• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

round 6 vs nix

Ozhammer

And f**k the senior player and his rabidly anti Vax wife.
You should know better you grub.
Your yoga guru hasa lot to answer for too
Maaaaate, let’s keep this crap off the forum, I am honestly getting fed up seeing this sort of stuff when all I come on here to do is read about football and my team not this kind of shite. Players families are off limits as far as I am concerned just as yours and my own should be, so you need to reign this vitriol in, or the mods will need to do it for you.

I am hearing that numerous people in the club have tested positive regardless of their vaccination status, so it’s just a fact of life with Omicron and we need to get used to it end of. Hopefully it sweeps through the league quickly, with as little disruption as possible.

turbo

This went south quick. We’ve got no way of knowing who got it or how. There’s probably quite a few positive cases that genuinely have no idea where they got it especially since they dumped mandatory check ins. Recent numbers saw a huge reduction in tests but the positive numbers stayed the same, things are definitely worse than the mid 6k figure we’re seeing right now.

pjennings

Maaaaate, let’s keep this crap off the forum, I am honestly getting fed up seeing this sort of stuff when all I come on here to do is read about football and my team not this kind of shite. Players families are off limits as far as I am concerned just as yours and my own should be, so you need to reign this vitriol in, or the mods will need to do it for you.

I am hearing that numerous people in the club have tested positive regardless of their vaccination status, so it’s just a fact of life with Omicron and we need to get used to it end of. Hopefully it sweeps through the league quickly, with as little disruption as possible.

The fact that all the players are fit (and hopefully without any latent underlying conditions) together with how contagious this variant is may mean that the virus does sweep through the league quickly. The question then becomes do the APL play matches behind closed doors - or do they postpone more games hoping that Omicron is a swift but milder version of Covid and people will come back when the
surge passes?

Ironbark

The question from the start of this thing and which is still the overarching point today, is -
what do we need to do to keep the hospital/medical system from becoming overwhelmed and deaths minimised?

An overwhelmed system means large numbers of unnecessary deaths and a much bigger hammerblow to the economy. And that's before considering the moral obligation.

In the early days keeping the medical system from becoming overwhelmed was managed via distancing. This came into its most potent form as lockdowns.

Today, the tool for achieving this goal was to be vaccinations. We were on track with a plan for the conditions. Then omicron.

If it's 5 times less lethal then it needs to be only 5 times more virulent for it to have the same effect as before. Daily average numbers right now are about 5 times more than they were. Watch what's coming...

So in the end, if the goal is to protect the medical system, quite simply it's not tracking well at all. You don't just play the same game plan you started with if the rulebook has been changed. And this was easily predictable. As were the current testing conditions. The impacts to individuals, the health system, businesses and the economy could soon prove to be straight up negligence in decision making.

I couldn't wait to see this game. The form we've been in had/has me high in confidence. I feel we have one of the most exciting teams in years and I hope this doesn't derail the momentum.
But I suspected this could be one of the last games before rolling the covid dice for postponements, and we got scuppered just before it played.

I hope highly for the well-being of all involved above all else

Insertnamehere

APL gonna be hard pressed catching this season up. FFA cup, ACL coming and no doubt there'll be more postponements.

The 5 player thing is fine by me, you can look at seasons where teams have basically first xi injured and nothing is done about it.

Big Dog

Throw into the equation, all the sportspeople dying of heart attacks in their prime ( another 2 Footballers in the last 24hrs) and do the anti vaxxers have a valid position.

Discuss......
I’ll keep out the other but in reference to this… I was sent info on this from a passionate anti vaxer (nothing wrong with that) based on my interest in football. It came from an article written in the UK and posted on Twitter which sent it viral. Basically stated that FIFA registered players were dying of heart related problems and the person that posted associated with vaccinated players. Person has since deleted their tweet, three high profile players they quoted hadn’t been vaccinated and the numbers quoted were consistent with previous numbers from 2014-2018 according to FIFA records. From memory somewhere around 160 players die from heart related issues every year.

marinermick

I’ll keep out the other but in reference to this… I was sent info on this from a passionate anti vaxer (nothing wrong with that) based on my interest in football. It came from an article written in the UK and posted on Twitter which sent it viral. Basically stated that FIFA registered players were dying of heart related problems and the person that posted associated with vaccinated players. Person has since deleted their tweet, three high profile players they quoted hadn’t been vaccinated and the numbers quoted were consistent with previous numbers from 2014-2018 according to FIFA records. From memory somewhere around 160 players die from heart related issues every year.

Thank for providing context Big Dog. Another example of taking numbers out of context and misrepresentation of facts.

I saw Mitchell Duke posted an example on Twitter of a player who had to retire from heart issues and tried to draw a correlation to vaccines. A quick search showed that this players has had heart issues for years.

marinermick

Article from 2018 and another from early 2020 (before vaccinations):

Wombat

Sounds like TOTAL bullshit. I have never heard of Pro players dying of heart attacks like right now EVER.

pjennings

I have - not only football but League and Union. Usually young players with latent undiagnosed heart weaknesses. I used to play touch football with a guy from Joeys that was on the verge of the emerging Wallabies. Collapsed with a heart attack at around 18. Had to give up hopes of a Union career.

Some details on football related deaths

While you may be referencing the mRNA vaccines a lot of heart conditions are triggered by viruses. i.e. you are much more likely to develop cardiomyopathy or pericarditis as a result of Covid or the flu than a mRNA vaccine and it is likely to be more severe.

Insertnamehere

Heart attack isnt the right word because that suggests myocardial infarct. But there have been cases of footballers dying of a sudden heart dysrythmia.
I think there was someone recently who had a transfer from the ALM but a heart condition was found by the purchasing team.

None of this is related to covid vax though. Its natural variation of the heart.

Edit: Chris Naumoff. Also found that Sergio Aguero retired because of a heart condition. As did Vitor Saba if you remember him

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami