• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

Pirate Pete

Given what Anton said at the forum when talking about Glassrock.
Something along the lines of needing a "big ugly" centre back I would have thought we'd be signing someone else.
Can't see anyone big or ugly enough at the club yet, unless Staj didn't agree, but he didn't say so at the time.
I'm sure a keeper will turn up soon too.

style_cafe

I agree, seems to have clicked and from what I've seen so far. Staj seems like a straight shooter with more rigour and professional experience than the coaches of the last few years, the proof will be in the pudding though but I like what I see so far. He hit the nail on the head in that interview, we've heard it all before and the numerous Fb posts saying people won't renew until they see proof of improvement is testament to that. (although I already renewed based on what I've seen to date).

No one seems to have mentioned it much, I thought the big young fella at CB from the youth team, Miller, was very impressive in the friendly against Manly, I'd like to see him given a chance....

Welcome to the forum Dobbie.
Good first post.
I think Staj has the wood on the last few turkeys,I`ve never heard of the players having soreness before.
I just hope it`s not because they fell so far behind on fitness in the off season

Pirate Pete

Welcome to the forum Dobbie.
Good first post.
I think Staj has the wood on the last few turkeys,I`ve never heard of the players having soreness before.
I just hope it`s not because they fell so far behind on fitness in the off season

No, I'm sure Hoole reported having a sore head a few times.
nahrung004.gif

FFC Mariner

No, I'm sure Hoole reported having a sore head a few times.
nahrung004.gif
I suspect it is whingeing from some of the snowflakes who were used to allegdly training 3 or 4 hours a week last season - we didnt collapse in the last 10 or 15 minutes for no reason - it was because they were completely unfit.
If Staj is flogging them - great.
If you cant be as good, be fitter

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I suspect it is whingeing from some of the snowflakes who were used to allegdly training 3 or 4 hours a week last season - we didnt collapse in the last 10 or 15 minutes for no reason - it was because they were completely unfit.
If Staj is flogging them - great.
If you cant be as good, be fitter
Wasn't this literally our approach in the first season? Knowing we wouldn't attract the big names of some of the glamour clubs, we went out to be the fittest club on the park?
Although it's probably much harder to be able to do that now - for all the talk about how much more money clubs like MV, SFC, MCY, WSW have to spend on players - I'd also hate to think how much more than us they're able to spend on support staff and technology to help with fitness

Pirate Pete

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/stajcics-vitally-important-message-528868

Central Coast Mariners play Maitland tomorrow night in the FFA Cup Round of 32. And if you don't think it's an important match, you are sorely mistaken.
It sounds like the biggest match in Central Coast Mariners' history.

The four-time Grand Finalists have been part of some of football's greatest moments on Australian soil, but few might be aware that tomorrow night's Cup tie against Maitland FC is one of their biggest.

SuperHans

I wouldn`t mind Alanna Kennedy at the back for us though...:popcorn:

Welcome aboard the forum too mate . I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :overheadl:
Yep, she'd be good, but the FFA may require Staj not to approach within 100m of her, bit tricky if they are both on the bench :)
Thanks SC, I AM having fun

style_cafe

Yep, she'd be good, but the FFA may require Staj not to approach within 100m of her, bit tricky if they are both on the bench :)
Thanks SC, I AM having fun

Staj has actually known Alanna Kennedy since about 2002 and is also friends with hers parents.
He used to coach her brother Daniel,along with Matt Thompson`s brother Mitch.
I know your comment is tongue in cheek but the FFA can go FFF themselves on Staj`s sacking...:popcorn:

true believer

It says a lot about Staj`s integrity in that he hasn`t openly "aired his dirty laundry in public".
Personally I like the man and so far he`s done everything right.
I can`t wait `til the season begins...:popcorn:
i think the shambolic state of the matildas , at the world cup . shows what a cluster f'k
his removal was . the incompetence lays squarely with the FFA .
we have the best coach in the league i have no doubt

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami