• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Respect

MrCelery

Had to be said. Not enough credit where it's due:

Respect.jpg

Muppet

I have to totally agree. They all make a fantastic team. I have to admit that I was a big, big sceptic of Graham Arnold and was rather displeased when he signed with the club. Things have certainly changed and credit needs to be given to him.

I for one pilloried him when he was in charge of the Socceroos but I think with the benefit of hindsight you tend to see things differently. At the time he was national coach the FFA was a basket case and had no money (yes even worse than now) meaning that Arnie did not have the funds to do what he would like to have done. fast forward to Holgar, his wages and the support staff he has and you sense that if Graham had the same resources he probably would have done just as well.

Yes he was hammered for the Olyroos but again I think it was unfair to expect him to gel a team in the time he had.

You never seem to hear Graham speak out of turn, unlike Robbie Slater et al. What happens behind closed doors seems to stay there with Graham, even it would seem to his detriment. I think his time with a club has shown Graham for what he is. An astute tactician who genuinely cares for the players welfare, mentors the younger members well and has the respect of everyone in the club. If given the opportunity I think that any young footballer looking to progress their career would probably jump at the chance to be coached by him.

Phil Moss is a perfect Assistant and should Graham move on I think would be given every opportunity to prove himself at the A League level. I have heard him speak many times and he is always articulate and very knowledgeable on the game.

With John Crawley we have the best goal keeping coach in the league. I wouldn't waste my breath on Kalac. The improvements that he made to Vukovic, who IMO has gone down hill since he left us were fantastic. And now look what he has done to Matt Ryan. The man knows his stuff.

Lets hope we can keep them together for a few more years yet.

pjennings

With John Crawley we have the best goal keeping coach in the league. I wouldn't waste my breath on Kalac. The improvements that he made to Vukovic, who IMO has gone down hill since he left us were fantastic. And now look what he has done to Matt Ryan. The man knows his stuff.

I spoke to Bozza soon after he joined us. He not only rated John as the best goalkeeping coach in Australia but as a keeper. To paraphrase him - he thought that if John had gone the European route rather than the South American one then he would have challenged, Schwarzer, Kalac and himself for the Socceroos.

style_cafe

I agree with the sentiments voiced above.However,suitable kudos should also be given to Clarkey.
The fitness level of our lads is beyond question.
How many lost time injuries have we had in the past two seasons?
The only blemish in two years is Griffith dehydrating in the GF but how much of that is with the player?.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred