• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Carver

Redline

Wiki said:
The Carver is a tilting three wheeled vehicle using an automatic balancing technology to balance the passenger compartment under all conditions (turns cool). Its first commercial product, the Carver One, seats two people, and is manufactured and distributed by Carver Europe (formerly named Vandenbrink) in the Netherlands.

It looks to be halfway between a motorcycle and a car, and, like many microcars, the Carver has three wheels and the controls of a normal car. The three wheel Carver One is said to have the comfort, controls and stability of a normal car while showing the dynamic cornering behaviour of a motorcycle. The Carver can be driven by anyone with a normal car driver's license in the European Union, though other countries outside of the EU may not allow this. In most countries the taxation follows the motorcycle guidelines.

The dimensions are 3.4 m (11 ft) long by 1.3 m (4.3 ft) wide by 1.4 m (4.6 ft) high, giving it a low slim profile, similar to a motorcycle. It weighs only 640 kg (1,400 lb), about half the weight of a medium size car or three to four times the weight of most motorcycles. The Carver One can tilt up to 45 degrees while turning. This is not based on how far the wheel is rotated, but on how much cornering force is applied to it.

The Carver has a 660 cc 4-cylinder 16-valve engine with a turbo intercooler giving a power output of 65 bhp (48 kW) at 7,500 rpm and a maximum torque of 100 Nm (74 lbft) at 4,000 rpm. An option is available to upgrade the ECU to give 85 bhp (63 kW) output. The transmission is a 5-speed manual with reverse, and all wheels are equipped with ventilated disk brakes. The front wheel is slightly larger than the rear wheels (at 17" to 15").

The Carver One, as standard, has a top speed of 185 km/h (115 mph). The acceleration of 0-100 km/h in 8.2 seconds (0-60 mph in 8 seconds), is slow compared to most motorcycles and average for a passenger car (a Toyota Camry has a similar acceleration).

The unique property of the Carver One is its automatic balancing "Dynamic Vehicle Control" system, which is said to allow full stability under almost all circumstances. The DVC technology has been developed by Carver Engineering and is currently also offered to third parties. Thanks to this DVC technology its cornering behaviour is said to feel natural and pleasant. This technology has also purportedly been licensed for use in Venture Vehicles of California's VentureOne.[1]

The Carver was reviewed by BBC's Top Gear programme in 2003. Jeremy Clarkson said: "I have to say, absolutely hand on heart, that Ive never had so much fun in a car, really and truthfully, and I dont think Id ever tire of it."

The Carver One is currently being assembled in Germany by AC and was officially launched at the Geneva Motor Show on 7 March 2007.

3 wheels, 2 seats, infinite fun
Top Gear Review it

I just saw the Top Gear episode linked above on SBS tonight...and I have to say, this thing is awesome. Not available in Aus yet, but it IS in NZ. I would buy this if I had the money. Road legal in Europe, and I've seen videos of it on youtube where it has been 'tuned' to be able to do some massive speeds...150km/hr+.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred