• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Surely this can't be the rule...?

yellowcake

Somebody might know the answer, maybe the ref concerned is CCM fan and can explain.

My son's U11 team typically changes GKs at halftime. This morning on the ref ruled that the first-half GK could not return to the field unless he was wearing the same outfield shirt that his second-half replacement had worn (rather than the one he usually uses). And there were plently of spare shirts as we only had 9 players there anyway.

Problem is that these two are repectively the largest and smallest members of the team. As U11s come in a range of sizes the teams kit has a range of shirt sizes and each player knows which number shirt(s) are their size. In fact they usually stick to the same number.

The larger kid was clearly going to be uncomfortable and look rediculous in the tiny shirt. I would have expected the rule to be that a different number would be needed for all outfield players taking part in the game at any stage. (I know we only have one GK shirt so it needs to re-used - and the sleeve cuffs rolled up 3 times for the new keeper!). Apart from player ID and size there's an aesthetic and hygeine issue about pulling on somebody elses used shirt when your clean one is in the bag on the sideline!

I understand (but didn't hear it myself) that a yellow card was threatened if he came on in a different shirt. (I did hear) parents saying "give him a card then and get on with the game".

offtheball

I believe if the ref wants to be pedantic the goal keepers have to play in different numbered shirts.

Rocket

The Referee is incorrect. I suggest that full details be submitted to your Club Secretary and then in turn sent to the CCF. The referee needs to be educated and this cannot be done if nothing is said.

Jimmy

There was a juniors game at doyalson today where a penalty was given for a deliberate handball by the keeper outside of his box. wtf?

Rocket

Again, with the one at Doyalson, reports need to made through the right channels to be able to educate these Referees. Only way to get improvement.

grendel

Somebody might know the answer, maybe the ref concerned is CCM fan and can explain.

My son's U11 team typically changes GKs at halftime. This morning on the ref ruled that the first-half GK could not return to the field unless he was wearing the same outfield shirt that his second-half replacement had worn (rather than the one he usually uses). And there were plently of spare shirts as we only had 9 players there anyway.

Problem is that these two are repectively the largest and smallest members of the team. As U11s come in a range of sizes the teams kit has a range of shirt sizes and each player knows which number shirt(s) are their size. In fact they usually stick to the same number.

The larger kid was clearly going to be uncomfortable and look rediculous in the tiny shirt. I would have expected the rule to be that a different number would be needed for all outfield players taking part in the game at any stage. (I know we only have one GK shirt so it needs to re-used - and the sleeve cuffs rolled up 3 times for the new keeper!). Apart from player ID and size there's an aesthetic and hygeine issue about pulling on somebody elses used shirt when your clean one is in the bag on the sideline!

I understand (but didn't hear it myself) that a yellow card was threatened if he came on in a different shirt. (I did hear) parents saying "give him a card then and get on with the game".

The Laws of the Game say that a goalkeeper and outfield player can change places with each other at any time provided the referee is first notified. The assumption is that there is a straight swap of player numbers which the referee can reconcile with the team sheet later should the need arise (if cards are issued to either player).
A player is not permitted to put on a numbered shirt that is not listed on the team sheet nor wear a duplicate number.
However, a large dose of common sense should be applied to allow the game to continue without the need to be too pedantic about it and, the lower the grade, the more leeway should be allowed. So, if the shirt was ridiculously large for the little fella, maybe he should have been allowed to wear a different one, and the number recorded against his name later or in advance, if they already knew the change was going to happen.

Don't criticise the ref though for applying the rules of the game. Remember, for that grade it's probably a junior ref learning on the job.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The referee was incorrect in this - it doesn't matter what jersey the keeper wears as long as it's significantly different to his teammates, opposition, opposing keeper and the referee team.

Strictly speaking the replacement keeper should be wearing a different jersey with a different number corresponding to the teamsheet, but shirt numbers generally aren't enforced terribly strictly in CCF.

Again, please report this to CCFRI via your club/CCF so the referee can be educated in his error.

jaypee

The laws of the game do not state one way or the other however remember in the above case its a swap not a substitution. With that in mind the swap would imply that shirts are also exchanged to keep the numbers consistent (again not implicit)

Captain - I think you are correct for a substitute keeper (one sitting on the bench) however reading the thread this is an outfield player swapping positions....

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The laws of the game do not state one way or the other however remember in the above case its a swap not a substitution. With that in mind the swap would imply that shirts are also exchanged to keep the numbers consistent (again not implicit)

Captain - I think you are correct for a substitute keeper (one sitting on the bench) however reading the thread this is an outfield player swapping positions....

You're correct. Numbers aren't mentioned in the laws of the game.......though neither are goal nets ;-)
However, numbers are usually covered under the competition rules, and if they're applied strictly (say, perhaps some of the rep level leagues) then the substitute keeper, even if an outfield player, may well have to wear a different jersey with his own number.

But this is the central coast, and a good dose of commen sense should be applied. And all that's moot anyway, as it's the opposite to what happened :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred