• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Grand Final positive thinking thread!

LFCMariners

For those with long enough memories, back in 2008 when we needed to beat the Scum by 3 goals in the second leg to advance to the GF, and someone started a thread in which we were all imagining being at the game and watching the goals get scored with us winning 3-0, what we were singing and how we were feeling. We all know what happened that Saturday night...

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a good vibe going into this Sunday's game. We have nothing to worry about. Nobody gives us a chance. We are well and truly away from home. We are playing the best team in A-League history, on their home turf, in front of more than 40,000 people. I am on the Sydney forum and it is funny some of the people there who can't tell the difference between losing and choking. Some even say it is written in the stars that we will concede a goal in the 60th minute <_< . Apparently losing this weekend would make us bona fide chokers :piralaugh:

Reading the posts of some Smurfs fans on there and listening to all the hype about the Roar, it's been making me think of those Nike History ads during the 2006 World Cup, except this time its' going something like this:

HISTORY (wearing a Roar jersey, sitting in the stands at Mariners training): How can you win the Grand Final, Mariners? The Roar are UNDEFEATED IN OVER 20 GAMES! They have NOT BEEN BEATEN AT HOME ALL SEASON! The Mariners have already lost TWO GRAND FINALS! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SCORED A GOAL IN ONE OF THEM! FACE IT, YOU ARE THE TEAM EVERYBODY WANTS TO PLAY IN THE GRAND FINAL BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER WIN ONE! EVEN THE FURY WOULD BEAT YOU! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

AMINI (to Kwassie): Here, pass the ball!

(Kwassie volleys to Amini, who strikes a blistering cannonball which knocks History right in the guts and flailing off the back of the stand).

WILKO: You see that, History? The kids' only 17 but even he knows history means jack!

(Screen goes yellow with navy writing, saying: 'CCMFC- HISTORY IS NOT REPEATED. IT IS MADE.'

Anyway, that's what's been on my mind since Saturday, so fire away!

timmers

Definitely agree on the chokers point. How are we chokers if we aren't the favourite and lose?

Good feeling for the game though, optimistic and can't wait to kick history in the guts

ExiledMariner

Saturday night? It was a sunday afternoon 3-0 win.

I too feel positive. We have a good record in Brisbane and played brilliant for 45 minutes in the semi. I'll be going and I'm pretty excited.

pommypete

If i were a Roar fan i would be very nervous.
27 games unbeaten, all the while knowing that the defeat is getting closer.
It couldn't possibly happen in the biggest game of their lives......surely not.
CMON Mariners!!!!

typool

i can't see why we shouldn't win, we have a classy outfit.
it's going to be a dogfight of a game
i'm dreaming about the toilet seat around wilko's neck

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred