• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Roar Rumours

midfielder

The drums are beating with strong local rumours being [I am told] pretty strong tonight, it looks to be all over for the Bakries who appear to have thrown in the towel and handed the franchise back to the FFA today.

Roy Law

We are always hearing of the financial difficulties of the Mariners; the franchise that should not exist because it is too small. But, have we ever been owned by FFA? Have we ever returned our licence? WSW (obviously), Perth, Adelaide, the Roar, Gold Coast are among some of the clubs whose existence owes/owed much to the intervention of FFA. I am not sure if the Jets ever did, but it came very close.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Weren't we the first to turn a profit?
Regardless, not good news for the Roar. I don't wish difficulties on any club. Had no idea they were struggling.

MagpieMariner

Possibly even worse news -- Aloisi appointed as next season coach. Hope he's improved since his time at City. I do hope he does well, I like him, but a good player doesn't necessarily make a good coach.

UnitedsNo9

I disagree. I know he didn't get a win in his first 17 games (which is massive really). Though, I thought they were one of the best teams to watch in the league in terms of style of football. They also created heaps of opportunities. Williams had a shocking first half of the season missing multiple chances to score, but he came good after Aloisi left. Mifsud was woeful and couldn't score in the 1000 odd chances he had. And of course Orlando getting injured straight off the plane was very unlucky.

You could say that Mifsud was poor recruiting, that Williams was better coached after Aloisi left. Though Engelaar was most certainly a boss signing as he dominated when he came back from the leg break. And for the two strikers I don't know what else a gaffer has to do for a striker other than to ensure they are being given every possible chance to score - which I believe they were.

MagpieMariner

You make some good points, especially Mifsud & Williams. I note that Williams didn't have a brilliant season this year, although I wouldn't mind seeing him with CCM. Perhaps Engelaar made the difference for Williams after Aloisi left, not better coaching. This last season the coaching was the same and Engelaar wasn't there. Who knows.
Certainly what you say has given me reason to revise my opinion of Aloisi's coaching. I really hope he does well (but not as well as Walmsley).

UnitedsNo9

Agreed, I would like to see him do well. If he can get a couple of good signings will be interesting to see how he goes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred