• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Registered soccer clubs

neverwozza

I was just checking out the budgie training pics on the 442 site and am very jealous at the state of their ground. I grew up across the road from our local leagues club and the oval was always in great condition. They had 3 greenkeepers looking after 2 bowling greens, a turf wicket, 3 hockey fields and a football oval. The club had big picture windows in the corner (it was called schooner corner) overlooking all the sporting fields and my dads generation basically used to watch their kids and all the grades from up there in between putting on bets at the tab. All this was paid for by the dreaded one armed bandits but at least it was going to good use (not mismanged by a corrupt nsw political party). New to the coast but does anyone know how budgie got its clubhouse up & running and how diificult it was or is to do. I understand that times have changed somewhat and the pokies aren't the bottomless pit of money they used to be but surely a well run clubhouse could at least afford one fulltime greenkeeper to maintain a ground.

neverwozza

I forgot to mention that if we had hasbeen and his mate as members we would be able to afford 2 greeenkeepers.

marinermick

neverwozza said:
I was just checking out the budgie training pics on the 442 site and am very jealous at the state of their ground. I grew up across the road from our local leagues club and the oval was always in great condition. They had 3 greenkeepers looking after 2 bowling greens, a turf wicket, 3 hockey fields and a football oval. The club had big picture windows in the corner (it was called schooner corner) overlooking all the sporting fields and my dads generation basically used to watch their kids and all the grades from up there in between putting on bets at the tab. All this was paid for by the dreaded one armed bandits but at least it was going to good use (not mismanged by a corrupt nsw political party). New to the coast but does anyone know how budgie got its clubhouse up & running and how diificult it was or is to do. I understand that times have changed somewhat and the pokies aren't the bottomless pit of money they used to be but surely a well run clubhouse could at least afford one fulltime greenkeeper to maintain a ground.

Growing up in Newcastle grounds like Budgie were just par for course. We had the pleasure of playing on some wonderful facilities built and maintained for by council money, assisted by the clubs themselves.

Congratulations to Budgie as even in these tough economic times they are continuing to make ground improvements and infrastructure changes.

Unfortunately the rest of the clubs have to rely on the Council and have to put up with some disgraceful facilities as Ourimbah, Gosford and Umina.

J

jiggles

The Ourimbah pitch makes me cry...and gets some shocking bug issues in warmer weather. Its disgusting...and Gavenlock is just shit. The goal mouths turn into a mudpit in the tiniest rain, and have seen a few players f**k their ankles and knees in the holes all over the pitch.

dibo

budgie is private land too, while the gavenlock is not. a registered club is not going to be built and then finance development on a ground that belongs to the public. a registered club also wouldn't be built *there* - for a start it's completely flood prone, for seconds it's surrounded by houses on the surrounding hills and there is no meaningful public transport nearby.

FFC Mariner

Actually, Umina with the huge holes and patches of beach does take a bit of beating but for all round epic shitness, Tuggerah (2009 version) gets my vote.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred