• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The FINALS thread

Bear

my point is, imo, there is a finals series for a reason, to crown a champion. to then award joint champions, imo, is a farce

under 14 girls or a-league, its the same thing, there is a finals series, there has to be a champion imo

nobody would be happy, after a full season and finals series, if the mariners were crowned joint champions with newcastle after a 0-0 final, and im sure there are girls on both the 14's teams that wont be happy being joint champions either

this is all just my opinion tho, if it was my way there would be NO finals series anyway, but without a champion, its all for nothing

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think it's a fair result - Kariong aren't faced with the unfortunate situation of potentially having the victory taken away from them, and Gosford now don't have to feel like they lost.

That's my view as an outsider; obviously I don't know how the girls are going to feel.  One thing's for sure: there's absolutely no way you can please everybody in a situation like this.

hasbeen

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I think it's a fair result - Kariong aren't faced with the unfortunate situation of potentially having the victory taken away from them, and Gosford now don't have to feel like they lost.

That's my view as an outsider; obviously I don't know how the girls are going to feel.  One thing's for sure: there's absolutely no way you can please everybody in a situation like this.

You could please most by stringing up the officials ...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Punishing those responsible still doesn't change the fact that a shit situation was created, and I'm not sure what - if any - punishment is appropriate, though I bloody well hope the officials have been contacted for the purposes of education - fortunately  efforts have been made over the last few seasons to educate officials who have been known to make significant errors.

Either way it's an internal matter; CCFRI are hardly going to contact all the players with a disciplinary update.

Man I miss the finals, always such an exciting atmosphere (barely reffed this season so no finals for me) - though sometimes the idiocy the officials have to tolerate increases exponentially as well :p

darrensprod

Guys

As the hearing is finished I can now comment.  Firstly let me say on behalf of Central Coast Referees we apologise for this error to both teams and to CCF.  I personally, as chairman of CC Referees, phoned officials from both clubs and extended our apologies and asked them to pass them onto the players, coaches and supporters of both teams.

We have also educated the officials on the game on Sunday. It was this referee's first grand final and first penalty shoot out.  He has aknowledged his mistake.  However this is an error not by him but by our association and is a lesson that CCFRI need to prepare our officials better for this type of situation that only happens once a year. 

We have already identified the gaps in our process and have taken steps to ensure we better educate our referees not only on the laws of the game around Penalty shoot outs but on process and checks to ensure this doesnt happen again. 

Again to the Clubs, Players etc and Local Football Community, our apologies.

Regards
Darren Sprod
Chairman
Central Coast Football Referees inc.

FFC Mariner

Cant ask for more than that really, people screw up. it happens and all you can do is learn from it and move on.

Declaring them both joint Premiers seems a fair and reasonable outcome considering.

finals series are a complete wank IMHO anyway and its league champions that really matters

Ted

FFC Mariner said:
Cant ask for more than that really, people screw up. it happens and all you can do is learn from it and move on.

Declaring them both joint Premiers seems a fair and reasonable outcome considering.

finals series are a complete wank IMHO anyway and its league champions that really matters

Nothing wrong with a good wank  ;)

Forum Phoenix

darrensprod said:
Guys

As the hearing is finished I can now comment.  Firstly let me say on behalf of Central Coast Referees we apologise for this error to both teams and to CCF.  I personally, as chairman of CC Referees, phoned officials from both clubs and extended our apologies and asked them to pass them onto the players, coaches and supporters of both teams.

We have also educated the officials on the game on Sunday. It was this referee's first grand final and first penalty shoot out.  He has aknowledged his mistake.  However this is an error not by him but by our association and is a lesson that CCFRI need to prepare our officials better for this type of situation that only happens once a year. 

We have already identified the gaps in our process and have taken steps to ensure we better educate our referees not only on the laws of the game around Penalty shoot outs but on process and checks to ensure this doesnt happen again. 

Again to the Clubs, Players etc and Local Football Community, our apologies.

Regards
Darren Sprod
Chairman
Central Coast Football Referees inc.

Thank you Darren for your response.
While the event was entirely undesirable, I think CCFR should be commended for its stance and  intention to learn and grow from what has occurred.

I also applaud CCF's decision. As a parent of one player, and a former coach of some others, my personal opinion is that anything else had high potential to create more grief and bad will and is something neither team deserves and that they are well served by being protected from. For any one watching the game, it was played in great spirit and everyone knew there was nothing to truly separate these teams. They deserve their joint premiership. Congratulations to kariong on Gosford for excellent seasons, and a well battled draw in the grand final.

Wombat

Sorry...presuming the tiny kid in the Kariong match was dark....then its Jayde not Kayla. She also is a gun but has only been Central Coast Player of the year 2 out of last three years!!
An absolute joy to coach and freakishly weird that Lightning haven't offered her a spot (as of the beginning of the year) as she is far better than several other Kariong girls who have been training/playing with lightning.
Well done to CCF for fixing up the debarcle and keeping everyone happy.

kanewillow

sump gf pics

9431_280288255122_868860122_8945891_7825722_n.jpg

free kick

9431_280288275122_868860122_8945892_1744367_n.jpg

another free kick

9431_280284745122_868860122_8945869_5573617_n.jpg

the mens AA8 champions

9431_280288245122_868860122_8945890_2193745_n.jpg

goal celebration one

Forum Phoenix

Wombat said:
Sorry...presuming the tiny kid in the Kariong match was dark....then its Jayde not Kayla. She also is a gun but has only been Central Coast Player of the year 2 out of last three years!!
An absolute joy to coach and freakishly weird that Lightning haven't offered her a spot (as of the beginning of the year) as she is far better than several other Kariong girls who have been training/playing with lightning.
Well done to CCF for fixing up the debarcle and keeping everyone happy.

Yeah both are very good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred