• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

pjennings

Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler pulls out of Newcastle Jets race

“After much thought, I am withdrawing my name from consideration for the Newcastle Jets job,” Fowler told The Weekend Australian. “It’s well known that I would love the opportunity to manage in the A-League, but at this present time I feel the club’s aspirations are well below my own.”

It is understood Fowler was on a shortlist of candidates for the job despite his lack of coaching experience, which was seen as a drawback in some quarters.

Jets officials are believed to be looking at an experienced hand, with former Melbourne Victory and Wellington Phoenix boss Ernie Merrick the frontrunner to replace Jones.

While Fowler has never coached at senior level, he played two seasons in the A-League, with North Queensland Fury (2009-10) and Perth Glory (2010-11), and knows the Australian game well.

He had a well credentialed English coach with vast experience in the English Premier League lined up to be by his side had he been given the opportunity at the Jets.

While it is understandable that it would have been seen as a gamble for the Jets to take on the untried Fowler, the club is missing out on a chance to bring something exciting to the table.

Fowler would have drawn much media interest and expanded the club’s corporate reach. He also had the ability to facilitate key foreign player signings through his contacts.

The Jets are expected to make a decision on the coaching position within the next two weeks. They hope to have the new man in place before the players take annual leave early next month.

A two-time A-League championship-winning coach, Merrick is viewed as someone who can start the rebuilding phase at Newcastle and turn their fortunes around.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/liverpool-legend-robbie-fowler-pulls-out-of-newcastle-jets-race/news-story/e2ae59d29b74dd56e0c54a66054a5618

MrCelery

Wooden%20Spoon%20Award_1.jpg

Big Al

Thats the name of the awards night, no gag there

Julie Dolan is the female rep
And Jonny Warren the Male to give the Dolan Warren award night.

Think we are only code to include woman as part of the official awards night, not a second night, maybe cricket do as well but the awards night doesn't have a woman as part of the name of the night

The gag is there is no OFFICIAL awarding of the spoon but an edit has been made to give them one on that picture

MrCelery

They've already made some smart signings - Roy and Georgevski from Victory. Could be a good season for them unless they implode as usual.

Big Al

good news for us

(mixed bag - i like Ernie, and think he is decent, but not great)
I think the league has moved past him much like the players who played at the start. He really struggled at Nix with some quality players.

Krishna was good under him so maybe Roy will be good under him as well

Wombat

I think Merrick is a smart signing. He will bond a strong unit up there. Their 2 player signings are both excellent. Hopefully they buy some rubbish like Fitzgerald.
I hope you are right Big Al but I fear not.

pjennings

The scum have 14 signed including 3 visa players and zero goalkeepers. They are also committed to a Chilean visa player and a Chinese visa player so the choices for marquees are constrained by the owners choices..

That means they have 7 Australian spots to fill including at least 2 keepers. I cannot see them turning around enough to make top 6.

Big Al

The scum have 14 signed including 3 visa players and zero goalkeepers. They are also committed to a Chilean visa player and a Chinese visa player so the choices for marquees are constrained by the owners choices..

That means they have 7 Australian spots to fill including at least 2 keepers. I cannot see them turning around enough to make top 6.
They aren't committed to the chilean for this season, they said wouldn't even be possible till January and then if a spot was available. So don't bank on them getting one. Bit like our Everton connection

The Chinese yes,

So will get a chinese player and probably a marquee from what I've been reading.

rbakersmith

Ernie's not wasting his time with the broom:

Merrick, who was appointed as the club’s new head coach on Tuesday, has run an eye over the A-League squad with Lawrie McKinna and football operations manager Joel Griffiths.

The result is that versatile midfielder Ben Kantarovski is the only man left standing out of 10 players coming off contract, although teenage striker Kristian Brymora has been offered a scholarship.

It is understood popular striker Labinot Haliti may be offered an off-field role with the club, but local product Andrew Hoole, defender Daniel Mullen, visa player Mateo Poljak, Danish striker Morten Nordstrand, back-up keeper Tomislav Arcaba and Chinese attacker Ma Leilei will not return.

Goalkeeper Ben Kennedy, on the comeback trail from a ruptured Achilles, agreed to terms with the Central Coast Mariners in March, but that deal has not yet been finalised.

Neither towering young Queensland striker Harry Sawyer, who has reached the end of his scholarship deal, nor former Adelaide NPL player Joel Allwright, who is on a short-term contract, are in the club’s plans for next season'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred