• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Top 5 goals you celebrated the hardest......

serious14

I'm gonna ask this question with all of the teams that you support in mind, not just the Mariners - mods, feel free to move to wherever if you see fit.

Now obviously we all celebrate each and every goal for the teams we follow pretty damn hard, but there are some that are just that important, or mean that much to you, that you celebrate them that much harder/louder/cheerier.  Here be my 5.......

5). Ryan Giggs, 1999 FA Cup Semi Final/Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer, 1999 Champions League Final.  Anyone who watched either of these games knows exactly why they are on this list.  Not quite sure the street where I used to live in Tamworth quite know what hit it when both these goals went in.  The day at school after the Champions League final was quite awesome I must admit - it just happened to be a mufti day - Man U jersey aaaaaaaaaaallllllllll day.    ;D ;D ;D

4).  Petrovski vs. Sydney at Sydney (Round 1, Season 3)/Pondeljak vs. Melbourne at Gosford (November '07).  The Petrovski goal signalled the start of our premiership charge, and it came after that MONTH of firing up on the forum.  In-the-rain celebrations not seen since the home game against Perth in Season 1.  Utter, utter madness.  It wasn't too bad that we won the game either.    ;)    Tommy's goal was pure bliss - it sealed a 2-1 comeback win, it sent me into some sort of state of maddened ecstacy, it was WORLD CLARSH, and it again reinforced just how crucial to our team he is.  SIGN THE MAN UP LAWRIE!!!!    :p

3). Cahill vs. Oman, Bangkok (July '07).  I'd just forked out a few grand for the trip, it was 499034784 degrees, with double that in the humidity stakes, it had been pissing down rain since the hour mark, and we'd played fair garbage for the full 92 minutes, and then........ up pops the man himself, Timmy C, to send the few thousand Aussie travellers into something beyond raptures.  To this day, the only time I've ever charged the fence South American style (well, what fence there was - there was a shitload of water in the way and said fence only ended up being a bar above a moat, but you get the idea) to celebrate a goal.  Not to mention Murphs slipped down the stairs and f*cked up his hand good....... it kinda was funny at the time.  Sheer madness.    :eek:verhead: :popo:

2). Cahill's double vs. Japan, Kaiserslauten (World Cup, June '06).  Well duh.

1). Bresciano vs. Uruguay, Sydney (WCQ, November '05).    Well double duh.    :pirashoot:

marinermick

geez, no choice:

1. aloisi v uruguay - getting an online feed from my hotel in goa, india. Once that went through I screamed through the resort and down to the beach where my wife was sunbaking. Went straight into the surf screaming.

and then

2. Dean Heffernan's penalty to beat Newcastle in our first game - preseason v.1. Totally drunk and totally pumped by a full bay first up.

FFC Mariner

Restricted to CCM moments only and in no particualr order:-

1) Heff's header to beat the scum in the minor semi at bluetongue (V1)

2) Saso at SFS, game 1 this season (still best CCM away match atmosphere ever)

3) Tommy P at home to MV this season

4) Tommy at Adelaide, prelim final V1

5) Ossie at EAS 1st leg minor semi V1

tyson

um...
no particular order:

aloisis penalty against uruguay

spencers deflection goal against sydney, v1

all 3 goals against japan in germany

johnny whelpdales golden-goal extra time winner in the U/15's champions of champions grand final 2007

micky coates's 40m screaming volley into the pidgeons at East Gosford against The Entrance to knock them out of the top 2 in Mens Premier League last season.

skilbeck

All recent History as my memory is s**t :p

Mariners:
1) Heff's goal against the scum in season 1 minor semi
2) Aloisi's penalty against Adelaide, definitely a special moment when Johnny scored his first goal for the Mariners
3) Sasho against Sydney at SFS
4) Kwas against Wellington round 21
5) Osman at EAS semi season 1

Non_mariners:
1) Cahill vs Japan WC 2006
2) Cahill vs Japan WC 2006 :p
3) Aloisi's penalty against Uruguay
4) McDonald Celtic v Milan last year
5) Nakamura to win the SPL 2007 against Kilmarnock

brett

1. Cahill 2 against Japan
2. Cahill 1 against Japan
3. Bresciano v Uruguay (Johnny's wasn't technically a goal)
4. Ossie's header in the semi away leg
5. Heff's header from a fantastic Browny right-footed cross in Semi Final Home Leg

brett

skilbeck said:
brett said:
3. Bresciano v Uruguay (Johnny's wasn't technically a goal)

Yeah I know but deserves an honorable mention though in my post

True. Another one you mentioned was Kwassy against Wellington - the endorphins really flowed on that one! Probably the best goal that didn't actually change the result at the time.

Atomic

1) JA's 1st goal against scum this Sunday
2) JA's 2nd goal against scum this Sunday
3) JA's 3rd goal against scum this Sunday
4) Matty's 1st ever goal (against scum this Sunday)
5) Viddy's winning goal against scum in GF (a boy can dream can't he???)- his farewell performance

Not neccessarily in that order

bjw

bjw
5) Bresciano vs. Uruguay, Sydney (WCQ, November '05).- What a night
4) Tim Cahills 2nd v Japan- still get goosebumps watching the final 5 minutes
3) Pondeljaks v Melbourne
2) Petrovski vs Sydney round 1
andddd
1) J.A's penalty vs Uraguay.

BAD BULLZ

I ve got some different choices
1 perms aloisi style 5th penalty against cove

2 the goals ade and melbourne scored to secure our premiorship

3 my double againzt tuggerah last yr pissed

4 the whole night vs croatia

5 the 3 against japan that was the most hectic 5mins

dunno bout order tho

Oh and i was pretty stoked when i got one past bolton

MrCelery

1. John Aloisi's penalty v Uruguay (easily the best footballing moment of my life!)
2. the 3 goals v Japan
3. Kewell's equaliser v Croatia
4. Bresciano's goal v Uruguay
5. Schwarzer's 2nd save v Uruguay (simply stunning - counts as a goal dunnit?)

Sorry, no Mariners goals quite match those moments, but any they've scored v the Scum are up there with the best of feelings!

thomas477

5) Griffiths vs CCM Round 20 07/08
4) Griffiths vs CCM Major Semi 07/08
3) Kewell vs Croatia 06
2) Aloisi penalty vs Uruguay 05
1) Cahill's 1st goal vs Japan 06

Sorry about the gols covered eyes :)

BAD BULLZ

U CAN ADD TONIGHTS 3 TO MY LIST I WAS IN TEARS FROM GOAL 1 AND AT NUMBER 2 WAS JUST BOUT BAWLING HAVENT FELT EMOTICIONS LIKE THAT BEFORE

P

Pete

Eggy said:
U CAN ADD TONIGHTS 3 TO MY LIST I WAS IN TEARS FROM GOAL 1 AND AT NUMBER 2 WAS JUST BOUT BAWLING HAVENT FELT EMOTICIONS LIKE THAT BEFORE

You are having an early male menopause Eggy, go see the Dr. and get prescribed some hormone therapy! ;D ;D 

Seriously tho, I do know how you feel mate. I was felled with a migraine yesterday and have had interrupted sleep all week worrying about this match. Obviously I'm very happy with the result and much more relieved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred