• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 2: Mariners v Nix

style_cafe

It`s nearly the end of the week so we need a game thread.

The Nix showed real character last week having having a 1-1 draw with Adelaide despite being down to only 10 men for over half the game.
In Ufuk Talay they have a coach that knows how to produce a disciplined defensive system as well as an attack that produces the odd goal or two.
Having missed last weeks game at Lake Gosford our guys will need to hit the ground running.
I`m sure they`ll be "champing at the bit" to get out and kick the season off.
Wellington have been a hard team to get results against in the past few seasons but i`m tipping a narrow win... :popcorn:

shipwreck

Historically we play shit there and get dragged down to playing boring, windy, cold, wet football.

In saying that, I think we can win this

JoyfulPenguin

Phoenix were very dangerous on the counter against Adelaide but even before the send off were playing very defensively. Hopefully Beni/Silvera and can find a way to break them down.

They will be a very tough side to break down and can see this match very quickly devolving into endless transiton football. This should at the very least suit Michael Ruhs.

Should be a good test for Kaltak, John and or Windust. Is Triantis going to be away with the Young Socceroos for this one?

shipwreck

Phoenix were very dangerous on the counter against Adelaide but even before the send off were playing very defensively. Hopefully Beni/Silvera and can find a way to break them down.

They will be a very tough side to break down and can see this match very quickly devolving into endless transiton football. This should at the very least suit Michael Ruhs.

Should be a good test for Kaltak, John and or Windust. Is Triantis going to be away with the Young Socceroos for this one?
Yes

Michael

The Nix are a weird side. Average backline with only Wooton and sometimes Sail the stand outs. But they attack pretty well for the most part, especially on the counter. Ben Waine is the most underrated striker in the comp IMO. Their visa boys Kraev and Zawada looked the goods and will be fitter this week, other than that I think we beat them. No garang sub impact is annoying but we still have more than enough going forward.

Corsair

We're going to be well up for this, total destruction, 4-1. Let the beasts loose after a long off season, if we monster this the first home game will be huge and we need that. Only Oli Sail can save them, he is a good keeper. They played well against Perth, thought they'd collapse and they do have home advantage, but we're a coiled spring after so much downtime and have many goal scorers with a point to prove. Unleash months of anticipation and destroy them.

Charlie1

Are the boys travelling today as a mate seen them at the airport. Is it unusual going a couple days before the game

Wombat

I got $2.90 for the win. $50 wager placed. I also bet on us v Perth getting $2.10. I'm tipping the price will shorten after we show the AL what we are made of against Nix.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred