• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

We look strong what about other HAL teams

Wombat

I just looked at squads for upcoming season and am starting to fancy our chances in 2012.

Adel.. Decent squad and should make top 6.
Fold coast......look to be in trouble and could miss out on finals
Roar.......top 4 finish but without McKay the dream run is over
CCM.....going to be hard to beat. Only questions marks are second striker and attacking mid....if we crack that them we can win it
Victory....best squad on paper but question marks on defense and new manager is unknown..top 4
Bling fc.....decent squad and with carle, emmo, beachamp and antonis have some real quality but light on up front...top 4 or 5
Heart...Fred could be ex factor and nice attacking outfit but could still miss top 6.
Glory....the dark horse. Got a real football man in charge who has probably got a feel for this management lark now. Added Smeltz , Dodd and Van de brink (?) They look strong and could be a real threat if they gel.
Nix...not this year.
Scum....Culina is quality but also a petulant git at times and if they flounder I don't see him being too happy.

I can only see 6 teams capable of winning it.....us, victory, roar,Sydney, Perth and Adelaide.

Your thoughts gentlemen?

garlo

Heart I see making the finals ...agree with roar think without McKay could be hard but the new signings could be quality just wait and see and bias aside I think our structure, depth and the desire to go one better will be very hard to beat this year !

marinermick

Adelaide are the smokies for sure. They have recruited wonderfully.

Heart will be in the mix as well.

Ancient Mariner

Forget Glory, beware of Sydney and Adelaide.
Victory will score goals if they can keep certain players fit and on the pitch.
The reason we went well last year was that we had a good run re injuries.

Roy Law

Mariners - I like depth, think we will have goalscoring from midfield with the addition of Pellegrino...we will be very hard to beat, anywhere.
Brisbane will still set the standard with their style of football but have lost too many key playwers to go back-to-back
Adelaide have recruited really well - Dilevski could be a surprise package - but lost the very influential Flores.
Sydney still look unbalanced to me - Emerton will have to bring more than just his ability to get the best out of this team. I would question why Heart let Beauchamp go while still under contract
Melbourne - too old, too slow, too injury prone and no Kevin Muscat to keep it all together at the back. And their goalkeeper is Tando Velaphi...
Heart - lots of exciting young attacking headless-chook talent, will be interesting to see if Fred still has it five years after his best years.Will be a handful but can't see them making a real challenge
Newcastle - the Culina factor - will Jason be fit enough to produce the best of his sideways passing play; will Branko finally have the opportunity to have a team playing the way he wants them to. Have they the firepower up front? Like Kasey Werhman though.
Perth - could be anything - will play 4-2-3-1 with a great goalkeeper at the back and Smeltz goal hanging up front. Will be seeking to jag 1-0 wins wherever they go. Is Fergie up to the modern changes in the game as shown by Ange and Arnie? Should be unbeatable and unbeaten at home.
Gold Coast - after letting most of their best go they don't deserve anything else but bottom last
unless Wellington beat then to the wooden spoon - lots of financial problems, poor recruiting, this could be a bad year for NZ football

scottmac

Suspended
Melbourne too old & slow? Not what I think but each to their own.

The southern teams look formidable.

Gold coast will surprise. The nucleus of the team won the nyl last year and have with them some great experience. Dont underestimate.

some guy

Sydneys pre-season form is really poor- i can see another bad one for them.

For all their off season signings victory have also been poor- losses to 2 state league teams and gold coast is not good.

perth could go either way for mine- great signings, good preseason form, but the long away trips will hurt them, and i just dont know if fergie is up to the quality of this league. will be interesting.

wellington and gcu i see doing badly- just got too badly hurt in the transfer window to pose a real threat imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred