• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

TV Shows

midfielder

My top TV shows ... could not find the old thread but to go along with the movie thread shows also

Hill Street Blues

This IMO is the best police show ever made and has an amazing cast set so many new ways of shotting scenes. The writing and story lines top notch. The Bill the BBC show was modelled on Hill Street but was never in the same class.

MASH

Arguably the best show of its type ever made, funny, through provoking again excellent writing.

Simpsons

The best show of its type IMO ever made

The Sopron’s

Great gangster show as with the above brilliant writing and direction along with a believable cast.

Faulty Towers

Only made a hand full but so so funny.

Yes Minster

OMG still as true today as it was then

LA Law the original and say the first five years

Brilliant show and portrayed the way defence and prosecution work together

Front Line

Great Aussie show from working dog and just showed the media current affairs for what it was IMO the best Australian TV show ever made.

Underbelly

The first couple so well made … and such local stories.

Brides of Christ

ABC at its best.

Allo Allo

Just so much fun

nearlyyellow

love my syfi

the new battlestar Galactica

doctor Who the best thing on tv for the last 20 years

Grimm don't go to Portland
Haven? Fringe? X-Files? Stargate (s) ? Warehouse 13? Just to name a few. :)

EDIT: Forgot: Eureka. Why do good shows have to end? :(

Last edited:

sydmariner

Top Gear, housos(or anything else by paul fenech), the chasers war on everything(or anything by the chaser cause it made john howard look like a complete fool) & family guy

nearlyyellow

I'm watching this damn thing called "The Last Ship" https://www.google.com.au/#q=the+last+ship

4 stars? wtf? It's crass American (USA'ian) rubbish! The ship's captain acts in a John Wayne monotone, without the magnetism of John Wayne, gor bless 'im (don't smoke, just don't smoke!)
If it *ever* airs on Australian accessible TV, pay or otherwise, don't bother. I'll skim and scan the remaining eps. I have and then just forget it. I very much doubt that it will be given a 2nd. season.

MagpieMariner

Yes, my wife watches them too, that's how I started to watch them. Except "Outlander", my cousin in Canada pointed me to the books which I thoroughly enjoyed, so I was always going to watch the series.

Rowdy

True Detective: Series 1

starring Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson. Was screened on Showcase on Fox.

"Time is a flat circle", McConaughey-hey-hey was a bit out there recollecting his LSD-induced days as an undercover cop, but his & Woody's performance's were outstanding + Cool style with the production brought about a second season (just started) with all new charachters and completely different storyline. Unfortunately it has Vince Vaughan in it.

I fcuk'n HATE Vince Vaughan!

nearlyyellow

I have, and will read them before I wade through the remaining eps of Outlander.

On another note, I had viewed very briefly some time ago (years?) Ep. 1 of Firefly and dismissed it as rubbish. That is until I very recently saw a couple of clips from the show. I have just watched Ep. 1 and I rate it as quirky, very quixotic, and I'm going to watch the whole 14 eps. produced of the show, because sadly only one series was made. It was written and produced by Joss Whedon who also did Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a stupid thing called "Dollhouse" and a current "Marvel" show called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. , none of which interested me and none of which I have watched ??

I may waste my time watching it but I will be entertained, I think. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred