• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Problem With Perth Glory

If proven, what penalties should apply?

• Total voters

nearlyyellow

It seems that they have been rorting the salary cap rules quite comprehensively, maybe over "past years". They have not declared car usage, accommodation, agent's fees, to name just a few mentioned in Dom Bossi's latest article at: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...-over-salary-cap-records-20141217-1295pw.html

It's obvious that some Admin. smart arse at PG decided a few years ago to work out what they could bury off the record in player incentives. And that doesn't take into account the moral questionability of transferring players to "marquee" status when it became apparent that they were going to breach.

Shades of Melbourne Storm in the NRL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Storm_salary_cap_breach which coincidentally was under David Gallop's reign in the NRL. That was a breach that occurred over a 5 year period before it was disclosed.

I'm bloody outraged at this, if true. It puts in question PG's position at the top of the ladder. We should bear in mind though that cheating by club officials, if true, should not reflect on the players abilities and their playing skills in the current HAL

nearlyyellow

It's going to happen ..

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...ague-salary-cap-breaches-20150212-13da70.html

"Perth Glory are facing the prospect of disciplinary sanctions including possible fines and points deductions pending the outcome of audits into the club's accounts relating to allegations it failed to report payments and benefits from 2012 to 2015."

"On Thursday, the FFA confirmed it is ramping up its investigation of Perth Glory's finances and is set to begin a forensic audit of the club's accounts as part of its inquiry into salary cap discrepancies. A team of auditors and senior staff members will travel to Perth next week to commence the next stage of their investigation into the salary cap saga."

nearlyyellow

Hmmm, yeah. More to come. smh.com.au Dom Bossi writing:

Perth Glory issued with second show-cause notice for A-League salary cap breach

"Perth Glory's hopes of a first A-League title may be dashed after Football Federation Australia issued the club a second show-cause notice for a serious breach of the salary cap. "

" .. Perth facing the prospect of heavy fines and a possible points deduction should they be found guilty of systematically cheating the cap."

Fools.

nearlyyellow

This is pretty serious stuff because: "The first Show Cause noticed issued on 12 February this year related to failure to disclose benefits to players relating to accommodation costs, provision of motor vehicles and the payment of agents’ fees for the 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15 Hyundai A-League seasons."

That initial investigation happened because of the story exclusively published by Fairfax Media.

Now, after the forensic audit has been conducted, further breaches have been uncovered: “The second notice is in relation to the current season. The alleged breaches involve failure to disclose reportable payments and exceeding the salary cap,’’ the statement said.

“The “failure to disclose” breaches involve: Payments outside of the Standard Player Contract, Payments to a player’s family member; Payments of player agents’ fees; Payment of a third party sponsorship; Pre-payment to a player; Payment of travel costs; Accommodation allowances and Provision of motor vehicles."

The cheating has shown to be systemic over the last 3 years, and whoever put it in place and whoever sanctioned it should be out of a job. The club alone, if penalised by the FFA, should ensure that the cheaters are drummed out. :soapbox:

Gratis

i was actually hoping that they wouldn't be guilty - i would rather the roar have missed the finals along with us and wsw but they've been given a free ride and bragging rights they haven't earned.
that said i'd have taken it if it were us!

nearlyyellow

And the fans/supporters should make it known to Tony Sage that from the top down all those who are complicit in this cheating be dismissed ASAP.

nearlyyellow

And I would also say that surely, surely, any player who is receiving an "under the carpet" payment must know that it is being done outside of the salary cap and therefore that player is just as complicit in the cheating. Just sayin' .

nearlyyellow

Dropped to 7th and fined.
Like Melbourne Storm in the NRL was they should cop the fine AND be excluded from the competition results completely imo.

I know, I know, I've been banging on about it a bit, but imo no penalty is tough enough for dishonestly breaching the salary cap system in this league.

nearlyyellow

Mark Bosnich, mate, I mean, you're having a lend, aren't you? Suggesting on Fox Sports that a fine should be enough and comparing the penalty to SFC shows very little grasp of the differing facts between the two breaches. He should read up a bit on SFC's breaches and then compare PG's breaches which are over 3 years, blatant, premeditated and sanctioned at the highest club levels. Pfffttt, call yourself a sports journo? Not a bar of it.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

When everybody knows that Glory should be fully disqualified from the competition but they refuse to because of betting agencies....well, it's not a good sign when betting agencies are dictating competition results. So much for integrity.

Real kick in the teeth to teams like ours who will end up below a recorded cheat team on the table.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami