• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Re: jokes cont...

P

Pete

This is a true story.........hopefully someone will find it funny as I didn't when it happened to me!

Cleaning the kitchen yesterday and noticed that a pot or two had spilt over the rims and I had dirty splash bowls underneath the electric coils of the cooktop.

So I tried to clean up. Got to where I would usually lift out the coils, on other cooktops. This one wouldn't budge. Mmmm, more force needed. Still wouldn't budge. Found out the coils moved out of the bowls and stuck up, but I couldn't remove them. So I tried to lift them out....

The electric cooktop lifted OFF the bench it was housed in. Mmmm, what have I done here?

Then I noticed the thin rubber/silicone border on the edge of the overhanging lip of the cooktop had come off. Worse still, the seal had broken. Couldn't get it back on by hand. As the seal had broken, you'd work on one edge and the other would slip off! Very frustrating.

Maybe if I got a screwdriver and undid the cooktop from it's connections I could place the seal around the cooktop edge and it would stay on?

As I was unscrewing the connections (yes the power was off) a slip on my greasy hands and *ting, ting, plop* the screwdriver falls behind the (built in) oven below! The screwdriver is now between the oven and the wall behind 'somewhere'.

I look at the fascia to the oven and start contemplating removal of the oven when I finally realise that I may end up partially demolishing that side of my kitchen before I get the f***ing screwdriver out!

I had to admit defeat and call an appliance repairs place today. Sounded like Tim 'the Toolman' Taylor explaining what had happened, and there were pauses in the conversation with the guy on the other end of the phone at times (obviously having a chuckle or 'what-the' moment at my expense).

And one wonders why single guys don't clean up that often?

P

Pete

Post script to above:

Chad from AM Appliance Repairs called out today and had the seal back on the cooktop, and the screwdriver out from behind done with, in about 30 minutes. Cost: $65. :vhappy:

Absolute champion bloke. I would recommend this guy to others who may want their ovens, stoves, cooktops, repaired ...or screwdrivers recovered? :-[

Ph: 4369 5556.

He said he's flat out this week with folks all getting their cooking appliances fixed up for the Christmas feast cookup. But will be taking calls up to Friday.

Aimeee

Not quite a joke but a humerous image:

tattoo-meanings.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member