• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

We`re Back!!!

style_cafe

Finally,after years of languishing in the lower ranks QPR are back in the top level of British Football.

The club that gave us, STAN BOWLES,RODNEY MARSH,PHIL PARKES,GERRY FRANCIS & CLIVE ALLEN to name just a few,have gained promotion to the Premier League for the first time.

I just can`t wait to see them playing against some of the the old foes.West London derbies against Chelsea & Fulham are going to be something special.

It`s time for all you QPR fans to dust off the scarves,buy the new jersey & fire the fark up!!!!

hmmm.... but now we need a new home ground...lol

OH the Joy!!!!

scottmac

Suspended
Correct Wee-Mac.

They will suffer some type of penalty it just remains to be seen what the panel decide. There has been talks of fines, loss of points now, loss of points next year & combinations of all 3.

Anyway you look at it Style's celebrations are ultra premature. This will carry on all through the off season with appeals & court action.

Atomic

The club that gave us, STAN BOWLES,RODNEY MARSH,PHIL PARKES,GERRY FRANCIS & CLIVE ALLEN to name just a few,have gained promotion to the Premier League for the first time.

Ha, you say those names as though you expect us to know who they are. The only one I've heard of is Rodney Marsh. He was a great 'keeper for the Aussie cricket team in the '70's and early '80's. As for the others, what were their batting averages?

style_cafe

Ha, you say those names as though you expect us to know who they are. The only one I've heard of is Rodney Marsh. He was a great 'keeper for the Aussie cricket team in the '70's and early '80's. As for the others, what were their batting averages?

If what you write is true then I really feel sorry for you.

It`s a very sad indictment on the game when fans lose respect for the great players of the past.

You have made so many good & intelligent posts in the past,why spoil your good reputation with comments like those above.

dibo

Id be far more worried if someone hadn't heard of Baartz, Yankos, Warren, and Tobin. Not knowing about English players of bygone decades is not a hanging offence.

Atomic

If what you write is true then I really feel sorry for you.

It`s a very sad indictment on the game when fans lose respect for the great players of the past.

You have made so many good & intelligent posts in the past,why spoil your good reputation with comments like those above.

Dont feel sorry for me mate. After reading your reply, trust me when I say your the last bloke I want pity from.

In all honesty, I have never heard of those guys... not even a vague recollection.

I'll give you a little bit of my history. Aussie born and bred. Brought up on a diet of rugby league. Played it, watched it, lived it as a teenager. I was aware of soccer and kept an interest in the Socceroos due mainly to patriotism (the same way I'm interested in the Aussie netball team). So, I knew the big names that dibo mentioned but there was no connection with any NSL team as I felt excluded due to my lack of ethnicity. It wasn't until the A League came along and the Coast had a national identity did I really take an interest in a particular team. I went to the first few games more to support the Central Coast rather than the game, but once I saw a few games I was absolutely hooked! So much so that I played my first competition game with the mighty Woy Woy Roosters at the age of 40. Prior to that, I've never played the game before.

I guess you can say I'm a modern day success story as far as the A league is concerned. I've been converted to football from another code and now I live and breathe the Mariners. So, in response to your post... lighten up champ. If all football supporters were like you then I would've given up the game long ago. Fortunately, the vast majority of Mariners supporters I've met dont pity me due to my lack of English football history knowledge.

scottmac

Suspended
Well said Atomic.

Id be far more worried if someone hadn't heard of Baartz, Yankos, Warren, and Tobin. Not knowing about English players of bygone decades is not a hanging offence.

Not knowing names of any historical period from any country (Australia included) is no offence at all. We welcome all new fans without any judgement of their prior knowledge don't we? Oh no thats right we are quite happy with the attendances our sport enjoys.

CanOworms.jpg

style_cafe

Dont feel sorry for me mate. After reading your reply, trust me when I say your the last bloke I want pity from.

In all honesty, I have never heard of those guys... not even a vague recollection.

I'll give you a little bit of my history. Aussie born and bred. Brought up on a diet of rugby league. Played it, watched it, lived it as a teenager. I was aware of soccer and kept an interest in the Socceroos due mainly to patriotism (the same way I'm interested in the Aussie netball team). So, I knew the big names that dibo mentioned but there was no connection with any NSL team as I felt excluded due to my lack of ethnicity. It wasn't until the A League came along and the Coast had a national identity did I really take an interest in a particular team. I went to the first few games more to support the Central Coast rather than the game, but once I saw a few games I was absolutely hooked! So much so that I played my first competition game with the mighty Woy Woy Roosters at the age of 40. Prior to that, I've never played the game before.

I guess you can say I'm a modern day success story as far as the A league is concerned. I've been converted to football from another code and now I live and breathe the Mariners. So, in response to your post... lighten up champ. If all football supporters were like you then I would've given up the game long ago. Fortunately, the vast majority of Mariners supporters I've met dont pity me due to my lack of English football history knowledge.

The pity wasn`t for your lack of English Football knowledge it was because you hadn`t seen any of them play.

I`m sure if you could have seen these players at the height of their careers you would have have remembered them for life.

I hope you enjoy your new "Football Career",& hopefully the Mariner`s will provide you with many happy memories.

Cheers

PS. Google is a wonderful thing

style_cafe

Well said Atomic.

Not knowing names of any historical period from any country (Australia included) is no offence at all. We welcome all new fans without any judgement of their prior knowledge don't we? Oh no thats right we are quite happy with the attendances our sport enjoys.

CanOworms.jpg

LMAO...love the pic!!

dibo

On basically any other forum I've been on, the last half-dozen posts would've gone completely differently.

This forum really is a nice place y'know!

Roy Law

Fair enough. But I can tell you that if you had been lucky enough to see some of those guys play you would be eulogising as if they were Johnny Raper or Bob Fulton or Wally Lewis...
I was living in London when QPR were runners up to Liverpool for the Title. Great side, great days.

Roy Law

And I look forward to the day when we remember the likes of Mustafa Amini, Bernie Ibini-Isei and Mat Ryan with the same awe and nostalgia

hasbeen

Fair enough. But I can tell you that if you had been lucky enough to see some of those guys play you would be eulogising as if they were Johnny Raper or Bob Fulton or Wally Lewis...
I was living in London when QPR were runners up to Liverpool for the Title. Great side, great days.

Good luck to QPR in the Premier League ... but you still couldn't beat the mighty Leeds !!!

style_cafe

Good luck to QPR in the Premier League ... but you still couldn't beat the mighty Leeds !!!

To be honest Hasbeen I`d love to see Leeds back in Premier league too.

They`ve had so many terrific players too like Billy Bremner, Terry Yorath,Peter Lorimer, Johnny Giles etc.

I hope they do well in the play offs.

style_cafe

The dispute between QPR & the FA has been going on for over 8months.

From the info i`ve read about QPR allegations have been made which, if proven, could constitute 7 breaches of the rules.

These are in regards to the transfer of a player.

Due to the amount of time taken, it does not appear that the alleged breaches are clear cut.

The FA have awarded the trophy to QPR & the playoffs will continue, pending the outcome of a committee set up to investigate the allegations.

So, fingers crossed & hand on heart I`m hoping the promotion goes ahead.

With that said,one has to realise that the history of QPR has been littered with dramas.

It`s sort of like being a Cronulla (NRL) fan,great players,great club, little achievement in the top league.

So a QPR fan will grab any glimmer of glory & cherish it (whilst it lasts.

We live in hope,because that`s what a true football fan does.

scottmac

Suspended
The dispute between QPR & the FA has been going on for over 8months.

From the info i`ve read about QPR allegations have been made which, if proven, could constitute 7 breaches of the rules.

These are in regards to the transfer of a player.

Due to the amount of time taken, it does not appear that the alleged breaches are clear cut.

The FA have awarded the trophy to QPR & the playoffs will continue, pending the outcome of a committee set up to investigate the allegations.

So, fingers crossed & hand on heart I`m hoping the promotion goes ahead.

With that said,one has to realise that the history of QPR has been littered with dramas.

It`s sort of like being a Cronulla (NRL) fan,great players,great club, little achievement in the top league.

So a QPR fan will grab any glimmer of glory & cherish it (whilst it lasts.

We live in hope,because that`s what a true football fan does.

They have copped an 875,000 fine with no points deduction this season or next.

style_cafe

They have copped an 875,000 fine with no points deduction this season or next.
Thanks for the update.

So it seems my celebrations weren`t premature at all.

I just hope they do well & stay up for many years to come.

I can`t wait for the new shirt to arrive!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred