• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Ruin the game!

uptheguts

What a game last night....

Firstly the CCM were the best I have ever seen them play all year in the first 20 mins. The way the ball was moved around was absolutely second to none. The first 2 goals we scored were awesome..... then it happened Matthew Breeze asserted his usual bullshit of ruining a great game of football.

Whilst some would argue that it was or was not a handball Fifa rules of the game Q&A advise;

A goal keeper standing in his own penalty area deliberately handles the ball outside the penalty area what action should the referee take?

" They shall award a direct free kick to the opposing team. If, in the opinion of the referees the goal keeper is also guilty of unsporting behavior or of denying an opponent an obvious goal scoring opportunity they shall apply further appropriate sanctions."

Now again CCM could argue there was no chance of SFC scoring and vice versa. At worst this should have been a yellow card for Danny and a penalty kick.

There really needs to be some regulation with these referees. We are now at the business end of the season and cannot afford them to be farking up like this. They need to exercise some due diligence when pulling out the red cards.

On another note it was interesting to see Matthew constantly going for the yellow cards for CCM but Sydney seemed to get away with much more.

I say it in the bay and I will say it here..... [move]DIG A HOLE BREEZE YOU DUMB SHIT!!!!![/move]

Merry Christmas to you all. CCM keep up the hard work.... Trotty get some practice in mate.

radar

Breeze ruined that game for us. As Laurie said afterwards (and I had predicted in the first ten minutes) we were in shape to be up 5-0 at full time. The handball rule you posted makes me even angrier, as it could be argued that Danny's handball may not have been deliberate, but even if it was, being out near the sideline is in no way "an obvious goal scoring opportunity".

The challenges from behind and yellow cards were DEFINITELY in Sydney's favour, as our boys were getting crunched regularly but with no penalties to show for it, yet you blow on an FC guy, and Breeze would be on you like stink on poop. Hef gets a broken leg from a flailing tackle, but no red..?

Having said that, though, I was there to witness WHY we are top of the league. Bring on Melbourne next week, and we'll take the five goals we shoulda had this time 'round, and let those other faglers pick up the crumbs of their rubbish season.

Gen (MarinerMum)

It's time we stood up and were counted.  Frank Lowie Football Association is Shit.  My passion got the best of me last night.  Its not on when a referee can blantantly show bias.  Breeze should be called to account for his performance last night.  Numerous players deliberately injured by dirty tactics.  Where is the referee to ensure the safety of the players.  No where to be seen.  If you came into ED and were treated by a doctor as bad as Breeze is a referee, you would be dead.

This is not the first time Breeze has refereed like this nor will it be the last.  Football fans lost last night.  Football first comers probably thought it was a nice game.  BULLSHIT.  My players were deliberately targeted, no control of the game was ever seen and BREEZE is one of the best.  God help the A League if this is all they have to offer.

EVERYONE SHOULD INUNDATE THE FFA AND COMPLAIN ABOUT BREEZE.  NOT THAT THEY LISTEN BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE ABOVE REPROACH.  AROGANT PRICKS.

The injury LIST

Alosisi
Owens
Sonic
Hutcho
etc, etc, etc

Roy Law

The referee wasn't responsible for Vukovic's ill timed run out of his area; nor when Vukovic handled the ball. He wasn't responsible when Petrovski missed a sitter after 5 minutes. He wasn't responsible when Fyfe was unmarked at the far post for Sydney's first and he wasn't responsible when Jedinak missed the ball to let in Sydney for their second. He wasn't responsible when Biddle skinned Heffernan...etc etc. Sure, I think it should have been a yellow for Danny but there is no point blaming the ref when defensive errors gifted Sydney their first three goals.But, all in all, the reason why the Mariners top the table was there to see - courage, commitment, character in spades. Proud of every one of them.

Omni

But Breeze did hand them the crucial one, their 5th.

As for cards left right and centre to Mariners, no, Card count is CCM: 2yellow/2red. Sydney: 3 yellow. There should have been more, how Popovic wasn't sent is astounding especially considering he ruled Vukovic was deliberately obstructing a goalscoring opportunity.

FFC Mariner

Correction, not defensive errors but something more basic.

Goals 1,2,3 & the miss that lead to Kwassie handling were down to 1 person alone

~Floss~

Omni said:
But Breeze did hand them the crucial one, their 5th.

As for cards left right and centre to Mariners, no, Card count is CCM: 2yellow/2red. Sydney: 3 yellow. There should have been more, how Popovic wasn't sent is astounding especially considering he ruled Vukovic was deliberately obstructing a goalscoring opportunity.
This will be one of the most talked-about matches over the years to come. And the reffing would have just been one of the many discussion topics arising from it, up until Heff's tragic injury and the final penalty/card.

At that point in time the reffing had influenced the result, players' health & safety, possibly some careers, and potentially the season.

uptheguts

Roy Law said:
The referee wasn't responsible for Vukovic's ill timed run out of his area.

No you are right but to give a red card for that is crap. That was the turning point in the game.... As you would have seen CCM first 20 mins was the best I have ever seen..

And lets be honest if Danny was on the field those goals would have had a chance to be stopped. Nothing at all against Trotty but obviously Danny has had much more game time...

Think about it.

SYDNEYTILLIDIE

DONT WORRY GUYS WE WON 5-4, YOU SAYING SHIT ABOUT BREEZE WONT HELp

SYDNEY TILL I DIE, I'M SYDNEY TILL I DIE, I KNOW I AM IM SURE I AM, IM SYDNEY TILL I DIE!!!

Rowdy

Easy to do when you're born with 9 fingers..........and 3 thumbs.

Edit:

You know...hold the shift key and still keep typing with your other 11 digits.  ::)

Holzy

Quotes from:
FUTSAL - Laws of the game 2006 (current)
uptheguts said:
Whilst some would argue that it was or was not a handball Fifa rules of the game Q&A advise;

A goal keeper standing in his own penalty area deliberately handles the ball outside the penalty area what action should the referee take?

" They shall award a direct free kick to the opposing team. If, in the opinion of the referees the goal keeper is also guilty of unsporting behavior or of denying an opponent an obvious goal scoring opportunity they shall apply further appropriate sanctions."
Quotes from:
FOOTBALL - Laws of the game 2006 (current)

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off and shown the red
card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

4. denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring oppor-
tunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a
goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

5. denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving
towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick
or a penalty kick

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:FcfcryjVM7sJ:www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/lotg2006_e_1581.pdf+fifa+rules+of+the+game&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=au&client=firefox-a

T

I've long been critical of the Referees in the A-League, and while I do believe that the standard of reffing has slightly improved since last season, it still leaves a lot to be desired. Regardless of the final score, the very fact that so many players got injured and in Heffs case, fairly seriously, should show that the ref did not handle that game evenly.... One thing I am surprised at is that no one has mentioned how the 3mins of unjury time was extended into almost 5.5mins, and funnily enough it was in that 5th minute that Syd scored the winning goal!!

uptheguts

I wonder why someone would call themselves Holzy?

Perhaps he is the bitch of the bay anyone has to thrash at their disposal?

[move]FARK OFF BACK TO SYDNEY YOU DUMB C#NT[/move]

Look at that, us CCM fans can use shift or the CAPS key.... DICK HEAD

kevrenor

T said:
.... One thing I am surprised at is that no one has mentioned how the 3mins of injury time was extended into almost 5.5mins, and funnily enough it was in that 5th minute that Syd scored the winning goal!!
T it is stoppage time .. ie. time taken off the clock for some stoppages in the ball being in play (but not including bringing the ball back into play at throws or goalkicks, corners, etc).

The 4th official holds up an estimate of the time of stoppages in that half (can get an indication from the ref).  The referee can play his own calculation of time. Once stoppage time starts it can be added to for extra stoppages.  Therefore when Heff was injured it added time on - apparently 1.5 mins.

So not only did Talay's scything tackle take out and break Heff's leg, he added directly to the time so that he also ended up with the opportunity to take the penalty (disputed). An infamous late contribution.

Holzy

uptheguts said:
I wonder why someone would call themselves Holzy?

Perhaps he is the bitch of the bay anyone has to thrash at their disposal?

[move]FARK OFF BACK TO SYDNEY YOU DUMB C#NT[/move]

Look at that, us CCM fans can use shift or the CAPS key.... DICK HEAD
Still in Sydney bright spark...
Jelous? Want your ride too?

Too bad CCM fans can't use quotes from the rules of the correct game.

All that aside Breeze IS a c**t, and I must admit I thought it dissapointing he didn't even restart play and just blew the final whistle after the goal.

You have quite a bit about that game which is worth being upset about, I don't understand why you question very clear cut descisions, or worse still feel the need to question ones sexuality because you were corrected. 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred