• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

RIP David Bowie

midfielder

We have lost one of the all time greats ....hard to pick a song for me, Major Tom and Heroes are my pick however that is almost an insult to his song book...

dibo

Probably be less insulting if you knew the actual name of the songs that 'Major Tom' appears in (you're probably meaning Space Oddity, but I'm only guessing).

Atomic

My favourite album is The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust. When I was at uni, I used to put that record on as I was going to bed and fall asleep to it.

Bowie was a cornerstone of my high school days as well. All my mates were into his music. His death today brought back a lot of memories, mostly good, but some bad. Such is the life of a teenager I suppose. I would not swap my time back then for the world.

Rowdy

Vale to the 'Starman' now residing amongst them. David Bowie RIP.

'China Girl' he co-wrote with luminary Iggy Pop, re-recorded & re-released in 1983 - with legendary Stevie Ray Vaughan playing lead.

That 'Oriental riff' morphing into modern blues & the sound of SRV on that Fender Strat, was one of my favourites.

The 'Faaat Bass-line ' of 'Let's Dance', played nice and loud just hits you in the chest.

What stood out for me with Bowie was the evolution of his songwriting.

His Discography, with its immense diversity over the decades (which many artists old and new fail to do) , even right up till his final days, will be just one of the highlights of his legacy.

greenlig

He looked forward without fear, and was excited by change. We're better for his presence, and the world is emptier for his passing. Hearing Space Oddity for the first time as a kid in rural Tassie is something I'll never forget.

This interview has really stuck with me. Holy shit we need more voices like this in the world. He knew the sublime.

midfielder

This is not one of his better known ... but shows IMO his talent as an actor as well as a singer as he talks most of the song... lol could even be about Newcastle or RL players on a night out. best to listen to it all changes tempo around the minute mark ...

Gratis

This is not one of his better known ... but shows IMO his talent as an actor as well as a singer as he talks most of the song... lol could even be about Newcastle or RL players on a night out. best to listen to it all changes tempo around the minute mark ...

i was just thinking last night about this song and maybe 2 others of his songs that i don't know all that well (i know that sounds like an exaggeration but it's really not - a week after his death and i'm still stinging. this is the only person whom i've never met that I've truly mourned). Some great stuff said already, and like others here bowie was really a fundamental influence for me over the years.

Farewell, Changer.

Attachments

• boweie colours.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members