• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The ccmfans brainstorming thread

adz

Staff member
We have a few months to plan now so I'm opening this topic up for posting ideas for ccmfans in 2011/12 and beyond.

It's mainly to get ideas for the website, but ALL other ideas are welcome here. Think of other media too, such as facebook, twitter, emails (old school ;)), video, print media, etc, etc.

Just think of it as if we have an unlimited budget and resources, and an access all areas pass to the club... what would you want to see happen? Realistically, we have a budget of $0 with no access to the club, and you may think something is too out there to actually do, but someone on here might find a way to make it happen!

Not every single idea is going to be picked up and ran with, but put your ideas down anyway. If we don't do it then someone else reading this might want to steal some of the better ideas and pass them off as their own!

So.... have fun!

T

Photo comp... many fans take photos of the players at the game etc... orrrrrrrr

Photo caption comp... :D :D Best caption wins the title of funny person for the week ;)

scottmac

Suspended
CCM goal of the year. Candidates get recommended each week, and voting starts after seasons end.

Atomic

I like the photo caption competetion... especially when it's at the expense of our opposition. It could provide some hilarity, and is something that can be done in the off season to entertain us.

Wee-mac

If possible a good idea could be a '5 minutes with .......' ( insert players name) just so as fans we could get to know them a bit better, and get ideas off them of what we as a fan base can improve

dibo

having a club youtube channel would be good. but that's more on the club than us.

Bex

Page summarising all contracted players, the year they're off contract and other relevant info (e.g. whether they're a visa spot etc). Not a postable forum topic, just the facts kept up to date for quick reference.

midfielder

ADZ

When I look at the sites usage .. there is little doubt its way down... new competition like facebook HHMMMMMM not sure if that is realy the reason... people have moved on ... not sure...

However what I am sure of is any business or social media of any kind needs to make up for lost members and to keep connecting with the existing membership...

Me thinks maybe a montly email to all members inviting them to posts and maybe picking a couple of great post that they could look at....

In sorta connection with your other thread about what the site could do .... after some sorting out ... maybe a email to the park clubs committees to have our site put on their park team sites and maybe given a plug....

Finally as far as possible have a abuse free site ... like why would a poster of under say 30 post stay if people started getting in their face..

ExiledMariner

Any help you need let me know. I usually jump onto this site to get a bit of a feel for the atmosphere from those fortunate enough to be able to get to games regularly, so I'll try and get in here a bit more.

I used to be Admin over at CFCnet.co.uk for 5 years before work and family intervened. We came up with some pretty crazy ideas. I'll dig up the old emails and put up the ones I think are most relevant.

adz

Staff member
Sounds good. I was hoping to get a few things going on the site by now, but it has been a pretty hectic second half of the year, I haven't had any time to look at things. Hopefully in the new year the new site can be up and running, and we can look at some other ideas too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami