• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Run Home for Discussion

turbo

Id take AFC cup over ACL at the moment. At least in the cup we have a decent chance. ACL we’ll just get stopped by the Koreans or Japanese like usual.

turbo

I'd like the Aussie teams to actually compete in the ACL and I'd love for us to be there again. Also happy to win every competition we are in!
So would I but it’s not too realistic right now. There’s both a skill and wealth gap that will be difficult to close. China has come back more within reach due to financial issues which should help us but City still managed to bottle it - thanks Glover.

Big Al

Simply Leckie and Naboutt play for themselves and don’t like to link up with anyone and City kept crossing into Lacroise so that was never going to end well.

Risdon was a passenger for 80mins and they attacked him only a handful of times and all by Tilio and Risdon was fine if he was in front of him. They didn’t turn Risdon at all.

WU were a little lucky but clinical

marinermick

So John Aloisi and the Lost Boys came through when it mattered.It is only hypothetical but I feel that if we had played them in the GF we would have won.

I am not so sure of this. Finals football is very different and WU showed this. It was their defence and experience that won them the trophy and this is pretty much the formula for winning most football trophies (see Real Madrid on the weekend).

Melange

So City win the Grand Final last season vs 10, got massive assists from officials this season to win the premiership and in the GF this year where they received no obvious referee bias, barely made a whimper.

Having said that, WU blessed with an own goal and another where the assist came from a very fortunate ricochet off the face of Pain!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami