• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Standard of the top mens comp

vesh

Hey just wanna know is the standard of the top mens competiton really good? I think the mens team won the senior champion of champions right???? Do they dominate the local comp or do they get pushed all the way??

marinermick

vesh said:
Hey just wanna know is the standard of the top mens competiton really good? I think the mens team won the senior champion of champions right???? Do they dominate the local comp or do they get pushed all the way??

wyoming dominated the competition hands down

from my experience of other competitions the standard is not that great

c-crew

In the past 4 seasons they have been one of the tougher teams, especially last year of course. The season before they lost the final in a shoot out which was a shame. Against one of the Peninsula teams.

Jolly_Roger

Umina were the better team all year when the gf was decided on penalties and was a fair result. Wyoming are definately the strongest team at the moment. I believe that the strength of the club is also dictated by the strength of the reserve grade as well. Wyoming also have the goods in this department.

There have been several teams who have taken out the league in the past which have been "top heavy" with not much in the lower grades to underpin the main team.

Its good that the teams are now playing in the champions of champions comp. This is relatively new for the senior teams on the coast.

truesoccer

From the dug out said:
The standard can't be that bad if Wyoming beat the best that all other NSW associations had to offer .
Give the guys some credit!
I agree.
Whilst I have never been a fan of Wyoming, supopose that goes back to when they ruled the old CCSA their teams last year did magnificently in Premier League.
Not to detract from their exemplary effort it should be pointed out that, although they went through undefeated, they did not always have it all their way every game. Local soccer at the top level, Premier League, is starting to improve again.
I know a recent forum was held by CCF at which all clubs were invited. Hopefully something positive will come out of same to continue the improvement locally.

password

Ok guys, how yas goin, im new to this forum, im from up in the hunter valley and am associated with a leading hunter valley club who play in the NBN state league. Just wondering what are people opinions on the standrd of the Central Coast comp and the NBN league. I have herad previously that Budgewoi are trying to gain entry into the NBN league, but are majorally let down by playing strength.... any thoughts?

marinermick

password said:
Ok guys, how yas goin, im new to this forum, im from up in the hunter valley and am associated with a leading hunter valley club who play in the NBN state league. Just wondering what are people opinions on the standrd of the Central Coast comp and the NBN league. I have herad previously that Budgewoi are trying to gain entry into the NBN league, but are majorally let down by playing strength.... any thoughts?

the NBN league shits all over the Central Coast Premier League

From the dug out

The Newcastle NBN league is better, possible reason are.

1) Twice as many poeple in the Newcastle and Hunter, than the Central Coast.
2) One is classed as semi pro and the other as amature, meaning payment for you services.
3) We have a State league team, you don't, if we had our Lightning 1st, 20's and 18's filtering back through our clubs, then of course we would be stronger.
4) Some Central coast locals choose to play state league in Sydney, easier to get to training if they have to commute  for work, they are already down there.. Something that would be very difficult to do from Newy.

However Newcastle have problems of there own e.g.

1) You say that you are from a leading Hunter Valley club, what you are really saying is that you are from Weston Workers Bears, as they are the only leading club from the Hunter. There is alot of history, with the old coal mininng towns. One only has to look at the amount of pubs out there (that are struggling to stay afloat).

Years ago in the top league you had, Cessnock Hornets (Clayton Zanes junior club), Maitland Magpies and even the Singleton Strikers many, many years ago. Now you have Weston who is coached by none other than, our recently signed Mariner, Boags's old man. West Wallsend used to be a team that went up and down with promotion and relegation back in the 90's, don't know about now.

Most NBN clubs now are closer to the CBD due to work and infrustucture.

When Budgewoi was up there,  they were in the 2HD second division comp. They were due for promotion after winning the minor premiership back in 99, (11 years in the making, after leaving the coast 89). However the Lic club was struggling, so they got cut, due to cost cutting.

Budgewoi is playing Phennix in a couple of weeks in a trial game (an NBN mid table performance club last season), although only a trial, this might be a good test as to what the different levels are.

tyson

The top teams in Premier League are Wyoming, East Gosford and Budgie probably. They have strong premier teams and reserve grade teams. While Wyoming is the strongest, winning the comp and C-of-C, they don't have the youth development that clubs like Gosford and East Gosford have. I must admit, I don't know how much development goes into Gosford's youth (Perm might though), but I know they are a strong club in juniors, as is Kincumber.

Budgie's problem is that all the players float between Toukley and Budgie depending on who is in Premier League. If one team gets relegated, a lot of players leave for the other.

As for juniors, I think it was the Associations best year in terms of Champions Of Champions, with 3 teams winning it - Kincumber girls (u/12s or 13s I think), East Gosford u/15s and Wyoming 1st grade. Expect the Premier League to get stronger over the next few years.

password

From the dug out said:
The Newcastle NBN league is better, possible reason are.

1) Twice as many poeple in the Newcastle and Hunter, than the Central Coast.
2) One is classed as semi pro and the other as amature, meaning payment for you services.
3) We have a State league team, you don't, if we had our Lightning 1st, 20's and 18's filtering back through our clubs, then of course we would be stronger.
4) Some Central coast locals choose to play state league in Sydney, easier to get to training if they have to commute  for work, they are already down there.. Something that would be very difficult to do from Newy.

However Newcastle have problems of there own e.g.

1) You say that you are from a leading Hunter Valley club, what you are really saying is that you are from Weston Workers Bears, as they are the only leading club from the Hunter. There is alot of history, with the old coal mininng towns. One only has to look at the amount of pubs out there (that are struggling to stay afloat).

Years ago in the top league you had, Cessnock Hornets (Clayton Zanes junior club), Maitland Magpies and even the Singleton Strikers many, many years ago. Now you have Weston who is coached by none other than, our recently signed Mariner, Boags's old man. West Wallsend used to be a team that went up and down with promotion and relegation back in the 90's, don't know about now.

Most NBN clubs now are closer to the CBD due to work and infrustucture.

When Budgewoi was up there,  they were in the 2HD second division comp. They were due for promotion after winning the minor premiership back in 99, (11 years in the making, after leaving the coast 89). However the Lic club was struggling, so they got cut, due to cost cutting.

Budgewoi is playing Phennix in a couple of weeks in a trial game (an NBN mid table performance club last season), although only a trial, this might be a good test as to what the different levels are.

- Up the Bears!!!!

-West Wallsend are back in the NBN division, will revive the old rivalries between them and the bears once had. Plus in the 90s I wouldm't say they went up and down, they made the finals for 17 years straight up until 97', when quite controversially they got cut due to finacial/ criteria based quilifications.

-Phoenix will not be a mid table team this year, from what ive ehard they have spent upwards of 100K on player payments!!!!!

From the dug out

WOW, although club phennix is a big club.... is Wests bigger?

You did give yourself away when you said one of the leading hunter valley clubs.

Yeah Budgie, played in 4 grand finals in the 2HD comp in the 90's however only minor premiers went up, the year we came back to the coast, West Wallsend came second and therefore went up in our place (99).

Wouldn't know regarding 17 straight although it does ring a bell, ha-ha, just had a flash back to the good old Wembley stadium, home of the jersey (cow that is).

I see you have lost know time creating enemies on this site, woouldn't you spend more time on your own (squadren).

Budgewoi have sign up one of Newcastles favourites _ _ _ _ _  /  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hope we can keep up with them.

password

pHOENIX RECENTLY (LATTER STAGES OF THIS YEAR) MERGED WITH VALENTINE, AND HAVE THE BACKING OF THEIR JUNIORS AND BELMONT SPORTIES CLUB)

Part_Timer

valentine elebana have a team in my division this year Interdistrict 2nd division...former 2hd and ID3 team merged apparently??

hasbeen

tyson said:
The top teams in Premier League are Wyoming, East Gosford and Budgie probably. They have strong premier teams and reserve grade teams. While Wyoming is the strongest, winning the comp and C-of-C, they don't have the youth development that clubs like Gosford and East Gosford have. I must admit, I don't know how much development goes into Gosford's youth (Perm might though), but I know they are a strong club in juniors, as is Kincumber.

Budgie's problem is that all the players float between Toukley and Budgie depending on who is in Premier League. If one team gets relegated, a lot of players leave for the other.

As for juniors, I think it was the Associations best year in terms of Champions Of Champions, with 3 teams winning it - Kincumber girls (u/12s or 13s I think), East Gosford u/15s and Wyoming 1st grade. Expect the Premier League to get stronger over the next few years.

you  forgot Umina in the Seniors .. minor & major premiers the season before last.

From the dug out

MPL - 1st and Res grade trials games​

Over the next 3 Friday nights Budgewoi, Wyoming, The Entrance and Lightning are playing trial games at Budgewoi Soccer Club. There not playing for anything, its just a chance for players to trial and make their individual club selection.

Friday 15th - Budgewoi vs The Entrance  (res grade 6pm, 1st grade 7.30pm).
Friday 15th - Lightning vs Wyoming (res grade 6pm, 1st grade 7.30pm).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami