• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 mariners v scum

Ads

Will be very interesting to see if Hall has proven he can jump over Tonj in the pecking order.

And DDS has experience but where does he fit in these first couple of rounds.
(I liked him better when he was CM with more room to move forward and pass)
As we have seen he runs out of room and dances when further up the pitch.

And is Boumann available

Pirate Pete

Is Bouman fit?
Weren't you the one who said he was injured the other week?

I can see it being a very small crowd.
Look at today's forecast. Showers. It's pissing down.
Forecast isn't much better for NYE.

So, it seems foxsports are not doing their usual article leading up to games.
No team news, broadcast info etc.
Another cost cutting measure?

Forum Phoenix

Would love to see Dan Hall get a start here. Throw him in for the derby, he will be itching for it and will surprise a few I think. Same goes for Hatch, who could potentially develop into a crowd favourite.
After watching Hatch rip Weston into a thousand bloody pieces with his speed I was so keen to see him get some game time last season. Especially when Clisby’s brain went on leave, but guess he was still deemed too raw.

Anyone watched him training with the first team or in trial games this year? How’s he been progressing?

pinklady

After watching Hatch rip Weston into a thousand bloody pieces with his speed I was so keen to see him get some game time last season. Especially when Clisby’s brain went on leave, but guess he was still deemed too raw.

Anyone watched him training with the first team or in trial games this year? How’s he been progressing?
No where near ready for first team although his attitude is a lot better than last year. Will probably get a run as we have the bare minimum numbers.
I would be surprised if Bouman is available. **Edit** told tonight that Boumann is fit and available
I would think that Nigro, DDS and Matty may start with the bench being all scholarship/youth lads.

Last edited:

pjennings

I really would like to know what formation we have played in pre-season. To me' looking at the squad we seem to be best suited to 4-4-2 - but we won't have all our squad for NYE. Staj probably is thinking quite differently.

I wouldn't start Hall or Nigro though their introduction will come - but in defence I want the team to be familiar with each other before new players are added. On the wings DDS with his tricks and Hatch with his speed should cause an older Jets defence some problems. Up front Simon comes in for what will normally be Urena's spot.

---------------Birighitti
Miller-----Tongyik---Rowles-----Clisby
------------Nisbet----Bozanic--------
De Silva-------------------------Hatch
----------Simon-------Kuol------------

Bench: Pearce, Hall, Nigro, Stensness, Tsekenis, Smylie. Ballard.

Jonata and Urena are both here apparently and should both be in consideration for game 3. But please some more defensive cover.

marinermick

A-League 2020/21

Thursday, 31 December 2020
Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
Kick-Off:
7:05pm (Local) (7:05pm (AEDT))
Referee: Stephen Lucas
Assistant Referee 1: Ryan Gallagher
Assistant Referee 2: James Cleal
Fourth Official: Kurt Ams
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 7:00pm (AEDT), Sky Sport 7 (New Zealand), Kayo Sports (www.kayosports.com.au) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers

Radio Broadcast: Coast FM 96.3