• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Kuol start?

Should Kuol be in the starting lineup?

• Total voters

Wombat

Technically the best player in the Squad but favours the wing and we are trying make him play central and thats sometimes a hard adjustment. Doesn't fit our fast style but our style no longer works atm and only Olli looked competent tonight in the mids. I think Janota might have been able to pick the stubborn Brisbane lock and we definately missed Alou BIG TIME tonight.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

He's way too loose and cocky. Our other players are better. Simple.
I still fail to see what others see in Janota.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Kuol has actually earned his start anymore. He dropped right off the moment he got his 4th and has had a few appearances without doing much. Now, sure, when you only play 15-20min it can be difficult of the ball just doesn't find its way to your part of the pitch, and him normally coming on when our key playmaker comes off doesn't help him, but he's not one of those lazy strikers that needs everybody else to do his work so he can tap it in.

Big Al

History shows Staj won’t play Koul for to long
Koulity
MW1 - Started 59mins 1 Goal Won Jets
MW2 - Started 45mins Won Mac
MW4 - Started 45mins Lost WSW
MW5 - Sub at 67min 1 Goal Won SFC
MW6 - Started 70min 1 Goal Lost Nix
MW6 - Sub at 55min 1 Assist Won City
MW7 - Sub at 60mins 2 Goals Won WU
MW8 - Sub at 77mins Won Nix
MW9 - Sub at 57mins 1 Goal Lost AU
MW10 - Sub at 63mins Won Perth
MW11 - Sub at 63mins 1 Assist Won Mac
MW12 - Sub at 59mins Draw Perth
MW13 - Sub at 67mins Lost City
MW14 - Sub at 79mins Draw MV
MW15 - Sub at 64mins 1 Goal Win Au
MW15 - Sub at 61mins Draw WSW
MW17 - Sub at 69mins Lost WU
MW18 - Sub 79mins Draw SFC
MW18 - Illness L

I can only find 3 assists but his stats say 4.

Hasn’t started since MW6 against the nix

2 goals from the 4 starts

1 goal involvement in the last 7 games. That could be due to our team not using him correctly DDS can’t shoot or the opponent now has worked us out or a combo

1 Contract with Stuttgart

true believer

kuol isn't our issue. our midfield rubbish at the moment .even ollie
was ordinary .we need to make changes for the roar game ,which we''ll be flogged
in anyway

my team v roar

birra
miller tonyik rowles/hall clisby
cesella stens jonota hatch
bouman
kuol

Tevor

was ordinary .we need to make changes for the roar game ,which we''ll be flogged
in anyway

my team v roar

birra
bouman
kuol
Agree, I thought Kuol with the limited opportunities did OK and wasn't our problem. Olli's worst game I felt, his long range shots were a waste IMO and he also had lots of loose passes. I'm over Stens at the moment and his creative play does not exist. Midfield were our problem and we needed Nis back further not up front to miss more chances.

Kuol's shot in the second half was a great effort for a difficult ball.

I expect Roar to do us again, we can not handle their speed in the front third. Champness and Riku to cause havoc again. Maybe we need to throw the young guys in and keep them guessing because an unchanged 11 we easily get done again. Like you put both Hatch and Casella in for this reason.

shipwreck

I'm gonna throw this out there.

Have the dudes who were absolutely fighting off the internationals for starting spots stepped off the gas since the pecking order was established?

Our best games of the season came whilst Urena, Jankovic and Janota were all in hotel quarantine and unknown quantities.

Tevor

I'm gonna throw this out there.

Have the dudes who were absolutely fighting off the internationals for starting spots stepped off the gas since the pecking order was established?

Our best games of the season came whilst Urena, Jankovic and Janota were all in hotel quarantine and unknown quantities.
Agree, I've also wondered how contract talks are going, if they are slow and not promising much for next season because the sale of club, TV rights etc. Players might start to think of themselves and not so much for the team.

Kuol still looks keen to impress however we didn't seem to be going his way much yesterday partly because we went the slow kick the ball around the back build up. Are some in the team a bit jealous of what Kuol has achieved and where he is heading?????? Well he will have a few more games with good minutes so lets see if there is more to it.

Forum Phoenix

in anyway

my team v roar

birra
bouman
kuol
Completely agree. They keep talking about Olly controlling the game. He was slow and cautious and made uncustomary mistakes.

His edge has dulled like everyone else. All now playing from their heads instead of leading with their hearts,

Last edited:

turbo

His edge has dulled like everyone else. All now playing from their heads instead of leading with their hearts
It seemed like he was dictating the knocking around at the back when we should have been going forward again. If not he certainly wasnt setting them straight like you'd want a leader to.

It's like we don't know what to do when we are in front and play the same if we're defending a lead at 80 mins or find ourselves up inside 5 minutes. We've got a week and a half to get our act together and work out what needs to change otherwise the roar will do the same thing again. They have a hectic schedule and should be feeling it by then and sitting deep as they did will play to that so we need to have a plan. Plenty of footage from that loss and the Victory game to analyze and plan from so there's no excuses for failing to adapt.

Forum Phoenix

It seemed like he was dictating the knocking around at the back when we should have been going forward again. If not he certainly wasnt setting them straight like you'd want a leader to.

It's like we don't know what to do when we are in front and play the same if we're defending a lead at 80 mins or find ourselves up inside 5 minutes. We've got a week and a half to get our act together and work out what needs to change otherwise the roar will do the same thing again. They have a hectic schedule and should be feeling it by then and sitting deep as they did will play to that so we need to have a plan. Plenty of footage from that loss and the Victory game to analyze and plan from so there's no excuses for failing to adapt.

Yeah completely agree, but I’m very worried. I think Staj’s got almost everything you could to get right about why we were losing and what needed to change to win.

But once we started losing again...

it’s hard to be convinced by the diagnosis that we’re actually on top of every other team we’re just not winning or getting the referees to go our way.

Initially we were the team unconcerned about dominating teams and possession, just competing at full tilt and doing anything we could to win. I just don’t see that mongrel anymore. And I think in several of our wins, nudge our intensity down by even as little as 10 percent and we probably lose or draw.

small margins. And unless we address that, imho, the slide will continue,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami