• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Simon Colosimo - wants back in with 'Roos

bathurstmariner

From 442:

'This Is My Way Back To 'Roos'

Aidan Ormond
Mar 3 2008 13:37

EXCLUSIVE: Simon Colosimo says he's joined the biggest club in the country - and he hopes it will alert Socceroo coach Pim Verbeek to his quality.
To see the three in Sydney kits...

I think it makes it a bit easier, Colosimo told au.fourfourtwo.com after he was unveiled as a Sydney player alongside Mark Bridge and John Aloisi.

Pim's based in Sydney and he can see me live. If I play well. I have to play well every week but I'll be right under his nose but I'd like to give him the headache of leaving me out.

Whether Verbeek will veer from his stated wish of using Euro-based Roos remains to be seen, but Colosimo, 29, added that the chance of playing Asian Champions League football was another part of moving to Sydney.

The ACL is a massive aspiration. I've been sort of frothing at the mouth watching the other two teams in the champions league. I'm chomping at the bit and I'm quite envious of both Melbourne and Adelaide and the Mariners and Jets next season, said Colosimo.

As the other new Sydney signings said at today's unveiling, the players are relishing the pressure that comes with playing for the Harbour City's flagship A-League side.

There's a lot of pressure being here. We need to win. Supporters, the guys at the boardroom, they all expect to win. So it's an exciting and enjoyable time.

It's the biggest club in the country. Everyone wants to beat Sydney which is like Manchester United, everyone wants to beat them. Why? Because they're the best in England.

Colosimo has signed a two year contract at Moore Park.

It's all well and good that he wants to be under Pim's nose and make him aware of his onfield skill, but we IMO he would look better if he made the players around him better. Under a new coach at the Glory some younger talent has emerged especially throught the later stages of the season. If Colosimo had of stayed and helped to re-build wouldn't that look better than joining the A-League's so called 'glamour club'?

Have the Socceroos become a team where you're called up because of your name and you're club (other than our Overseas players, who deserve to be where they are) rather than form. If this is the case it's quite sad IMO.

It's the biggest club in the country. Everyone wants to beat Sydney which is like Manchester United, everyone wants to beat them. Why? Because they're the best in England.

Yeah everyone wants to beat Sydney because it will earn them 3 points. Same as beating any of the other 7 (or maybe soon 9) other clubs in the A-League.

Gav...

HaHa what is this guy on.... absolute joke........

marinersman

Why does everyone who plays for Sydney claims it is the biggest club in the country? No wonder everyone hates them with that arrogant attitude.

I think they should have a look at crowd sats as this is a pretty good guide.

Surely the tards are the biggest.

serious14

Melbourne - biggest club, best fans.

Sydney - ummmmmmmm....... best.......... ummmmmmmm......... something??  Bar behind their Bay??

Mariners - best run and organised

QLD - best stadium

So there.  :p

MattSimon

Where does this guy find the time for Underbelly, then playing for Sydney FC, and now he wants a shot at the roos?

serious14

MattSimon said:
Where does this guy find the time for Underbelly, then playing for Sydney FC, and now he wants a shot at the roos?

ROFLCOPTOR!!!!  Classy joke Matt, very classy.  ;D

I noted that Colosimo was given No. 4 - not too sure many Sydney fans would be overly impressed with that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred