• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 14 Local Thread

Alicia

Gosford WAA52's beat Doylason 2-0..... still equal top with thuggerah, opps, i mean tuggerah :p

Ranyen

Alicia said:
Gosford WAA52's beat Doylason 2-0..... still equal top with thuggerah, opps, i mean tuggerah :p

We don't really care being called that. The Girls actually had a good laugh when I informed them about 3 months ago.

Glad we had a win this week - still isn't as good as our 12-0 win last week. :)

Also, we still have a game in hand where as Gosford 2 doesn't, so the table might change after we play that...

J

jiggles

Ranyen said:
We don't really care being called that. The Girls actually had a good laugh when I informed them about 3 months ago.

I wont lie...I can't move my arm properly, and another girl has a possible dislocated jaw and fractured cheek bone...haha you guys really live up to the name!

Melsy - One step

Ranyen said:
Alicia said:

Glad we had a win this week - still isn't as good as our 12-0 win last week. :)

Also, we still have a game in hand where as Gosford 2 doesn't, so the table might change after we play that...

You are very lucky your Keeper is so good, you have some lovely girls in your team but you have some rough ones as well.

As far as WAA5 goes I really don't understand the roughness there are a few teams that are pretty rough and actually sometimes pretty dangerous I suppose it's just a matter of time before someone is really seriously hurt.

And as for the extra game to play we are well aware of that and we will just wait and see what happens.

FFC Mariner

kanewillow said:
no matter what grade your there for the win and if ruff stuff gets u the win thats the way u play

Football is a contact sport.......with no linespersons, anything on the refs blindside is fair game I would expect.

Keep it up Tuggerah ladies - one day some CCM might catch on too.

marinermick

I also have no problems with the physicality but it is the bad sportpersonship propergated by their coach that riles me.

Ted

Oh I can vouch its a contact sport, lol... 3 weeks to go in this cast plus 2 more after that solid rehab :(  aiming for the last 2 rounds of my AA6 and 35C comps for my return  :-\

J

jiggles

kanewillow said:
there is a difference between ruff stuff and dirty

This is true. Being rough though to cover for lack of skills isn't a good thing tho...

T

Melsy - One step said:
As far as WAA5 goes I really don't understand the roughness there are a few teams that are pretty rough and actually sometimes pretty dangerous I suppose it's just a matter of time before someone is really seriously hurt.

And as for the extra game to play we are well aware of that and we will just wait and see what happens.

A serious injury has already occured.... or is a broken collar bone not considered serious??

I have no objection to hard play... and have been known to put in a few hard tackles myself. But there is a line. We aren't exactly a girly girl team.

Kareem

and here i was thinking football was a game of skill and strategy  ::)
good work living up to the Aussie stereotype on this thread guys  :thumbup:
:tv: :popcorn:

FFC Mariner

Kareem said:
and here i was thinking football was a game of skill and strategy  ::)
good work living up to the Aussie stereotype on this thread guys  :thumbup:
:tv: :popcorn:

Oh dear..........

You are correct of course, only australians play football hard. The Italians, Germans, most S Americans and the UK sides never, ever try to impose themselves physically on other sides do they?

FFS

Kareem

lol
where did I say 'ONLY'?
Few english members on these forums and very little of other nationalities (ie. itlaians, greeks and south americans)- and we consider ourselves Aussie, this is an Aussie forum...so a comment on the posts wasnt really out of place...
I would have made the same comment about 'Italian' stereotypes if on an Italian forum etc.
Actually I believe I may have done that on here before regardless

Kareem

Wyong vs Ourimbah
Reserve Grade
An embattled Ourimbah side visited Wyong on Sunday. Following the success from last week with the extremely effective formula of youth coupled with experience, the team headed to the changing rooms to prepare whilst sweating ever so much over the fitness test of our new star sweeper.
Alas disappointment echoed onto the teamsheet with our hopes intermittingly dashed, as he painfully had to rule himself out due to injury.
I was the first to hear of the news from the man himself, who held back his tears to tell me in a brave and composed manner that he couldnt play, that the team would have to go on without him.
They called him Smithy!
It was then and there, that something truly magical was about to occur. We were going to win this one for Smithy!
Our new talisman up front, our veteran Italian import (cough) scored the first goal with a well taken cross from the left wing, chipping the keeper. His celebration said it all, pointing to the sky, surely in memory of Smithy!
The defence fought hard keeping them out for the remainder of the first half, whilst our attack scored from a well taken counter attack. Surely Smithy would have been smiling now!
Midway through the second half Smithys absence was evident, as we conceded from a freekick, but it for Wyong it was to no avail, as we valiantly held on for our first back to back wins this season.
To show how extraordinary Smithys defensive ability and organisation is you just cant go past the statistics. No team in this league has been able to score, let alone test our keeper with Smithy marshalling our backline.
Get well soon, Smithy!

Kareem

So yea, 2-1 win with 3 over35s players scoring...aint that great?
We had our manager (whom i was informed is 43 for statistical purposes :p) come on late as a striker as well as one of our players (18 yrs old) dads. Unfortunately the son is injured for season so couldnt play alongside him (that would have been good to see). I can see very much where Reece gets his grit from ;)

and 1st grade...A WIN! 3-2 come from behind twice. WOW! Against 3rd place as well. And guess what we didnt play any 'better' than most of the season IMO, just stayed strong at the end. Good mental performance by our guys. Good signs ahead of next season

And our coach (veteran italian import) 2 goals from 2 games- equal top scorer in ressies. I'm still laughing...

He was gloating after last weeks penalty...
and then he scores a pretty decent goal- he probably wont shutup tonight :p

If he makes it 3 from 3 I might just eat my jersey

Ranyen

T said:
A serious injury has already occured.... or is a broken collar bone not considered serious??

That was the players fault, not tuggerah's fault. If she didn't try to take out our goalie by diving on her, she wouldn't of hit the ground & broken her collarbone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred