• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Ten - Local league thread

offtheball

Thank God for the referees site so that we can see who is playing who. Which games are on and off.

You could be mistaken for thinking this was the responsibility of CCF.

How hard is it to keep a web site up to date for the benefit of members.

hasbeen

Four out of the five PL1 games were played, which means Berkeley & Umina will have to have a catch-up game which will probably mean a midweek game. This puts them at a distinct disadvantage to those teams that did play (having to play 3 games in 8 days). The CCF should have either played a full round or none at all. Still, they are too busy patting themselves on the back for getting some games played rather than looking at the logisitics of how unfair it is on the 2 teams missing out. 

marinermick

hasbeen said:
Four out of the five PL1 games were played, which means Berkeley & Umina will have to have a catch-up game which will probably mean a midweek game. This puts them at a distinct disadvantage to those teams that did play (having to play 3 games in 8 days). The CCF should have either played a full round or none at all. Still, they are too busy patting themselves on the back for getting some games played rather than looking at the logisitics of how unfair it is on the 2 teams missing out. 

?? ?? ?? ??

i don't see the problem here

i say good on them for playing those games and trying to get PL played

this situation happens in plenty of comps around NSW

you just play the missing games midweek to catch up

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm with mick.

Playing none of a round will also unfairly advantage and disadvantage some teams.  The moment the weather gets involved and causes closures, people start to luck out.  That's the nature of the beast.

Getting in as much football as possible, and finding some midweek timeslot to play catch up games is the fairest possible solution.

Part_Timer

morisset resserve grade won 5-0 against bellbird i had to play left back with injuries adding up on our team then backed up for first grade and played whole second half on left wing scored a goal too finished up 6-0.. good day especially after going on the pub crawl...i have a make up game on tuesday to me its just like having a trainin session then thursday you have a easy session and then game on weekend not a disadvantage to me...

Kanwal Bull

I know Kanwal 1sts won 3-0 against East Gosford. great result. anyone know any other results from premier league?

offtheball

Kanwal Rover said:
I know Kanwal 1sts won 3-0 against East Gosford. great result. anyone know any other results from premier league?

BUDGEWOI 5 OURIMBAH 0
KANWAL 3 EAST GOSFORD 0
DOYALSON 5 SOUTHERN-ETTALONG 2
BERKELEY VALE vs UMINA - Postponed

truesoccer

marinermick said:
hasbeen said:

?? ?? ?? ??

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I'm with mick.

Playing none of a round will also unfairly advantage and disadvantage some teams.  The moment the weather gets involved and causes closures, people start to luck out.  That's the nature of the beast.

Getting in as much football as possible, and finding some midweek timeslot to play catch up games is the fairest possible solution.

Just got home from night shift and reading comments whist having a cuppa.
Normally I am critical of CCF but after seeing emails from CCF which my club's fixtures oficer sends to me I have to applaud them for their efforts this weekend. From the comments made by my fixtures officer their counterpart in the CCF has again excelled himself trough its Draw person who seems never to sleep just to get games played.
The one game was not the fault of the CCF but of the Umina club. The game it seems could not be put at their ground as they were not willing to mark their field as they did not have any games on Saturday. Other clubs did not have this trouble and a look at the draw will show some opened their ground up for only one game. Are Umina scared of Berleley Vale or are their committee too lazy or do they just not care about getting a crucial game played? Would like to see a reply from either the Umina team or their club officials.

Paolo

Gosford were able to play their match against Kariong as the decision was made to shift the game from Gavenlock to Wyong. Gosford 2-0 Kariong(10-0 would not have been unfair....very poor finishing)

hasbeen

truesoccer said:
marinermick said:
hasbeen said:

?? ?? ?? ??

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I'm with mick.

Just got home from night shift and reading comments whist having a cuppa.
Normally I am critical of CCF but after seeing emails from CCF which my club's fixtures oficer sends to me I have to applaud them for their efforts this weekend. From the comments made by my fixtures officer their counterpart in the CCF has again excelled himself trough its Draw person who seems never to sleep just to get games played.
The one game was not the fault of the CCF but of the Umina club. The game it seems could not be put at their ground as they were not willing to mark their field as they did not have any games on Saturday. Other clubs did not have this trouble and a look at the draw will show some opened their ground up for only one game. Are Umina scared of Berleley Vale or are their committee too lazy or do they just not care about getting a crucial game played? Would like to see a reply from either the Umina team or their club officials.

The game was supposed to be at Berkeley - called off.
Then at Fagans - called off.
No-one ever contacted Umina to see if it could be played there.
Clear enough for you truesoccer?

T

keensy said:
Gosford were able to play their match against Kariong as the decision was made to shift the game from Gavenlock to Wyong. Gosford 2-0 Kariong(10-0 would not have been unfair....very poor finishing)

Poor finishing on both sides... Gos had more shots on target, and more decent opportunities but overall the finishing was pretty woeful, and I know a few of the players were kicking themselves for it later. Were some interesting calls made by the reff to!! He was a muppet, and he prob heard me call him that too.

Paolo

T said:
keensy said:

Poor finishing on both sides... Gos had more shots on target, and more decent opportunities but overall the finishing was pretty woeful, and I know a few of the players were kicking themselves for it later. Were some interesting calls made by the reff to!! He was a muppet, and he prob heard me call him that too.
i think they heard you back in gosford.

dibo

i didn't play as our game was washed out and i'm still recovering from giving my ankle the rice bubbles treatment (snap, crackle and pop), but my dear better half played and scored a cracker of a volley to win her match 1-0. happy days!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred