• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Middle East Thread

skilbeck

serious14 said:
Before I state the obvious, I only wish the French Union of Islamic Organisations would call the Armenian genocide a genocide it doesn't have the courage to do so, does it, because that would be offensive to the Turks and, well, the million and a half Armenians massacred in 1915 happened to be, er, Christians.

Mind you, that didn't stop George Bush from dropping the word from his vocabulary lest he, too, should offend the Turkish generals whose airbases America needs for its continuing campaign in Iraq. And even Israel doesn't use the word "genocide" about the Armenians lest it loses its only Muslim ally in the Middle East. Strange, isn't it? When there's a real genocide – of Armenians – we don't like to use the word. But when there is no genocide, everyone wants to get in on the act.

For a group of people trying to recieve compassion for their own plight this is a low, low act. same for Worldwide Islamic Organisations and groups. If they are trying to recieve compassion for the plight of palestinians or other groups of repressed muslims in the world they should recognise the Armenian, Assyrian and Pontian Greek Genocides. as tbf the only reason people know about the Armenian Genocide is due to them having a country for the descendants of people affected by the homeland as well as a large and lively diaspora and they can push that it happened on a worldwide scale. Assyrian Christians dont have a nation and no one has really spoken for them and Pontian Greeks only represent a small minority of the Greek Populace and lost fewer numbers in the turkish genocides and their government arent pressing hard for other countries to recognise it

I guess it only comes down to the fact that westerners will only help westerners and muslims will only help muslims

serious14

Looking to spend a couple of days in Dubai/Abu Dhabi on route to Manchester in July.

_Anyone_ been there (UAE) before??

loyalist

jew-bwa-ha-ha.gif

serious14

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/02/03/iran.satellite/index.html

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iran's president has hailed the launch of its first satellite into orbit as a "source of pride" for the Islamic republic, according to state-run news outlets.

The United States has confirmed that Iran launched a low-earth orbit satellite on Monday night, two U.S. officials told CNN's Barbara Starr. There were no indications of any weapons activity on the two-stage rocket, although the rocket is capable of launching long-range weapons, the officials said.

"I wouldn't think of this in terms of highly advanced technology," one U.S. official said. But it does raise questions about the improving reliability of Iran's two-stage rockets.

The reported launch of the satellite Omid, which means Hope, on Monday night was timed to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the victory of the Islamic revolution, according to Iranian media reports.

Iran said the satellite had already completed its first mission -- to transmit a message from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who spoke at the launching ceremony Monday night.

In his message, Ahmadinejad congratulated Iran and said the successful launch improved Iran's status in the world, the Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

He stressed that both the satellite and the Safir rocket used to launch it were made entirely by Iranian technicians.

The Omid intended to test telecommunications equipment, state TV said, adding that it was "another achievement for Iranian scientists under sanctions."

Iranian Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammad Najjar said that despite the small size of the Omid satellite, it will open the way for an Iranian space program. He said Tehran plans to launch another satellite in the future.

In August, Iran performed a test of a rocket capable of launching a satellite into orbit. Iranian officials declared that mission a success, but U.S. officials disputed that.

Senior U.S. officials had expressed concerned about the test of the rocket, saying Iran could use the rocket to deliver warheads, something that Tehran denies.

Monday's launch comes a day before a meeting by Western powers on Iran in Frankfurt, Reuters.com reported.

Envoys from the United States, Russia, Britain, France, Germany and China are due to meet on Wednesday to discuss Iran's nuclear program.

The reported satellite launch may irritate U.S. President Barack Obama, who has said he sees Iran as a threat but wants direct talks with its leaders.

However his administration has warned Iran to expect more pressure if it does not meet the U.N. Security Council demand to halt uranium enrichment.

Last week at the World Economic Forum Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said Tehran stood ready to work with President Obama to establish better relations with Washington.

bulldogmariner

serious14 said:
Looking to spend a couple of days in Dubai/Abu Dhabi on route to Manchester in July.

been to the airport in abu dhabi which is very nice. Seems like a very nice place but their is a lot of sand

W

Wilson

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread433200/pg1

A new video on some of the conflicts in the "Middle East"

W

Wilson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_(AGTR-5)
USS Liberty

loyalist

I hope one day everybody in the middle east will embrace Christianity and accept that Jesus Christ is the son of god.
When that happens then we will be able to move forward as a species

kevrenor

poglavnik said:
I hope one day everybody in the middle east will embrace Christianity and accept that Jesus Christ is the son of god.
We Christians have Hope, but of course it may be that Armageddon and the rapture intervene ...
:headbutt:

W

Wilson

poglavnik said:

May Mod have mercy on your soul!

Kareem

serious14 said:

yer
I went there 2 times
Once on the way to Egypt- stopped over for 3 days and stayed with my uncle
And on the way back from Egypt- stayed for 3-6 hours i think- went to Pizza Hut :D
If u wait a couple of months u can go watch Club World Championship

I am keen to go and support Mariners as they beat Barcelona in the final! :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred