• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

sydmariner

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turbo

It was disappointing how little we had in transition and we failed to ask questions of the Japanese defence because of the slow buildup. That might work against some lower ranked counties but it clearly didn’t against a better opposition.

Tevor

It was disappointing how little we had in transition and we failed to ask questions of the Japanese defence because of the slow buildup. That might work against some lower ranked counties but it clearly didn’t against a better opposition.
I found the slow build up so frustrating, in the first half the great chance for Taggart come from quick ball movement and running at them. Behich schooled all game and really looked well below standards in this game, we must not have a replacement as he deserved to be hooked. Midfield was hustled out of the game and struggled to keep the ball or move it forward. What was Sains doing on their second goal, no pressure he pretty much just watched the Japanese player. We looked slow and fatigued and probably not surprising after the Oman game and travel. Hopefully just a small speed bump, a draw would have been a fantastic result.

FFC Mariner

I think they got exactly what they deserved for that performance. Arnoldball at its absolute worst. Behich, Mooy and Rogic were awful. We had no midfield to speak of with those 2 in it.
I initially thought that Taggart just had a shocker - when Mabil came on he was invisible as well. No one got close to giving him a chance. Taggart had 1 and missed.
Dukey ought to have started, happy to drop deep to win the ball and has energy.

Ironbark

We were sluggish and Japan had everything at stake and I think this was the difference in the end.
I agree and think we had the wrong starting 11 (midfield mostly) and lack dynamism, speed and flow. Shame Mooy wasn't fully fit, he was my MoM and the only player Japan really respected.

I know we feared the counter but we needed to up the tempo at the very least. We would have scored if we did.

A bit of bad luck on the last goal, but in reality we'd had a lot of good luck with a few others not going in and/or saved.

pjennings

I think they got exactly what they deserved for that performance. Arnoldball at its absolute worst. Behich, Mooy and Rogic were awful. We had no midfield to speak of with those 2 in it.
I initially thought that Taggart just had a shocker - when Mabil came on he was invisible as well. No one got close to giving him a chance. Taggart had 1 and missed.
Dukey ought to have started, happy to drop deep to win the ball and has energy.
Mooy was playing on the left with Hrustic is the middle. I don't think we should be starting Hrustic and Rogic together against stronger teams. When they do Hrustic plays deeper and loses the ball putting us under immediate pressure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami