• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Under-utilised Fields / Grounds

greenpoint

I thought I'd read that a new ground was being established at either Kincumber or South Kincumber (can't remember which), and that it was going to be used by Avoca FC.

Is this the Ozanam mentioned above, which is mentioned here as a rugby league ground?

I know that my club arranges with local schools to use their grounds for preseason training. Last year we weren't allowed to use our own ground until after Easter. Perhaps this is something other clubs can investigate?

Also, last season my team arranged a preseason friendly against a team in Newcastle, since we could not use any grounds in the Gosford City Council area. This is something we hope to do again this season.

But as far as long-term solutions go, yes the number of teams versus the number of grounds is a big concern. I kinda suspect that CCF was hoping that by reducing the length of Over 35s matches, some teams would drop out completely!

Jimmy

I just went and had a look at the new Wadalba fields (had to jump a fence to do it) and they are schmick.
Cant wait to get to play on it.

The Central Coast is going to need more venues without doubt. However, it doesn't help at all that the Fixtures generated each year fail to make full use of the facilities we already have. Every season they are a complete mess, teams playing 5 home games then 3 away, then 2 at home, then 6 away, I'm sure those of you who play know exactly what I mean. Even Premier League fails to follow a 'standard draw', which results in a home, away, home ,away series, (with the inevitable two home and two aways to make it work). There seems to be no understanding at all as to how this should work, let alone the planing and thought necessary to take full advantage of what we have. A good example of this was at my Club last year where we had 65 home games one Saturday and then 5 the next ! This problem is further compounded by the endless fixture changes that occur during the season.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

School fields are one thing that could always be looked at.

The problem with giving clubs 2 grounds to look after is that it means they've gotta find some way of running a canteen at the 2nd one, as well as finding extra personnel to run the field

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred