• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Storm of 2015

midfielder

We lost power at Horsfield Bay about 11:00 on Monday night ... still not on I pray its on when I get home tonight... a warm shower and a working heater would be welcome as well... not to mention a stove and being able to use the kettle.

At the end of our close a tree has fallen over and taken a chunk of the close with it ... meaning poor old Middy can not drive his car to the house and has to walk in the rain a couple of houses...

The reserve out the back of our house was over run by Brisbane waters and I wonder aloud if the salt water will kill all the grass ... by heavens its left a lot of weed and silt as well...

Had to drive back to Sydney yesterday as Ettalong was without power and wi fi for most of the day as well...thank heavens its got power today...

Met a bloke and everyone was swapping stories at a local greasy spoon [getting and egg and bacon roll for Breaky] this bloke was beside himself has four kids [11 to 17] two boys two girls with no TV, no Net and their phones had died ... went looking for some old board games and all he could find was a pack of cards ... lasted not long as the kids kept fighting and complaining about dinner...

Anyone else got some good storm stories ... BTW at Ettalong there is a very expensive looking yacht beached must have dragged its anchor ...

Last edited:

nearlyyellow

Some people we know live on a semi rural property out Mt. Vincent way (past Freemans Waterhole) and they had to throw out all their cold storage food, no power yet. They don't expect the power on for at least a week, live on a dirt road and all that. Luck for them they have a motorhome with genny etc. and that's where they are living atm. Like being on a holiday when you're not. :-| I sympathise for those who have lost basic amenities. We haven't, just lucky I guess. :-|

midfielder

FFS fate the part of the Bays I live has say 100 houses every other part of the Bays has power now .... Biki Girl is this your fault (we live in the same area) did you upset someone

I can see lights shinning off the water, the shower is cold, my shirt needs ironing for work,I want a cup of tea .. off to bed ... phone is down to 10%.

nearlyyellow

FFS fate the part of the Bays I live has say 100 houses every other part of the Bays has power now .... Biki Girl is this your fault (we live in the same area) did you upset someone

I can see lights shinning off the water, the shower is cold, my shirt needs ironing for work,I want a cup of tea .. off to bed ... phone is down to 10%.
Life wasn't meant to be easy Middy. Gas hot water not working? No gas cooktop? Hmm, the perils of an all electric home. :(

nearlyyellow

Just speaking to someone from Berkley vale. They have had no power since Sunday night. Lucky he had a genny and is able to keep his fridge and freezer going. But that's all he can do.

Big Al

1am Tuesday morning lost power, got it back at 1pm then lost it again 3hrs later. Still out and no sign of ausgrid. At Wyoming
Our house has no manual override on the auto garage door so unscrewed the arm so could get the car out.
We have gas cooktop so soup and pasta by candle light.
Went to Gosford leagues to charge the phones.
Went for a drive up to Terigal Avoca and the like and the whole area is a mess. You can see why taking so long.
After that have gone to Crowne plaza for weekend as just over it and can see they don't have the crews to get it fixed anytime soon.
Have been listening to the wireless and they all over it for day 1 now lead story is a shooting in western Syd. They think cause most shopping centres are open its all over. Ausgrid been dodging the questions and now we hear bugger all except we prioritising main exchange and residents can wait. Frustration is growing.
Went down to Gosford waterfront and you can see a few boats washed up over tascott way.
Did you see pic of boat next to road at Tascott?

I am so desperate for power I suggested going to the mother in laws. Lucky the wife is still sane and said the Crowne plaza

dibo

You can't half tell the power's back on in a bunch of areas, this place is back to life again!

Big Al

:D
Everything else you said, you're doing it tough too. :(

Just got a quote yesterday for a new garage door and that was one of the things I specified.
Yeah i think they pretty standard on new doors but definitely a requirement especially on the coast if you in a dodgy power area.
Feeling a bit refreshed but not looking forward to going back to the dark if power still out which I think it is.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The traffic lights within spitting distance, at CCH and Mann Street were out for over 24 hrs...AND no prangs, cudos coasties that were driving around in that insanity

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami