• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tour De France 2010

Hagar the Horrible

Tuesday is the stage from Wanze to Arenberg with the cobbled sections (but they're not going through the trench) and the stage on Wednesday travels south-east from Cambrai to Reims.

dibo

This thread = the duck's nuts.

Love pro cycling and the TdF is as good as it gets.

Key stage this year will be 17 - summit finish atop le Col d'Aubisque. The cobbles of stage 3 on Tuesday night will be pretty good too.

Hagar the Horrible

dibo said:
This thread = the duck's nuts.

Love pro cycling and the TdF is as good as it gets.

Key stage this year will be 17 - summit finish atop le Col d'Aubisque. The cobbles of stage 3 on Tuesday night will be pretty good too.
I presume that you mean the summit finish on the Tourmalet.

midfielder

Stage 7 Saturday night ... Station Des Roussess... some good climbs in it ... after stage 6 tonight not that steep but all up hill...

Yell for Cadell he my wear the yellow after Saturday night..

Stage 8 on Sunday boy a couple more steep climbs..

Stage 9 .. Farkkkkkkkkkkk especially the dopwnhill at the end ... Farkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Stage 10 ... challenging more climbs

Stage 11 ... back to more normal...

Then watch stage 12 , 14 another Farkkkk, stage 15 more Farkkkkkk, stage 16 is it possible... and then stage 17 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRKKKKKKK

Getting to an interesting point the mountains are coming...

scottmac

Suspended
hasbeen said:
Like watching F*ing grass grow ...

Mega crashes, cobblestone roads, dangerous descents, the French countryside with all its history, and with two climbs of the Col du Tourmalet one being a stage finish to come, this is going to be an absolute cracker tour.

Bex

Its like most things, if you don't take the time to appreciate what they're doing then it's probably boring. Grab a bike and go up a 200m rise at 6% grade and 15km/hr and see how you feel. Then watch these guys average 40km/hr over 1200km in 5 days and then watch them do a 300m climb, two 400m climbs, a 700m climb and a 1000m all on the next day and tell me you're not impressed with what they're doing.

I'm speaking from experience as I took up road cycling at the end of last A-League season and do a 50km race every weekend plus training rides and the occasional 100km ride - couldn't watch The Tour in the past and now I'm glued to the coverage. Won't be shaving the legs any time soon though :)

Bex

Can't anyway MF, am in Perth for 6 months for work. 1 week home per month and Sydney game not in that week :-(

dibo

clip of specialized bikes TdF ad (OS version):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPq0hDdDhs

scottmac

Suspended
Devastated for Cadel. Finally he had a team which was willing to protect him and ride for him and he has a day like that. Heartbreaking.

TiredLLegs

Playing AA in KDSA quite a few (too many) years ago against "Snives". Young defender lets out this "Whoooa" & stops playing. Completely.

Hot Chick? thinks I.

Nope. Some lycra clad nimrod on a glorified malvern star goes past. It's a <some obscure brand> pipes the clocked-off CB. Im still not convinced it was the bike, but hey...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred