• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 6 v Adelaide (home)

Michael

Clisby has to be dropped, he had an absolute howler. Kim simply has to start next week, I’d be dropping GG to the bench or to CB. Stens was better than GG last night. I was shocked it was Fox that was dragged at half time. So he might not start next week. Ziggy’s only saving grace was his winning of so many headers but otherwise had an absolute nightmare of a time. He’s not a CB btw. Out and out defensive RB. I expected him to grow in his attacking duties but it’s getting worse so far.
Not getting Milan and Sammy involved enough was a killer, Tommy in my opinion is the only one to have a good game. He was excellent imo, a REAL captains knock.
I agree with those who’ve said we missed kye as much as DDS. I think they reaaaaaalllllyyyy need to focus on solutions of keeping the ball so much better. Because whilst we still kept it well and built attacks there was so many basic situations where we just crumbled and Adelaide were ruthless for the most part. Having Birra stopped it from being 7 or 8 again.
I’d be giving Hatch a start. Clisby killed fox in the first half and blatantly gave up the halloran chase when he was easily in with a shot of holding him up. Criminal imo.
Muzz showed effort but I’m becoming less and less convinced that he’s showed any real improvement. He’s become fitter and stronger but not any sharper or lethal. Perhaps he’s been focusing on the wrong things in training and seriously been hanging matty too long. I mean, Mattys the senior striker, Jordy will take on everything he can from him and the way he speaks about matty is way too infatuous for my liking. Matty isn’t focused on doing his job and scoring goals, he’s focused on pressing defenders and scrapping. Murray is showing more signs of that every week now. His goal last week was brilliant because he used his natural instinct.
But at the end of it all it’s another loss that was our own f**king fault through a couple basic errors and a horrific lack of cutting edge in front of goal.
Bring in Macca, kwas, Mori or even f**king Stewart Petrie to get these blokes smarter in front of goal. We need a striker coach as much as a visa striker.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I thought it was Fox who gave up. Didn't record the game so I can't check.
Cisse 3.0 being extremely lazy also contributed heavily towards each goal. Even Biri had a shocker though.....just shows how important he has been to our scoreline.
Thing is - look at the chances we had. I don't think you could actually say that Adelaide's defence was any better than ours. We had plenty of chances. Possibly even more than they did.
They have multiple players who can be expected to capitalise on those chances. We don't have a single one. We have a handful of players who might capitalise occasionally, and our attack is to hope that on average at least one of them pulls something out of their arse each game.

Michael

I thought it was Fox who gave up. Didn't record the game so I can't check.

clisby was a couple yards behind halloran as the ball was played in behind and at very least couple applied pressure. Fox was covering as a CB should, staying central expecting his full back to do his job, then realising too late that Clisby had committed a crime and then gets dragged out and then Ruon equally as criminal allows Ospeth to get across him way too easily.
Hallorans goal at the near post, Clisby was sucked in narrow way too early when it was not needed, then ball watches and takes himself out of the game allowing the one two around himself.
OH and he also nearly scored a spastic own goal when that nothing scoop over Birra on the dead ball line with no Adelaide player in sight Birra clearly calling keeper and has control, Clisby swings his average right foot at the ball (and Birra) missing the goal by millimetres

pjennings

I was disappointed by the lack of heading quality. Duric and Simon straight at Izzo instead of back to where it came from or at least downwards and Silvera missing wide with what looked like an uncontested header.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Yorkshire Mariners FC. You disagreed with my post. Which bit?
I can't be arsed to have a look at it again, but from where I was that's how it looked.
I'm interested in your view of the goal.

What the f**k is it with people disagreeing with posts but not explaining why they disagree.
Yorkshire Mariners FC. You disagreed with my post. Which bit?
I can't be arsed to have a look at it again, but from where I was that's how it looked.
I'm interested in your view of the goal.

What the f**k is it with people disagreeing with posts but not explaining why they disagree.
Sorry Pirate Pete,
No disrespect intended. I just disagreed.
My view was that it was Clisby's man and he was lazy and Fox had to run over and cover. On the replay, I agree Fox should have slid in to block the cross but he looked at Clisby because the entire situation came from his laziness.
I hope that clears it up...

true believer

Amongst all the justifiable negativity we should remember Izzo made some very nice saves tonight so it’s not like we didn’t make reasonable chances. We just need to steady the ship and get our backs and DMs back on their game.
i couldn't believe how much we missed rowles
For me we need to change the backs/

Murry... Ziggy ... GG .... Rowles...

DM...... Kim & Duric

Wide & Centre... Silvera .... DDS .... Oar

Striker.... Jair....

i like the idea of murray as right back . our biggest problem in defence was rowles not at cb .
silvera needs to pay attention to what his other guys are doing . in the first half ,ziggy wanted him to go down the line .
instead he headed inside the attack broke down when they were out of shape .
there little things but there important .

Last edited:

Wombat

i like the idea of murray as right back . our biggest problem in defence was rowles not at cb .
silvera needs to pay attention to what his other guys are doing . in the first half ,ziggy wanted him to go down the line .

TB. You cannot play a striker as a FB. They don’t know how to defend or even tackle properly.
Even most middies struggle when you ask them to play in the backs.

IMHO they have to be converted early.

Kit Walker

Thank baby Jesus that TB & midfielder aren’t coaching us
Murray at RB, I almost fainted.

FFC Mariner

Punting Glassock now looking to be the dumb ass decision it seemed to be at the time.
Would he really be worse than Cisse?
This habit we have of replacing local juniors with already proven failures is just dumb (Cisse and Majok spring to mind)
Smilie in NYL isn't great but he's ours and as Miller showed yesterday, we have players who are worth a shot.

Kit Walker

why cant you play a so so stiker at fb ? give us a football insight .
Because Murray, from what I can see, has never played right back in his life.
Also because I have so much football insight, Murray scored 43 goals in 64 games for Apia in the NPL between 2016-18.
This is not insight, it’s google & it’s fact.
If you have a young promising guy that has scored plenty of goals previously, why would you panic after a few games & decide he’s a RB?

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Simply put, a striker is used to the game happening behind him.
A defender is used to the game happening in front of him
The difference is huge in terms of positioning and reading the game

turbo

why cant you play a so so stiker at fb ? give us a football insight .
Because it’s a terrible idea and totally disrespectful to defenders suggesting anyone can pick it up so easily and do well. I was working on the theory someone meant Miller.

Tevor

Also our football weekend gets worse with Brisbane upsetting City with a crazy come back.
Yep, now second last. De ja vu from last season. A loss against WU could see us bottom next round if the Nix finally win one which they eventually will. Top 6 feeling didn’t last long.

turbo

I was actually feeling better about our weekend knowing the roar were being dominated and then they pulled it back. If Victory put up a respectable fight I’m going to need a few days away from football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred