• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

pjennings

Live I thought he got hit on his left arm next to his body outside the box. The ball made it through and then hit his right arm inside the box. The shot they kept playing from behind the goal made it look a lot worse.

true believer

Live I thought he got hit on his left arm next to his body outside the box. The ball made it through and then hit his right arm inside the box. The shot they kept playing from behind the goal made it look a lot worse.
im with you as no pen . but full stadium as syd said "grant was lucky "

Wombat

Far from convincing.
Happy for Grant to get his first goal, he is a great little player.
Grant was a bit lucky with the handball......the shot from behind looked conclusive.
Vietnam's defence was dreadful at times.
Mitch's finish was clinical and he looks like he could play in the Championship in UK and earn big bucks.

booney

Dire pitch and dire game as a spectacle but good result.Perhaps lucky with non penalty decision but good on the ref( he must have been told Grant is a SFC player and Arnie ex SFC coach and VAR always favours SFC-that's why he took a long time to make his decision as needed translating).

Taggart is crap-Duke looked a lot better as the CF though he came on when the Vietnam defenders were tiring.

Tevor

Dire pitch and dire game as a spectacle but good result.Perhaps lucky with non penalty decision but good on the ref( he must have been told Grant is a SFC player and Arnie ex SFC coach and VAR always favours SFC-that's why he took a long time to make his decision as needed translating).

Taggart is crap-Duke looked a lot better as the CF though he came on when the Vietnam defenders were tiring.
Yeah Taggart has not looked much chop in either game to be honest. Was not a great football spectacle however that is what you have to do to qualify and I thought we looked very composed and Matt only had to make one decent save all game. It is a pass mark and three points and no need to dwell on it. That Japan loss first round has made things more comfortable now we have taken the expected 6 points from 6. It's down to 4 now with the Saudi's 2 from 2 and Japan and Oman still in the mix. China and Vietnam will just be nuisance teams now and may cause the odd upset. I see Japan only beat China 1 - 0.

Officiating in both games so far has been pretty good in my opinion with not a lot of YC's which is a great result so far. I think they got the handball decision right as there was too much doubt and not enough to be an obvious error and it was good to see a Ref stick by his initial decision. If the Ref had called it a Pen in general play then I feel the decision would have stayed a Pen on the same basis. Just shows how with the VAR the Ref's original decision in general play is crucial unless it's in the A League and against CCM where the Ref's are clearly bullied by the VAR to change their decision. It was a great example of how the VAR should work even though it took a long time to make the decision.

turbo

Going to need to be on for that one. They held the Saudi's to 1-0 overnight and showed plenty of willingness to counter hard and fast against Japan. Vietnam broke a few times but Oman will be looking to be more aggressive than that.

Yeah Taggart has not looked much chop in either game to be honest
I dont blame Taggart for the effort last night. IMO the problem was behind him, Rogic & Mabil both had pretty poor games and as a result there was little attacking service. How both managed to avoid being hooked despite being gassed is beyond me.

Omni

Don't see why NSW wouldn't grant an exemption with strict conditions. What are they going to do? Bring COVID to Sydney?
Pretty bad politically when you’re banning citizens from returning and not letting people see their dying loved ones.

true believer

Far from convincing.
Happy for Grant to get his first goal, he is a great little player.
Grant was a bit lucky with the handball......the shot from behind looked conclusive.
Vietnam's defence was dreadful at times.
Mitch's finish was clinical and he looks like he could play in the Championship in UK and earn big bucks.
good call, he certainly has the strength required . lets hope for the kid

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred