• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

the mariners rang

true believer

i got rung up today about next years membership
i declined to renew . the girl on the end didn't argue

seems like the punters are telling the pikey to go f**k yourself

edit ps i told her what you did to tommy was disgraceful

priorpeter

They’re more often than not young interns with zero experience contacting people for renewals. Go easy on them, none of what’s happening is their fault. If you have feedback you really want to share with the club, Shaun has made his email address known a number of times.

Ps - that’s not targeted at you TB, just a heads up for anyone thinking that giving them an earful is a good idea.

Josho Howe

This time last year l was doing those calls. It's something they get the interns on as around this time it's really the only thing to do. Like Pete said, go easy, anything going on at the club isn't their fault.

true believer

They’re more often than not young interns with zero experience contacting people for renewals. Go easy on them, none of what’s happening is their fault. If you have feedback you really want to share with the club, Shaun has made his email address known a number of times.

Ps - that’s not targeted at you TB, just a heads up for anyone thinking that giving them an earful is a good idea.
i said to her my gripp is with management . yes i didn't rant

edit ps last year i was happy to renew . i face a bragge of abuse for not renewing from the family . but f**k the pikey

JoyfulPenguin

Very much debating whether to renew. My non ticketed membership is basically a donation anyway and I don't even get a hat anymore.

nebakke

I'm out, my gold membership is not being downgraded, it's done and it's not being renewed, I think I have asked it before but, why should I pay to have my Sunday afternoons ruined and to see my club bury itself even further, I'm just not masochistic enough.
My only regret is that there's a theoretical risk that I lose my seat if they do suddenly perform and I decide to re-sign, but it's a small price to pay to try to save my club...
Oh and I'm not yelling at interns over it, they don't deserve that.

Last edited:

Tevor

This time last year l was doing those calls. It's something they get the interns on as around this time it's really the only thing to do. Like Pete said, go easy, anything going on at the club isn't their fault.
Josho, do the interns take notes and provide feedback on why fans decide not to renew? Or is it just marked as a no. Just curious that’s all and totally support not giving them an ear full.

Josho Howe

Josho, do the interns take notes and provide feedback on why fans decide not to renew? Or is it just marked as a no. Just curious that’s all and totally support not giving them an ear full.
Yeah l would take notes firstly before a call get their membership info on a computer in front of me and then make a note if the person was interested or not. A call back or if not, send an e-mail in the future. I much preferred sending e-mails rather than making phone calls.

rbakersmith

Just got the phone call, told the intern that renewing my membership would very much depend on what signings are announced. If they want me to fork out $380+ for a platinum membership and travel over 2 hours each way from Wollongong then there better be some bloody good players picked up.

Apparently the early-bird renewal period won't finish until late July, so I've got a fair while to make up my mind.

true believer

Just got the phone call, told the intern that renewing my membership would very much depend on what signings are announced. If they want me to fork out $380+ for a platinum membership and travel over 2 hours each way from Wollongong then there better be some bloody good players picked up.

Apparently the early-bird renewal period won't finish until late July, so I've got a fair while to make up my mind.
a few players isn't good enough . where is the football manager the club needs ? not another pommy sea gull manager.
the club isn't even close to getting me back.

JoyfulPenguin

If we're not going to be spending beyond the cap is it time for a membership boycott? I want to contribute to the club but blindly giving the club money doesn't seem to have helped. If we're not going to spend to at least make use of a few of the salary cap loopholes such as the Mature Age Rookie allowance or Homegrown allowance ,let alone a marquee, then we're not going to be able to get back to a level that the FFA deems acceptable. Does Charlesworth need to be hit in the hip pocket to realise this is serious?

Ancient Mariner

If we're not going to be spending beyond the cap is it time for a membership boycott? I want to contribute to the club but blindly giving the club money doesn't seem to have helped. If we're not going to spend to at least make use of a few of the salary cap loopholes such as the Mature Age Rookie allowance or Homegrown allowance ,let alone a marquee, then we're not going to be able to get back to a level that the FFA deems acceptable. Does Charlesworth need to be hit in the hip pocket to realise this is serious?
A membership boycott is certainly an effective way to hasten the demise of the Central Coast Mariners.
If you support a club you support it, simple.
Anyone who is threatening to not renew their membership gets zero respect from me.
Not renewing for whatever reason makes it that little bit harder for the Club to pull itself out of the shit.
Passing the buck to Charlesworth is just a way of copping out.
The Club is more than just the owner.
I want supporters like Wombat, Middie and FP beside me in the trenches.
End of rant.

turbo

Anyone who is threatening to not renew their membership gets zero respect from me.
Not renewing for whatever reason makes it that little bit harder for the Club to pull itself out of the shit.

While I agree with your premise it will hurt the club not renewing or not attending is one of the few ways to really be heard. It’s easy to dismiss individuals but hard to ignore data showing year on year falls correlating with poor performance and minimal investment. I think it’s important to note people here aren’t complaining about a bad season here or there, aren’t throwing their toys because we missed the 6. It’s becoming the entrenched laughing stock, whipping boy and meme team that has people shitting on our team and region in general.

As for making it harder to dig themselves out that’s true, but at some point the club is going to take the lead on that. Members and supporters have been clinging to that for a while now and clearly many have given up.

I want the mariners to be around when my kids are old enough to come to the game with me and enjoy it, I’ll keep supporting them and going to games where I can but I don’t think it’s fair to put anyone down for showing the club their feelings in the only way they’ll be heard.

Antlion

I don't blame anyone for holding off on renewing until something that provides confidence happens.

If you can afford it and want to support then sure, do that. But if it's hard - as it is for many families on the coast - to come up with the money then I understand holding off.

We haven't 'just had a few poor years'. Fans feel justifiably betrayed and unvalued. Any business owner here knows they can't expect to treat their customers like that and it not hit the bottom line.
Sure, members are fans not just customers but there must be a limit.

turbo

Also the ones complaining and threatening not to renew aren’t the ones you need to worry about, they at least care enough to make some noise. It’s the ones that stop posting, attending and watching, the ones that just give up. They’ve stopped caring and that’s far worse than being angry.

JoyfulPenguin

A membership boycott is certainly an effective way to hasten the demise of the Central Coast Mariners.
End of rant.
Even if I was to boycott I would still support the club, but just not hand money year on year to Charlesworth to send a message. I am a poor Uni student with a son, I spend 95% of my disposable income on supporting the Mariners, through travel, memberships, tickets, merchandise, Kayo and more. Is Charlesworth investing 95% of his disposable income in us? I highly doubt it.

Ancient Mariner

Clearly, it is an individual's choice, whatever path they take.
If you cannot afford membership, fair enough. If you are a supporter you support as you are able.
However, if you withhold support as a protest, through tough times, or if you disagree with something or if you think your sense of entitlement is upset, you are not helping, especially if you advertise the fact.
All I am saying, is that if you walk away now, as a supporter, you will not get any respect from me, nor will you be able to say, when we next win the championship, I stuck it out through the bad times and stand with those of us who did.

It is just my view on what being a true football club supporter entails.

JoyfulPenguin

End of rant.
I want to know if Charlesworth wants this club to exist as much as I do, because currently I don't think he does. If we do not spend we won't be competitive if we are not competitive next season we will have our licence taken away. The only way I can beg our owner to spend and make us competitive is that it will be less financially viable for him if he doesn't. Isend that message is by saying, if you're not willing to invest to the level I do, then how can I be expected to? I will support this club till it ceases to exist and without investment that will be at the end of next season.

JoyfulPenguin

Clearly, it is an individual's choice, whatever path they take.
If you cannot afford membership, fair enough. If you are a supporter you support as you are able.
However, if you withhold support as a protest, through tough times, or if you disagree with something or if you think your sense of entitlement is upset, you are not helping, especially if you advertise the fact.
All I am saying, is that if you walk away now, as a supporter, you will not get any respect from me, nor will you be able to say, when we next win the championship, I stuck it out through the bad times and stand with those of us who did.

It is just my view on what being a true football club supporter entails.
Oh trust me mate I have stuck it out through the bad times, I became a member at the start of Walsmley era. I am not walking away from the club just saying, hey Charlesworth, if you want people to invest then you should too. My only expectation and sense of entitlement is that we need Charlesworth to invest to keep existing, all I want is our club to continue existing and Charlesworth seems happy to send us into a death spiral.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred