• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Real football ?

Arabmariner

Had the house and telly to myself today for a change and as I was browsing through the sports channels (as you do) came across a Setanta Cup match between Bohemians Dublin and Lindfied.

While the game lacked a little bit of class  ;) I actually found myself really enjoying it.No frills football, lots of effort and passion as well as a not huge but very vocal crowd.Only thing wrong was the perfectly good but unused terracing behind the goals. ???

There are times when I've been watching far more technical and skillful leagues like the Portuguese, French ,J-league etc and yet find them so boring I've switched over or off.

Maybe the Irish game was just closer to the bread and butter football that most fans watch every week.I mean for every Messi,Ronaldo or Rooney out there there must be hundreds of plodders playing professionally every week.

Anyway that was only the first leg of the Irish game.......looking forward to the 2nd leg now.

Real football ftw.......... :popcorn:

dibo

I'm sure Linfield are made more than welcome south of the border too.

*cough*

Hmmm...

Paolo

Enjoyed watching Yeovil v Leeds last night on fox at a nice time of 9:30pm, quite like Huish Park (well three sides of it anyway)

Tassiemariner

Paolo said:
Enjoyed watching Yeovil v Leeds last night on fox at a nice time of 9:30pm, quite like Huish Park (well three sides of it anyway)
What i enjoyed most about that match was the pitch. It looked bloody good for a April in England especially after the winter they've had.
This is from a third division club (and who for all bar the last 10 years have been non-league) and we can't even get a full season on our pitch without it resembling a tip all the time.

Up the Glovers!!!

serious14

At some point before the end of this season I will wander across town and enjoy a Cambridge United FC (Blue Square Premier) afternoon at this most..... "picturesque"..... of venues.  All for a tenner (cheap by English standards).

800px-Alix_Dorrington_The_Abbey_Panorama.jpg

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
At some point before the end of this season I will wander across town and enjoy a Cambridge United FC (Blue Square Premier) afternoon at this most..... "picturesque"..... of venues.  All for a tenner (cheap by English standards).

800px-Alix_Dorrington_The_Abbey_Panorama.jpg
A nice terracing there too........

FFC Mariner

A proper enclosure where you can stand at the side of the gorund

Magic - crowd will all move at HT towards the end Cambridge are kicking to. Except the old farts in the middle (there are always old farts in the middle)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami