• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

They drink, they jaywalk, they kick a round ball

nero

Check out this article from Peter 'tosser' FitzSimons. What a LAMO! It just cracks me up. Jay walking on the Gold Coast. LOL  :vhappy:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/they-drink-they-jaywalk-they-kick-a-round-ball/2008/02/08/1202234165181.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

They will attack football from any angle.

I noticed no mention of the Socceroos in his article. What a negative, narrow minded tool.

skilbeck

Jaywalking?......Oh please if Fitzy is gonna pin something on football at least come up with something proper. and with regard to Tarka, thats probably the 3rd or 4th drinking related offense amongst footballers in the last couple of years in contrast with all the other codes that seem to have a new one every week

bjw

bjw
oh yes, a  $30 fine is much worse then Wayne Carrey attacking his girlfriend
and of course, its much much worse then when the bulldogs physically assulated and may have even raped a girl

What a f**king twat

Jorome Alexander Bennett

I liked this article. I really believe that he is illustrating how good our blokes are. If it was written by anyone other than Fitzy, you would agree that it is a satirical finger wag at football. He has dug up the real dirt on footballers and come up with jaywalking and drinking too much. A great reflection on the behaviour of our lads if this is how bad it gets.

I wouldn't expect it from many Australian sports journalists, but I feel that Fitzy has written a clever article putting our code in a positive light while not ignoring the problems, however small they are.

S

soccersensei

ha, you do him too much credit, its a pathetic attempt at seeking to place an article at a time deemed to be most receptive after the "irresponsible funding cuts". As was said completely lame.
Hilarious even.

rosko

They really clutching at straws aren't they.. Lets not mention the filth that the 'Tahs players got up to in South Africa in there.. The FFA will be on to Perth now for bringing the game into disrepute.. I guess we should be thanking Fitzy for showing the kids of this country that 'real football' players can be real people, just like their parents, without the rubbish that the other codes have had to bury....

skilbeck

Yeah we need to put an end to these jaywalking footballers. If things continue the way they are itll be complete anarchy and bring the game into disrepute

Atomic

For all you guys that haven't realised that Fitzy has his tongue firmly planted in his cheek... WAKE UP! Don't be so thin-skinned. The guy is joking! If anything, he is taking pot shots at the other codes through his sarcasm.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Yeah, that's the point of the article, I believe. Other codes' 'professionals' partake in deprave acts on women, weekly. Ours jaywalk.

I thank Fitzy for this juxtaposition that illustrates how professional the culture surrounding our game at the highest level is and reminds me of how perverse other can be.

As a side note, how can rugby league be supported by families? If families are reluctant to sit near the marinators because we swear then what is going through the minds of families that idolise rapists? Maybe I'm over exaggerating the situation or sensationalising the issue? But I truly feel that there should of been more reaction from fans of rugby league because of the gravity and oft occurence of what I feel to be totally reprehensible crimes.

Omni

Atomic said:
For all you guys that haven't realised that Fitzy has his tongue firmly planted in his cheek... WAKE UP! Don't be so thin-skinned. The guy is joking! If anything, he is taking pot shots at the other codes through his sarcasm.

EXACTLY... Everyone takes this man FAR too seriously, he's NOT a journalist, he's a satirist!

rosko

Fitzy is great value to watch on 'The Back Page'. He has an amazing knowledge of all sports, obviously his profession. Still he is funny to watch.  :piralaugh:

S

soccersensei

Atomic said:

All just a clever sarcastic joke, terrific, I'm glad to be wrong... though that said I doubt too many average joe Australians, let alone supporters from other codes will not also mistake it's intention especially with assholes like Jones already firing off at "sokka". So yes Atomic, I'm "awake" now, but to be fair to everyone who posted their dismay or disapproval, for the record it's not about having a thin bloody skin, it's a misinterpretation pretty easily made by those without any prior "Fitzy" knowledge especially as the thread was started by taking for granted that it was a negative article. I'd personally thought the article was taking the piss UNTIL there was the "Glory's official response lines" this threw me.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
heres a thought....punt that idiot harper and replace him with Fitzy....He makes more sense than harper ever could and if were lucky  Slater will get mouthy and fitzy will flashback and see a french forward sitting next to him and job the loudmouth.....

:thumbup: :thumbup: :piralaugh:

adz

Staff member
soccersensei said:
I'd personally thought the article was taking the piss UNTIL there was the "Glory's official response lines" this threw me.

Yeah same here. It's hard to know what to make of that article really. He is basically saying - hey look at what League and AFL players get away with, and then SOKKAH is making a big deal over JAYWALKING of all things?!

Maybe if RL and AFL took a stand like that over the small issues we wouldn't see all the bar brawls, gang rapes, drug abuse, etc, etc. An example of this is when Rudy Giuliani cleaned up New York he started out with cracking down on JAYWALKING.

Giulianis approach to crime, which lowered the rate by 60 percent, is known as the broken window concept: One broken window in a building leads to more. So, if a neighborhood is willing to tolerate graffiti, jaywalking, beer drinking on stoops, turnstile jumpers, etc., then murder, crack dealing, robbery and other, more serious crimes will ensue.

Does that sound a bit familiar? So, maybe by cracking down on these minor issues we won't get into the situation that RL and AFL is in currently?

Head out of arse please "Fitzy".

P

Pete

Shhhhh. Don't mention O'Grady to FitzSimons, and everything will be alright. :-[

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred