• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Those nasty Covites

marinermick

Viduka out of Qatar qualifier
Ray Gatt

MARK Viduka won't be part of the Socceroos squad to play Qatar in a World Cup qualifier next month and his distinguished career as an international player could be over.

While national coach Pim Verbeek will leave the door open to the big striker when he names an extended 30-man squad for the final three qualifiers against Qatar in Doha on June 7, Bahrain in Sydney on June 10 and Japan in Melbourne on June 17, it appears unlikely he will take up the offer.

It is believed Viduka, who is considering his options after Newcastle United was relegated from the English Premier League to The Championship, is not keen to be involved in the Qatar match.

And his international and club future beyond that remains up in the air.

An insider said yesterday he wasn't sure whether Viduka wants to play at all next year.

``He has issues with his weight and I don't know whether he has the burning desire any more,'' he said.

That news comes on top of a suggestion Viduka won't finish his career in the A-League after he confided he is wary of putting himself through the same pain and drama that engulfed John Aloisi last season.

Viduka admitted recently to Perth Glory coach David Mitchell that he had watched with disappointment the developments which saw Aloisi jeered, abused and berated by fans and criticised by the media after failing to produce the goals expected of him in his first season with Sydney FC.

A $2.8million marquee signing, the former Socceroo striker struggled with injury and form and managed just two goals in 16 matches as Sydney missed out on the finals.

A shattered and devastated Aloisi was eventually relegated to the bench amid calls for Sydney to cancel his contract.

Mitchell spoke to Viduka in Newcastle last month and said the striker had mentioned what had happened to his World Cup teammate.

``At the back of his mind is the fact that so much would be expected of him and if he did not produce he would cop the same treatment as John.''

He said he would not be surprised if Viduka stayed with Newcastle to try to help it get back to the Premier League.

``I know a few of the coaches there and they have a huge regard for Mark ... they believe he has been one of the best players to come to the club,'' Mitchell said.

``I don't think he'll come back to Australia to play.''

Arabmariner

At least Aloisi had the balls to fight it out and not give up.

Can you imagine that fat c**t in the same situation ?

Ted

hahaha, man that is a poor excuse IMHO. So what if a player has a bad year? Big deal, grow thicker skin and put in a better effort the next season. JA deserved the flack he copped as he big noted himself to his 'new club' while baging his old. Come, play and be humble and not big headed and ye shall be okie dokie!

Ted

Arabmariner said:
At least Aloi$i had the balls to fight it out and not give up.

Tissues?

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Arabmariner said:

Nope, when he finishes playing in England, he'll probably take his squillions and retire to Croatia

dibo

Arabmariner said:

True enough, and fair play to him for that (even if he *is* a two-faced money grubbing bastard).

clarence

I bet Viduka got more abuse when he was wasn't playing well at Leeds or Newcastle or any other club in Europe. What about the torrid time he had in Croatia? I seem to recall him being in the doldrums about the way he was treated there, and bloody happy to get the hell out of there and play in England.

Using Aloisi's situation as a poor excuse for sure.

Maybe Mitchell also played him footage of Jardel and Brian Deans and showed him what sort of jeering and humiliation will happen if you are an old, fat, out of form striker who is trying to cash in on his name and past glories?

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
clarence said:
I bet Viduka got more abuse when he was wasn't playing well at Leeds or Newcastle or any other club in Europe. What about the torrid time he had in Croatia? I seem to recall him being in the doldrums about the way he was treated there, and bloody happy to get the hell out of there and play in England.

Using Aloi$i's situation as a poor excuse for sure.

Maybe Mitchell also played him footage of Jardel and Brian Deans and showed him what sort of jeering and humiliation will happen if you are an old, fat, out of form striker who is trying to cash in on his name and past glories?
Something like this?

♫ WARNING  ♫  WARNING ♫  WARNING ♫

For any Charlie Miller Fans, THIS MAY OFFEND SOME PEOPLE. DON'T CLICK ON LINK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.  LOOK AWAY NOW ! !

http://www.tetra-media.com/tetramedia/cal/jaz_stuff/charlie_miller.jpg

clarence

Jazzie said:
clarence said:

Using Aloi$i's situation as a poor excuse for sure.

Something like this?

♫ WARNING  ♫  WARNING ♫  WARNING ♫

For any Charlie Miller Fans, THIS MAY OFFEND SOME PEOPLE. DON'T CLICK ON LINK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.  LOOK AWAY NOW ! !

http://www.tetra-media.com/tetramedia/cal/jaz_stuff/charlie_miller.jpg

That photo is a mock up Jazzie.

I'm sure the photo on the right is of Mark Viduka on the massage bench at Newcastle, waiting for treatment! ;D

I think this is Mark Viduka trying to get into his car......  ;)
[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7KsXwO6Ymw&feature=related[/flash]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred