• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Something to think about

midfielder

Were do we head now ... we lost the WC bid and were is our direction... the two big questions marks over BB are we need to become more pro-active rather than reactive and his decision making i.e. the expansion teams he choose all have question marks...

Looking beyond this I was asked to write a article of were I see football's future in Australia ... below is what I submitted so it is pre the editor and my guess with lots of grammar errors...... look forward to others adding their tho's foe Christmas reading...so to my thos.....

Footballs future is tied up just outside our boarders in, NZ, PNG, Timor, Oceania Island nations, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore . They are all there or there abouts our time zone and mainly in Asia. Over 300 million people. The Asia nations all football first and Oceania Nations Football second.

Our long term future is broadcasting a high quality competition into this market. It would also bring business and government support and many more sponsors. We have the 2015 Asian Cup we need to build around this.

We need to simply hang in there until the next media deal. Everyone at every level needs to improve what they are doing. FFA, the clubs, the players, the coaches, and the refs, the football media, all need to improve. Many in the media seem intent on telling everyone the problems, what’s wrong, who’s doing it wrong, very few positive articles or solutions that make any sense when considered in a broader picture.

To set this up requires the development of a workable structure for football. Meaning we need a proper structure based around our local district community park clubs. We need to avoid looking to the NSL structure as some suggest as this was the system that delivered the player base today.

Frank in the world he moves is to far removed from district community park clubs to be in a position were he could understand what motives and or guides the Football family.

In my very humble opinion the answer lays with the associations and the district community park clubs that make up the grassroots.

The associations have massive player numbers and are managed largely by well meaning volunteers.

The district community park teams are normally run by committees of local volunteers. Most of the volunteers are very decent hard working folk reflective of their local community. They organise coaches, allocate training spaces, kits to the teams etc.

It is the committee members of the various district community park teams that talk to the football family. It is these people FFA need to speak to, but not by email or web site link.

The district park club committees and the associations don’t trust the old NSL teams as all they ever did for them was raid there rep sides and tell them how stupid they were. FA have done little for these committees accept ask for heaps of help in gathering a giant data base…

My guess is Frank has had little to do with the associations nor with their half million players nor their committees nor does he understand many of the troubles they have or the resentment many feel as being a tool for FFA to gather information.

For this reason I would love Frank to stay and do the kiss and hug thing for the government of the day and be there for many of the big decisions but leave the day to day running of the game to people like Lyal Gorman who understand football at park level and have extensive experience with associations.

I have always believed those running Football in Australia (including SBS) have never tried to fully understand how the associations work and then build from this very solid foundation a workable structure . To often the fractured NSL teams and the failed structure they created is what is looked at, or tweaked to make it work.

I would go so far as to make a second tier competition the associations. Further invite the associations to adopt a NSL club were possible. Hopefully both the associations and the NSL clubs could see the wisdom of joining forces to create a second tier competition.

In closing I see our future in building the quality of the local product to become capable of being broadcast to 23 million in Australia and our 300 million near neighbours. A one precent watch [ 3.23 million] is bigger than any AFL or RL grand final a two precent watch [ 6.46 million] per match is impossible to reach by any other code. Our challenge is to stay focused on the end goal, not to get distracted by others and to have faith in our management.

Jerem

lets start with getting our mates through the gates. .
simple efficient means of getting club takings up and
debts, If slightly, reduced. but do agree this infighting between associations
has to stop by seasons end before finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U04YoDrcV0

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member