• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

stars wars battle front "don't do it"

true believer

well I got home .the lad saved up and brought this game .
he put on to show me.

it's just a first person shooter game . no story , no space engagements .
just military training for future energy wars .

shame lucas film shame .
this POS will be sold with every PS4 this xmas .
look on . no kid under 14 should play it and no kid over 15 will .

sydmariner

he put on to show me.

just military training for future energy wars .

shame lucas film shame .
this POS will be sold with every PS4 this xmas .
look on . no kid under 14 should play it and no kid over 15 will .
Disney own the rights now so it's only gonna get worse which is why I won't be seeing the new movie

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

he put on to show me.

Is that necessarily a bad thing? I mean, there are dozens or star wars games out there with story, so what's the harm in one that is just a multiplayer shooter in the star wars universe? May bring something a little new to that genre.

Haven't played it - don't think my computer could handle it, and I'm more a 'Steam Sales' kind of purchaser, but one of my friends has and he loves it. but then again he's a Star Wars nut.

Disney own the rights now so it's only gonna get worse which is why I won't be seeing the new movie
How come?

true believer

I don't believe it's an appropriate game for the movies fan base .
I think most parents if they understood what this game is . wouldn't buy it .
by steam sales are you talking about multi player shooter games (quake) ?
i haven't played an online game since MechCommander .

VicMariner

How to make money in the gaming industry.

1. Create a minimalist game. (game breaking bugs on launch optional)
2. DLC, DLC, DLC, DLC, Micro transactions, DLC, DLC.....
3. Profit

greenlig

I never come over to this side of the forum so I missed this - NECRO!

I got a few copies of Battlefront early (partner works at EA), and although it was pretty fun for a few hours, it gets really old fast. There's little depth to the game, it all boils down to essentially the same stuff each time, no larger arc to enjoy. Sure, you level up and get new weapons, but there's barely any indication that they are actually better later on. As soon as you have the grenades and jump-pack, you don't need anything else.

Environments are ok, but there are some duds that I always want to skip. They seem to all revolve around a central space where everyone is just firing across at each other, while a ring of tunnels/paths runs around the outside. The larger levels are interesting, but still boring once you get the hang of it.

It's a pity, as they did have a chance here to make something great. Heck, if they'd re-skinned BF1942 it would have been more enjoyable. Seems like they made a fairly casual shooter, but didn't add much depth.

All that said, it's one of the prettiest games I've ever played. Frostbite engine is pretty amazing, and even now when everyone is using physically-based shading, it stands above the rest. If they remake Dark Forces in that engine oh boy. That would be something.

6/10 - Pretty, enough for a few hours/days, gets old fast.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

. There's little depth to the game, it all boils down to essentially the same stuff each time, no larger arc to enjoy. Sure, you level up and get new weapons, but there's barely any indication that they are actually better later on. .
So, what you're saying is that it's Battlefield 3/4/5/6/7/whatever-they're-all-the-same-now with lasers? :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred