• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Europa League Thread

skilbeck

Its going to be interesting this year, the Europa League is a more open comp than the Champions League where you could pick 20 winners from all pots, not including those that drop out of the champions league, whereas in the Champions League you cant really look past the top 2-3 of England and the top 2 of Spain. The draw will be out later tonight and heres how the pots look

Pot 1
Shakhtar Donetsk
Werder Bremen
Villarreal
Roma
PSV Eindhoven
Sporting CP
Hamburg
Benfica
Valencia
Panathinaikos
Ajax
Steaua Bucureşti

Pot 2
Fenerbahe
Basel
Lille
Celtic
Everton
Club Brugge
Heerenveen
Galatasaray
Anderlecht
Austria Wien
Copenhagen
Lazio

Pot 3
Hertha BSC
Sparta Prague
Dinamo Bucureşti
AEK Athens
Slavia Prague
Levski Sofia
Athletic Bilbao
Partizan
Hapoel Tel Aviv
Twente
Dinamo Zagreb
Fulham

Pot 4
CSKA Sofia
Toulouse
CFR Cluj
Genoa
Rapid Wien
Timişoara
BATE
Nacional
Red Bull Salzburg
Sturm Graz
Ventspils
Sheriff Tiraspol

might want to sticky this with the leagues thread as well

FFC Mariner

The twelve group-winners and twelve runners-up of the group stage qualify for the second round. The clubs that finish this stage in third or fourth position in their group are eliminated. The 24 teams that qualify are joined with 8 teams from the Champions League who finsihed at the 3th position in the CL group.

The draw for the 2nd round takes the following rules into account:
a) Clubs from the same association must not be drawn against each other,
b) The 12 group-winners and the 4 best third-ranked teams in the Champions League group stage are drawn against the 12 group runners-up and the remaining third-ranked teams in the Champions League group stage,
c) The winners and runners-up of the same group cannot be drawn against each other,
d) Group-winners and the 4 best third-ranked in the Champions League group stage play the return leg at home

skilbeck

i wouldnt mind there being a battle of britain but hopefully not til after the group stages, So I hope I dont get drawn with you...yet. This is really an open comp, half the teams listed there could win it i reckon, its going to be interesting

Sym

I dunno about that, for all the awesome attack that athletico have, their defence isn't the best, and porto have lost their best two players.

I'll go talk in the champions league discussion :)

skilbeck

looks like we'll be seeing you in the round of 32 then :p if youre lucky rumour has it that Cypriot team is pretty good and could beat you into 3rd place :p

greenpoint

Aye, the Cup Winners Cup. Dirty cheatin' buggers!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/45232-celtic-the-european-victory-that-never-was/

Arabmariner

Remember it well.

Unsporting tossers they were.We beat them in the European Cup the season before and their coach cried and whinged and said we were the worst team they had ever played.

I don't normally advocate this type of behaviour but these tossers deserved this at Old Trafford.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9JKxk63fcw

FFC Mariner

Roma
Basel
CSKA Sofia

Next round sorted (in 2nd)

Masses going to Roma by all accounts - talk of making it a ToD.

greenpoint

Hope you don't mind if I post the list of match-ups, group by group:

Group A

1. Ajax.
2. Anderlecht.
3. Dinamo Zagreb.
4. Timisoara.

Group B

1. Valencia.
2. Lille.
3. Slavia Praha.
4. Genoa.

Group C

1. Hamburg.
2. Celtic.
3. Hapoel Tel Aviv.
4. Rapid Vienna.

Group D

1. Sporting Lisbon.
2. Heerenveen.
3. Hertha Berlin.
4. eff Ventspils.

Group E

1. Roma.
2. Basel.
3. Fulham.
4. CSKA Sofia.

Group F

1. Panathinaikos.
2. Galatasaray.
3. Dinamo Bucharest.
4. Sturm Graz.

Group G

1. Villarreal.
2. Lazio.
3. Levski Sofia.
4. FC Salzburg.

Group H

1. Steaua Bucharest.
2. Fenerbache.
3. FC Twente.
4. FC Sheriff.

Group I

1. Benfica.
2. Everton.
3. AEK Athens.
4. BATE Borisov.

Group J

1. Shakhtar.
2. Club Brugge.
3. Partizan Belgrade.
4. Toulouse.

Group K

1. PSV.
2. Copenhagen.
3. Sparta Prague.
4. CFR Cluj.

Group L

1. Werder Bremen.
2. Austria Viennia.
3. Athletico Bilbao.
4. CD Nacional.

skilbeck

Group C, A group for Celtic I actually like, the HSV game is gonna be a big oen considering the St Pauli links and the fact they are rivals with HSV, to a lot of those fans its gonna be like a derby. Looking forward to it, hopefully ill be able to get some of it on tv

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami