• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 3 v Shambles FC

Tevor

More than anything else we need to support this team....

I read on another thread that 11 players are from our academy in our squad and five of those eleven are locals....

Unlike previous coaches we are not losing badly ... we are competitive...

As everyone has said its our inability to score that's costing us....

My only concern is the number of injuries, especially coming out of training... I assume they are revisiting programs as last year we had a great run...

Anyone got an update on squad injuries ...

Hoping for a decent turn out and facing South Gosford when they need a win...
I'm enjoying watching them play this year despite the results and I can see the Club and Monty's vision with the young players coming through. We are rusted on and can see that, unfortunately the Club relies heavily on results on the field as last season demonstrated with the crowds starting to build up again after many lean years. If we start battling for the spoon again we are back to $3k crowds at games. Results bring the other punters through the gates and is very important to the club.

Monty has had some shocking luck so far, we don't have the depth for numerous injuries to senior players and stupid suspensions in Cup games. The accumulated YC's throughout the season will also be critical.

We have the best young talent in the comp at the moment and they are getting valuable experience however that can be double edged sword.

turbo

My nephew plays NPL and between football and his accounting job earns more than most of the Mariners players.
It would need to be the right person in terms of availability and their financial expectations but still worth a look IMO. The club might even decide they're ok with limited availability for training for that kind of role if the right person is available at a fair price. Maybe we never use them but I dont think we saw enough on the weekend to be confident if Birraz ends up hurt or suspended.

Tevor

It would need to be the right person in terms of availability and their financial expectations but still worth a look IMO. The club might even decide they're ok with limited availability for training for that kind of role if the right person is available at a fair price. Maybe we never use them but I dont think we saw enough on the weekend to be confident if Birraz ends up hurt or suspended.
I'm with you, just don't think the Club will do it. Have we ever made an injury replacement signing? Maybe in the earlier years when the cash was splashed around a bit more. Felt sorry for Yaren, waited so long for a start and only lasts 20mins.

Michael

My nephew plays NPL and between football and his accounting job earns more than most of the Mariners players.

That’s because there simply isn’t enough money in the game in this country and most likely won’t ever be, for a whole host of reasons, to raise the minimum contract wage.
it’s laughable how much NPL clubs pay players (always has been) when there isn’t prize money to justify it or transfer fees. But in saying that, if I was in the position of not quite good enough for pro level I’d be taking advantage of it too.

pjennings

That’s because there simply isn’t enough money in the game in this country and most likely won’t ever be, for a whole host of reasons, to raise the minimum contract wage.
it’s laughable how much NPL clubs pay players (always has been) when there isn’t prize money to justify it or transfer fees. But in saying that, if I was in the position of not quite good enough for pro level I’d be taking advantage of it too.
It's not only the min wage though. It's when you can earn decent money from other sources and then top up with an NPL wage. To cut over from the NPL often means a pay cut. Lujic?? for Vic NPL had a teaching career but was consistently one of the nest strikers in VIC NPL. A few clubs trialled him but it wasn't worth his while.

priorpeter

Still tied to the roar or no?
Yep till Jan. might be willing to move sooner if guaranteed a No2 spot though as haven’t seen him even on the bench for Roar yet. He’s got a guaranteed NPL contract up there too though so may be a moot point.

Ironbark

Im reading some panicky bullshit on here. We should be 9Pts from 9. What is all the bullshit flapping about.
We are 100% competitive on a shoestring budget ( thanks to Pikey)...we should be very happy so far.
Yeah I'm feeling pretty positive about this team myself, and our performances so far.

We'll lose some games due to inexperience no doubt but by george will we also win some crackers. Should be fun

shipwreck

Rumours spooling up that Ruon is gone in Jan, definitely not himself lately so that would make sense.

I can see why everyone is at panic stations, it's natural when u feel like you deserve to win 3 from 3 and instead only have 3 points.

Sadly this is exactly how Okons rein started (I'm not got a second suggesting Monty is another Okon, he is light years ahead), but I do remember us all being like, oh man if only we scored here we would have won this, won that, deserved to win this.

So I think that's why everyone is worried, losing can become a habit whether or not u deserved to win or not.

For some good news, the Sydney forum is actually terrified about playing us based on our game against the BULLs, so thats something

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami