• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2 - WSW v CCM @ Spotless

LFCMariners

Garbage refereeing from Beath.

Out-played WSW all game and deserved a win. To finish with just a point and a man down- after they hacked at CCM all game- is highway robbery...

Better performance than last week however. Passing was tighter and looked far more threatening in front of goal. I'd love to see what they'd be capable of playing like that with a referee in their favour like Beath was in WSW's favour this evening...

Wombat

Spoke to Roux after the game his legs were gone, so needed to be subbed. I would still rather have seen Rosebud at RB.

Id rather me at RB and im nearly 50 and on the low end of the talent spectrum. But at least i can play RB.

Holy

Away from home, down to 10 men, I'll take the point.

The disappointing thing is felt we should of got that one.

A lot to like and take away from that performance, just some wrong decision making in key moments that cost us.

Still some gelling with each other's play/structure needed, that will come.

Brama still looks off the pace, but I reckon as he becomes more accustomed to the Australian way of playing football, his quality will shine through.

Pain still found wanting, needs to step up, another unconvincing performance.

Tommy H was fantastic as was DDS. A lot better performance from Golec this week too.

A disappointing brain snap from Hoole, we look a lot better with him in the team and will miss him next week.

Wombat

I was refitting Wyong Thai Massage today and dealing with tradies and trying to get thee job done quickly which meant i completeley missed the game.
Pissed off and very tired. Can any of you post a review and player rating for me. (I will return the favour next game!)

jpmariner

I was working at Rosehill Race Course till 6pm and thought I'd pop in for the second half. Got to the ground and couldn't buy a ticket. Absolutely furious. Yes I should've bought online but still. Would've love to see that goal live!!

Add another twist to it. I'm working in Perth next week 10 minutes walk from the ground right up till the final whistle will blow!
Can't catch a break!!

Ozhammer

Even Zelic said at one stage when he was getting a yellow out of his pocket that he (Beath) thinks the crowd has turned up to watch him.

Says it all really
Beath loves the sound of his own whistle unfortunately. But for him there was a danger of a game of football breaking out! :doh:

Solid performance from the boys against a well drilled and talent-filled opponent, so I will take the point and it gives us something to build on.

Just need to stop conceding sloppy goals and top six beckons this season imo. As far as I am concerned though Pain needs to rediscover what pine feels like to sit on for 90 minutes. The bloke is so far from where the team needs him to be, that I can only conclude that he has incriminenting photos of PO in his locker. Needed to be subbed off for the second week in a row for mine. :soapbox:

Ancient Mariner

Many here will not remember back in 1983 (FFS 34 years ago) when Australia finally took the America's cup. My memory is suspect but I think it was after the third race when Australia scared the shit out of the yanks when Australia had a crewman up the mast trying to fix a halyard and we nearly beat them.

At the post race interview the defending skipper Dennis Connor stated that if ever the Australian boat got its act together they would be unbeatable.

I feel we are in a similar place.

For those of you with no history the Australian boat got its act together and wiped the floor with the yanks.

Looking good.

true believer

brama is fine . make a call on him in a months time

golec held his position .well done after last weeks fiasco . looks like there was some talk at the back

haji and astro man are worth every cent

beath was not hopeless . missed a clear pen for us , risdon should have been in the shed .
467% better than last week

stormy looked gassed to me . although i did panic as soon as mcging's name was mentioned

appiah will do me in perth a quality 10 minutes

it was a good confidence building point . i think the lads will hand out some beatings this year

tally ho and on to perth , 3 points me thinks

Ancient Mariner

I was refitting Wyong Thai Massage today and dealing with tradies and trying to get thee job done quickly which meant i completeley missed the game.
Pissed off and very tired. Can any of you post a review and player rating for me. (I will return the favour next game!)

Ok Wombles a very brief summary without the benefit of a replay.

Glover: Good solid display, good distribution, sent it long when necessary, played it short when possible. One bad mistake going for a low cross that he couldn't get in the slippery conditions which gave them their 2nd. He has a voice.
6 points.
Roux: A massive improvement over McGing. Knows how to play the position and was always in position in attack and could have been used more. No problems with him getting back when he had to. A good performance.
6 points
Rose: Solid without being brilliant, duffed a shot on goal but like Roux positioned himself well and worked well. I wish he were 5 years younger.
6 points
Baro: A good leader's role at the back. Good defending and organisation.
7 points
Golic: Massive improvement, some awesome tackles.
7 points
Overall the defence was organised and caught the drive bus offside a million times. Totally different to last week.
Pain: Seemed to have lost his mojo from early last season. Got clear on the keeper, had Asdrubal beside him, could have slammed it in the back of the net, could have dribbled round the keeper, could have passed to Asdrubal for a tap in, but gently played it straight at the keeper. A real Kwassy (when he had time) moment.
5 points
Hoole: A great talent to be developed, massive enthusiasm the boils over and gets him into trouble (as was shown). Has more to offer than our other wingers in that he will quite happily come inside or play inside. Not scared to try things rather than just playing down the line and crossing. Will be good.
6 points, could have been more but he was a dickhead.
Brama: Looking better, good defensively and a 100% improvement on last week. Still finding his feet. But I am confident.
6 points.
Tommy H: Awesome controlled the game. He was a great link between defence and attack. Played both DM and AM as was needed. Pure quality.
8 points.
DDS: Looks like being our best signing ever. This kid is quality and class. Like Tommy controlled the game but more as an AM. Has the potential to be one of Australia's best. Hope we can hold him for a while.
8 points, m.o.m.
Asdrubal: a true striker, always in position, a good game, great poachers goal. We will see some good things from this man.
7 points.

Overall we held possession and played them through the middle. Great passing and great movement. The ball was kept on the ground rather than high crosses.

I have thought Okon was a great believer in "Ange ball". I definitely saw lots of similarities to the great Roar years tonight.

When our midfield and attack get to know each other better we will shred anyone.

The only cloud is lack of depth.

Last edited:

true believer

Ok Wombles a very brief summary without the benefit of a replay.

Glover: Good solid display, good distribution, sent it long when necessary, played it short when possible. One bad mistake going for a low cross that he couldn't get in the slippery conditions which gave them their 2nd. He has a voice.
6 points.
Roux: A massive improvement over McGing. Knows how to play the position and was always in position in attack and could have been used more. No problems with him getting back when he had to. A good performance.
6 points
Rose: Solid without being brilliant, cuffed a shot on goal but like Roux positioned himself well and worked well. I wish he were 5 years younger.
6 points
Baro: A good leader's role at the back. Good defending and organisation.
7 points
Golic: Massive improvement, some awesome tackles.
7 points
Overall the defence was organised and could the drive bus offside a million times. Totally different to last week.
Pain: Seemed to have lost his mojo from early last season. Got clear on the keeper, had Asdrubal beside him, could have slammed it in the back of the net, dribbled round the keeper, could have passed to Asdrubal for a tap in, but gently played it straight at the keeper. A real Kwassy (when he had time) moment.
5 points
Hoole: A great talent to be developed, massive enthusiasm the boils over and gets him into trouble (as was shown). Has more to offer than our other wingers in that he will quite happily come inside or play inside. Not scared to try things more than just playing down the line and crossing. Will be good.
6 points, could have been more but he was a dickhead.
Brama: Looking better, good defensively and a 100% improvement on last week. Still finding his feet. But I am confident.
6 points.
Tommy H: Awesome controlled the game. He was a great link between defence and attack. Played both DM and Am as was needed. Pure quality.
8 points.
DDS: Looks like being our best signing ever. This kid is quality and class. Like Tommy controlled the game but more as and AM. Has the potential to be one of Australia's best. Hope we can hold him for a while.
8 points, m.o.m.
Asdrubal: a true striker, always in position, a good game, great poachers goal. We will see some good things from this man.
7 points.

Overall we held possession and played them through the middle. Great passing and great movement. The ball was kept on the ground rather than high crosses.

I have thought Okon was a great believer in "Ange ball". I definitely saw lots of similarities to the great Roar years tonight.

When our midfield and attack get to know each other better we will shred anyone.

The only cloud is lack of depth.

quality post
pain and okon need a night out and smoke some pot and have a good laugh

Big Al

Unlike last week the whole 90 minutes worth watching.
We had a better tempo and WSW tried to wait for a mistake and counter. Lucky we caught them offside 9/10 times.
We scored two great goals,
Also gave away a stupid penalty and a silly mistake that we have been giving away for years to loose the 3 points.
Ancient nailed individual performances, we had an attack full of variety
Storm was ignored way to often on the right, backs looked shaky got got better as the game went on.
We need to have possession so we don't have to defend

Pain was what the defence was last week

Wombat

So if pain was garbage this week and Appiah was garbage last week. What do we need to see...... Hoole and Budgie?

Big Al

So if pain was garbage this week and Appiah was garbage last week. What do we need to see...... Hoole and Budgie?
Budgie wasn't even in the squad and Hoole suspended next week, will be awhile before you see that combo

Hoole is a lock for the season but Left side is up for grabs

Tevor

Brama is building and you can see his class in tight areas as he keeps possession well he also kept Roly pretty quiet tonight. He seems to be coping some criticism but take him out of the game and WSW dominate us. He is a no frills player who will have the occasional outstanding moment but is a work horse IMO and holds us together.

Big improvement by Golec with some great tackles and a few very good passes and I can see why Paolo likes him in his team as he has pretty good vision for a CB.

Bingham a disappointment again when he came on by not really taking his opportunities again. Maybe time to give Powell a crack at sub Striker. Hard to get excited when he comes on which is not what you want for your strikers substitute.

Hooley Dooley added a lot to the attack and frees up DDS, unfortunately I didn't pick him for most red cards. He just needs to take it down a notch and he will be a good pick up.

Happy with the point but feel we played well enough to win the game which shows we bounced back as required after last week.

DDS is going to really light up the HAL this year so well done Paolo for bring him to the coast. I was expecting DDS to take more time to stand out but the Fox dim wits were salivating about him tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred