• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Smurfs are in Town aka Round 18 vs SFC

Ozhammer

Somewhat surprised that nobody has started a game day thread as yet, so I will put my hand up again this week.

The boys really need to play better than they did in Launnie last time out and hopefully Staj won’t have another attempt at inverting our wide mids, as they was an abject failure imho. A lot may hinge on whether DDS is fit enough to play but I fear he may not, so my argument would be that Nizzy comes in on the right with Casella on the left, if for no other reason then to give the guy some more minutes and let Bouman know that he isn’t guaranteed a starting spot every week.

RT being out is a concern but there would be many of us looking forward to Dan Hall getting a start, although people will have to acknowledge that he has had very little football for several months, so let’s all give him some latitude.

It is vital that we start well tomorrow and don’t allow a very ordinary Sydney side to boss us on our own turf. I will personally struggle to get to the game for kick off, given that my own game won’t finish until 15.50, so to Bosnich and his sycophants calling for the AL to move to winter personally my answer is get nicked. :mad:

Tevor

RT not playing will be interesting, I'm not convinced Staj will start Hall as a direct replacement whilst it seems a simple replace a CB with CB I just have a feeling he will do something unusual like move Olli back. Time will tell and I wish he had given Hall more than about 15mins so far this season. DDS showed how important he is to the team this season so I hope he is back as covering RT is enough of a concern.

Smurfs haven't been spectacular this season however Bratten is having a great season and lets hope Barbarouses keeps up his poor conversion rate. If RT was playing I feel he would have Bobo's measure as Bobo is looking a lot slower and not as sharp as we remember. Huge game for Kye this one.

They will be pumped after we shocked them last start, Grant missing is a lot of work they will miss in the mids and in defence so we need to have our shooting boots on and take the chances when they come.

Can't wait and only one more sleep.

Pirate Pete

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 3.Lewis MILLER, 4.Joshua NISBET, 5.Stefan NIGRO, 6.Gianni STENSNESS, 8.Oliver BOZANIC (c), 10.Daniel DESILVA, 11.Jack CLISBY, 12.Marcos UREÑA, 14.Daniel BOUMAN, 15.Kye ROWLES, 19.Matt SIMON, 20.Adam PEARCE (gk), 22.Michal JANOTA, 23.Dan HALL, 25.Matthew HATCH, 26.Jaden CASELLA, 29.Alou KUOL, 30.Jordan SMYLIE

**1-3 to be omitted**

Ins: 2.Lewis MILLER (Promoted), 10.Daniel DESILVA (Return from Injury)

Outs: 21.Ruon TONGYIK (Suspension)

Unavailable: Nil

Match Details |

Saturday, 24 April 2021

Central Coast Mariners v Sydney FC

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Kick-Off:
5:05pm (Local)(5:05pm (AEST))

Referee: Chris Beath

Assistant Referee 1: Anton Shchetinin

Assistant Referee 2: Ashley Beecham

Fourth Official: Adam Kersey

VAR: Kate Jacewicz

booney

Shut down Brattan ( not easy) and this stops the flow of the ball to Ninkovic,Caceres and Baumjohann and also makes it difficult for the long ball to Barbarousses and Bobo. Probably Nisbet needed for this job .Ollie back to CB and Ballard to work with Stens.Hall and Miller very inexperienced at this level.

booney

Ballard not in squad so maybe Hall though this is a big call -however Ollie behind him and Stens beside him will help.Janota has not the steel to be playing as a DM .

scottmac

Suspended
Has to be Hall. He's been the only defence on the bench for most of the year so you'd think he was first in, in the case of injury. There hasn't been a young guy who's come into the team that has been overawed so I reckon he'll do alright. Has a bit of pace too doesn't he? More so than the others?

FFC Mariner

What a baptism of fire for Dan Hall - not expecting him to be MoM but what an opportunity for the kid. I will be spending 90 mins watching him.
As for SFC? They are the original rivals, most longer term fans hate them far more than that lot up the road.
Salary cap cheating in S1 (let off by FFA) poaching all our good players (and coaches) . The 5-4 and Heff's leg.
I have so many SFC supporting mates and work colleagues but that all flies out the window when the whistle blows.
We need to pack the midfield (Ollie, Niz and Stens) and hold them out for 70 minutes the unleash Kuol on their ageing back line. Wilko is a great player but doesnt have that pace he used to
If Simon scores will he run over to the Cove again (no, we havent forgotten)

onto it

As for SFC? They are the original rivals, most longer term fans hate them far more than that lot up the road.
Salary cap cheating in S1 (let off by FFA) poaching all our good players (and coaches) . ...... etc
Huh, that's just the start of it. It's not to mention the blocking of development of any other teams in Sydney (thereby blocking A-League growth) for the first five years of SFC's existence, by the controllers of the A-League, who just happened to also be jew owners of SFC - no conflict of interest there... (or you couldn't go more lowy than that).
They are the original, and forever scum. Let's flog 'em.

Forum Phoenix

What a baptism of fire for Dan Hall - not expecting him to be MoM but what an opportunity for the kid. I will be spending 90 mins watching him.
Salary cap cheating in S1 (let off by FFA) poaching all our good players (and coaches) . The 5-4 and Heff's leg.
I have so many SFC supporting mates and work colleagues but that all flies out the window when the whistle blows.
We need to pack the midfield (Ollie, Niz and Stens) and hold them out for 70 minutes the unleash Kuol on their ageing back line. Wilko is a great player but doesnt have that pace he used to
If Simon scores will he run over to the Cove again (no, we havent forgotten)

Love this post. Nodding like a loon.

Wombat

So, could we see Miller in the middle of defence?
I know everybody is thinking it'll be Hall.
But am I correct in thinking Miller is actually a centre back?
And he has already played this season.
Too big a game to throw Hall in?
He had a stinker in the one game he played and was banished to Yoof. Hall should start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami