

SFC and the Nix (i think De Villa is due back today) if they make it will have the best squads.

We don’t want the the Nix or Perth in the first week

Ideally we would like to play either AU or Macathur at home as we have good success against both sides.

3 or 4th would be a massive achievement and one which is deserved
Macarthur at home please!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami