• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

onto it

He might get some token minutes to cap him but I’d put money on him being bought in as a long term prospect like Genreau is. Look at the guys in front of Stens at DM / CM and most are 27+ while he’s only 22. Similar for defenders and he showed with NZ he can fill in there if needed.

He just needs to keep kicking on and bide his time and he’ll be next in line to replace Mooy, Irvine, Jeggo, etc..
I'll take that bet. Mine is that he will make an immediate impact - has no peers in his role.
He's turned around the fortunes of his Norway club and is improving rapidly so he'll fit in well.

turbo

I'll take that bet. Mine is that he will make an immediate impact - has no peers in his role.
He's turned around the fortunes of his Norway club and is improving rapidly so he'll fit in well.
I just don’t see GA putting that kind of faith in him. Might get 15ish minutes to cap him but otherwise he will stick with the established players. I don’t disagree that he could do a job I just don’t think he will get the chance to stake his claim so soon.

pjennings

I just don’t see GA putting that kind of faith in him. Might get 15ish minutes to cap him but otherwise he will stick with the established players. I don’t disagree that he could do a job I just don’t think he will get the chance to stake his claim so soon.
I agree with that - but our mids are all way too similar - there is no-one with grunt like Grella or Jedinak. I think he needs to be tried in the squad and given opportunities before the World Cup (assuming we make it) because there just isn't that sort of player in the squad at the moment. It is all very well having 'pretty' players in the midfield - but someone has to do the dirty work - especially against better teams.

Blood him at the end of the Saudi game and/or the China game. Then maybe start him at home against Vietnam in January.

sydmariner

onto it

I agree with that - but our mids are all way too similar - there is no-one with grunt like Grella or Jedinak. I think he needs to be tried in the squad and given opportunities before the World Cup (assuming we make it) because there just isn't that sort of player in the squad at the moment. It is all very well having 'pretty' players in the midfield - but someone has to do the dirty work - especially against better teams.

Blood him at the end of the Saudi game and/or the China game. Then maybe start him at home against Vietnam in January.
I agree. I've recently rewatched the Japan game and can't believe how pussy footed the team was.

Staj was one who could see the Jedi in Stenz. I think GA does too. They both know their footballers.

MrCelery

I've watched all the Saudi games so far. We're going to be at the very top of our game to beat them. While their defence is nothing special, their top half is very 'Brazilian', sharp, tricky, and willing to shoot from any range with venom. If we play like we did against Japan, slow and cumbersome, we're in for a long night.

scottmac

Suspended
Have to say the interviewer who's name escapes me that does the pitch side interviews with coaches and team is spot on. Quite happy with the pre game coverage and with time I'm sure we'll see some more quality in the panel.

scottmac

Suspended
We're playing very very well. The team looks very balanced to me. We don't have a striker that could do a better job that leckie here. Subs will be interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami