• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Talking / Debating / FFA future plans

midfielder

The other day whilst finalizing a analytical report for a client on a non football subject. I think I saw Frank Lowys planning of the A-League. Perhaps it was the wine, maybe the self belief (delusional for sure) that my strategic future planning skills are exceptional or maybe I read it somewhere and it came back to me when I saw the pattern in something else, or I am full of BS, maybe all of the above especially the wine & BS.

Now to what my mind saw, this information comes from a very senior executive at Telstra in there plans for Australia wide phone coverage. Hobart is shrinking and they could not care less if they lost the whole place to another carrier. Adelaide is also shrinking and not worth a huge future investment. Perth is expanding but how far pass the mining boom they are not sure.  Melbourne has recovered and is now in a growth phase, Sydney steady but growing and they can cluster Wollongong, CC, & Newcastle, Brisbane expanding.

Not so big news so far but the next bit was, and the first part of the jig-saw the fastest growing parts of Australia overall are its regional centers, like the Gold Coast, Northern Rivers in NSW (fastest in Australia the report said), CC, Newcastle etc. Also that from Albury to Cairns regional centers will continue to grow for many years, key reasons, climate, life style, often water (northern parts), more jobs moving into these areas. As an aside the general age of the population in these areas will continue to fall.

Second part of the jig-saw, David Gallop (NRL CEO) said the AFLs presentation to the media that the AFL was Australias top rating sport is false. Gallop argued as some of you may know that is only the case if you take a capital city rating, (I.E. Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane), however if you count regional Australia then the NRL comes out on top.

Third part of the jig-saw, a number of articles by many in the AFL that they will not go to Hobart as its a regional center and to small to support a club, and in general regional centers are not large enough to support a AFL team. The NRL have said similar things, but have regional teams.

Four part of the jig-saw is the CCM, the impact we have had for the general support of football.

Fifth part of the jig-saw, that regional NSW from Canberra up, and regional QLD are a fair bit bigger than Perth, Adelaide & Hobart combined.

Sixth part of the jig-saw, never fight an enemy on there battlefield in there conditions. Accordingly do not take on either the AFL or NRL in Melbourne & Sydney, you have to fight but only hold your ground, its not to win, its not to loose.

Seventh timing, on a similar theme to the sixth but time your battle to suit you not your enemy, thus the summer comp were football does not have to enter a trench war for media and crowds.

Eighth  sponsors will pay reasonable shirt fees for the chance to play in the Asia Champions League & Pan Pacific Cup.

Ninth the ever increasing respect for the Socceroos, is having people look at football differently.

Tenth Franks plea to people who enjoy sport to have their traditional code team, but have a football team as well, so you can support Geelong and Victory, Knights & Jets etc

So let me see if I can pull my thoughts together, by moving to the Gold Coast, Townsville, then Wollongong, already having the Central Coast & Newcastle,  & Nixs football will be in regions, thus the fastest growing parts of Australia were the AFL will not enter.

Then the hype the AFL go on with about the capital city rating will become over time meaningless as regional NSW & QLD grow & Adelaide & Hobart continue to fall. Thus it would be reasonable to assume that within 10 years if not already 75% of the AFL support base live within 150 KLs of Melbourne. But also outside the 150 Kl exclusion zone most of Australia will live.

The CCM model used in other regional centers played over summer will get the regions to support football, and although the grounds maybe smaller the hope of getting into the Asian Champions League & Pan Pacific should attract community, government support and have sponsors willing to pay big dollars.

So in summary, my mind said, Frank I see what you are doing you want to capture regional Australia take a holding position in the capital cities, not take on the major codes in any type of head to head war in this early stage, have football through the Socceroos and the two code policy accepted in the capital cities, grow and spread in the capital cities, but be the only code with true Australia wide support pertaining to coverage / ratings for a free to air network next time around. 

Over to you guys was it the wine and BS combined or do I have it partly right.

FFC Mariner

The key is a truly national comp.

When we have that, sponsorship $$ follows from multinationals that sponsor in other countries (ie Samsung).

When we have that, and TV contracts expire, a gun can be held to the head of FTA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred